Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful tattoo viezure:clap

And thanks to cmiller99 & cokebabies for the compliments. I really love taking pictures of this figure cause you have so many options to choose from. HT was really on their game when this figure came out. The two sculpts with PERS is done to perfection and the outfit is insanely detailed. Time to revisit Angelica and take some new pics with Jack one of these days.

Last edited:
Thanks! And yes, i didn't want the usual portrait from the well known scenes, just something slightly different :)

Is there any sort of filter on that pic / other editing done?

I ask because it's got this great "comic strip" coloring to it (in case that sounds derogatory at all, I want to head that off at the pass that I mean it as a big compliment), so I wasn't sure if that was the result of any editing.

No editing at all, this is the way it looks on my hand, saturation and everything and i'll definitely take it as a compliment!
It's a slightly modified version of John Alvin's painting of Jack.

Small quote from wiki about John:
"His style of art became known as Alvinesque by friends and colleagues in the entertainment industry.
Alvin created artwork for more than 135 film campaigns over the span of three decades. His work for such film studios as New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Disney Studios and Lucasfilm Ltd., included Blade Runner, Cocoon, The Lost Boys, Predator, The Princess Bride, Gremlins, The Goonies, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Jurassic Park. He also created the anniversary posters and other artwork for the 30th anniversary Star Wars Celebration. In later years he created posters for Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Harry Potter film series and Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean films."

He really was a great artist and i was even more happy when i found that he also did posters from other movies i loved, like The Lion King.
A great thing for me is that i talked to his wife on facebook and told her i wanted to get a tattoo made from John's art of Jack. She was very excited and loved the tattoo when i showed it to her after it was done!
Here's the painting, by the way :)

Posted before....but I'm really counting on the Jack Sparrow Dead Men Tell No Tales figure being at least as good. [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few quick shots of Jack with his updated sash were in order and I may have unwrapped it, soaked it in more black tea and used more sandpaper on it but that doesn't make me crazy right? Then again I enjoy staring at Jack while listening to the PotC soundtracks :lol

A comparison to how the figure looked out of the box at the end.

27250431352_9a21e6cbf9_o.jpg

27250431162_d12dfb1d8e_o.jpg

27250710882_c41cfa0e48_o.jpg

27250430652_bcba438bbf_o.jpg

17329903158_c14a8f7fde_o.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great! Did you do other mods except the sash? Or is that something I should look back through the thread to find out?
I sold my Jack but have a new one arriving on Saturday and plan to make a few mods to him (arm tattoos etc). The sash was something that always bugged me a little.

I have an odd question and here seems as good a place as any to ask, has anyone ever made/seen 1/6 cursed gold coins that could go with this figure?

Thanks! :yess:

No other major mods, but I did lengthen the baldric slightly to allow the sash to hang better. I also used the water treatment on his shirt and vest.

27250431442_0505889321_b.jpg

Your sash looks wonderfully realistic.

I haven't really futzed with mine that much seeing as he's behind his ship's wheel at the moment but I should look into doing that at some point. :)

Got this guy today. Certainly one of my grails.

CJY2lmk.jpg

Stole the pose from Jeepindude because it was awesome.

It's difficult to attach those 4 things to his belts. I'll mess around with them when i have more patience.

I really hope they make another dx-ish Jack Sparrow for the new movie. Unless I can find a deal :wink1:

Last edited:
Here's a deck I made for Mannin. It's kind of a generic ship deck, but I styled the coloring after the cardboard one from HT. Made from oak and birch on an MDF base. It's hard to pick up, but I left a few "puddles" of lacquer to made it look permanently wet.
If anyone is interested, I can make a couple.

fantastic pictures everyone! i haven't really thought much of this figure... but after looking thru all these amazing pics... might be time to hunt one down!

Back