Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX Spec + Pics

I totally see Depp in there. I think the mustache, beard and eyeliner help sell the sculpt, as opposed to HT's Indy which doesn't really have any specific facial features to exploit (or help obscure) besides the stubble.

The accessories and clothing look fantastic. I wonder what the price will be. Will it be $250 like Indy?

im a big fan of the flicks but i would never buy a figure from the movies.The fact my misses is a huge fan is enough for me to buy it for her for XMAS!!!
Time for a movie marathon!!!!A-HO ME HEARTIES!!!

That's how I alway felt too. But after seeing this, that's all gone out the window. :panic:

Pre-ordering this ASAP! :lecture

211407fl2s83lv2v7p9s7p.jpg

Awesome.

But can we all agree to use either the crotch stand or the diorama base? :pray:

I try an avoid stands whenever possible, but seriously, it looks so retarded when people put stands in dioramas. :slap

2nd Q bit of a wierd one, very quick for HT, it's normally a minimum of 6months & that would be considered fast. Where does HT state 2nd Q, not disagreeing just not seen a date on there Facebook page?

So the ebay presells are in the $265 range so I am guessing this will be $199... I hope. :)

Well, in all fairness... The Indy doesn't look like Ford to me... i said all i needed to say in the thread a few pages in and then stayed away. If HT fixes it, cool... if not, i won't buy it.

But this looks a lot like Depp, and those that say otherwise are crazy. :slap

M.

Fair enough.

So the ebay presells are in the $265 range so I am guessing this will be $199... I hope. :)
I figure $230-250 on Sideshow's site. Indy broke that $200 seal, and with the two faces, fancy outfit, and giant rudder, I don't imagine this is gonna be in the Bruce Lee range.

Is the implication that they will be changing the second facial expression from this:

HotToys-POTC4-CaptainJackSparrow_4.jpg

to this?

211418mews466i0eywtss3.jpg

I hope they don't go with that picture. I like the almost laughing look of the original. As much as I like this face that we have, its almost too pissed off looking. It would have been cool to have the smirk that Kojun did on his original and then this open smile face.

I would guess they're going to stick with teeth showing smile but make it more devious and less jolly.

I really like the inclusion of the wheel, I already know how I'll pose my main Sparrow in my collection, a mix of Curse scenes, at the wheel like the end of the movie, but instead of holding his compass, resting his pistol on his shoulder like when he and Will steal the Dauntless.

I figure $230-250 on Sideshow's site. Indy broke that $200 seal, and with the two faces, fancy outfit, and giant rudder, I don't imagine this is gonna be in the Bruce Lee range.

:exactly: $230 - $250 easily. 2Q release not so easy IMO. Dammit I had little interest until the in store pic. It would look great in a detolf. I suppose Time to think about selling my Jack.

NICE! Overall anyway.

Baldric's still too short and that brown coat -- blah!

Everything else, including the real fur thingies on his belt = EXCELLENT!

Love the wheel but its a little overwhelming on the shelf.

This looks absolutely ____ing fantastic! SOLD, my preorder will be immediate :lecture

Absolutely beautiful!!
I'm glad they are re-working the smiling head as I didn't like it very much, but still! Pretty impressive figure!
MUST get!!

BTW I think Indy looks just as good... :monkey3
:panic:

Definite pre-order for me,as soon as it goes up,
I'm seeing Depp there, it's close enough for me,
Although my wallet will be quoting Captain Sparrow "Oh Bugger!"

Kindest regards
Tys

I hope they don't go with that picture. I like the almost laughing look of the original. As much as I like this face that we have, its almost too pissed off looking. It would have been cool to have the smirk that Kojun did on his original and then this open smile face.

I agree. For the extra expression, I would like him smiling with his eyes rather than glaring.

But I do like the pissed off sculpt too.

Back