Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, they could make the faces swappable without PERS, since likely, the hair would be attached to a face in production in the same way, just maybe permanently glued instead of the magnet.

I do hope any future Jacks have hair as well done as this figure, botht he overall volume/sculpt and the material and structure. I love the flexibility on the DX, you can pose the head anywhere the joint will allow, where the old hair was restrictive to his movement and often looks really bad in poses outside of a straight on look.

Thats what Im actually hoping for is that HT does two more swap out faces for their Cannibal King version (just without the PERS) and then gives us with the DX even more options to display out Jacks with. Im sure the Cannibal's Dreads will be just as impressive as this DX release. I just hope they stay with sculpted hair. I dont think they have perfected the rooted hair look and Id hate for them to use it on one of my favorite movie icons.

Personally, as much as rooted hair can add realism, particularly when custom done, but with Jack, I feel like the layering of his hair would all be lost into a big black/brown blob.

Which is another thing I love about the DX hair over the preivous Jacks. The various styles to his hair on the first figures get lost in a big mass of black rubber, the dreads don't pop from the regular strands and such, this new material and means of assembling it allows things to pop more, the paint detailing came out great.

Personally, as much as rooted hair can add realism, particularly when custom done, but with Jack, I feel like the layering of his hair would all be lost into a big black/brown blob.

Which is another thing I love about the DX hair over the preivous Jacks. The various styles to his hair on the first figures get lost in a big mass of black rubber, the dreads don't pop from the regular strands and such, this new material and means of assembling it allows things to pop more, the paint detailing came out great.

Indeed! :lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I may take this back later, when I'm fiending for a specific figure but...

If every "delayed" HT comes out like this, they can take all the time they want.

Seriously the greatest figure EVER......
IMG_3639.jpg

Looks a lot like my display, SR. :clap

If every "delayed" HT comes out like this, they can take all the time they want.

Well. providing the delay is specific to the figure and specific to extra work going into it, then delay is always a good thing, better to take their time. I've seen some quick done figures come out well, but they're usually standard and on the simpler time, I'm all for taking time on complex pieces to get a better end result.

That cylinder is the socket. It pulled out of the shoe. That's not the peg on the end.

Don't know what to tell you then. Perhaps Robbie can enlighten us. :)

Anyone do anything with their flag?

Here's what I did.

I ironed it to get rid of the fold mark. Then I sewed it to a piece of cardboard. I stuck it to the back of the detolf with packing tape.

P1160713.jpg

P1160714.jpg

P1160719.jpg

The pole is just propped up on the shelf.

DX Jack Sparrow is a true premium format figure, very nice accessories, paint, materials, tailoring, sculpting, and on top of it all, it's a posable figure, not a statue, with a base every bit as nice as a premium format statue might include. Sure it's 1/6 not 1/4, but I think for the cost, the value of what you get and the options are far more worth it with this. Jack is my 3rd DX figure with Joker and Batman being the others, and to me, this is the first where the whole package truly feels like the cost and what you get are fitting and the overall deserves to be classified above and beyond a standard figure.

Hot Toys went all out on this figure and I feel very fortunate that they did, this figure means a lot to me and the joy I have right now could only come from the realization of an amazing Jack figure, and with a little customization, I have that now thanks to Hot Toys.
Well said :goodpost:

DX Jack Sparrow is a true premium format figure, very nice accessories, paint, materials, tailoring, sculpting, and on top of it all, it's a posable figure, not a statue, with a base every bit as nice as a premium format statue might include. Sure it's 1/6 not 1/4, but I think for the cost, the value of what you get and the options are far more worth it with this. Jack is my 3rd DX figure with Joker and Batman being the others, and to me, this is the first where the whole package truly feels like the cost and what you get are fitting and the overall deserves to be classified above and beyond a standard figure.

Hot Toys went all out on this figure and I feel very fortunate that they did, this figure means a lot to me and the joy I have right now could only come from the realization of an amazing Jack figure, and with a little customization, I have that now thanks to Hot Toys.

Yep!
It actually is WELL WORTH the $215 I paid for him- which is something I can't say on 90% of what HT has been producing of late..

That shot is funny thought because it shows how extremely out of scale Jack's animal skin is though.

How come nobody's complained about it yet?? :p

How come nobody's complained about it yet?? :p

I think because of the quality, I was considering using the old tails from the previous Jacks until I got hte figure, a little futzing on the belt and all, I rather enjoy the real material, even if oversized.

This is the 2 small simple pegs that I used to hold up the Jack Sparrow Flag...hope this helps and my initial attempt failed as my flag came crumbling down after I have re-adjusted the pegs too many times and it lost it's holding grip.

hi2.jpg

hi.jpg

hi3.jpg

Jack.jpg

2 days ago, I went to toy hunters HK. Jack and classic preadator already sold out along with nolan. I went to toyzone causewaybay, but the price is WOW! And I still couldn't find jack in there... It's weird that I'm in HK and can't even buy this figure.

Back