Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this guy is so awesome!
IMAG0540.jpg

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0554.jpg
IMAG0549.jpg
IMAG0562.jpg

I'm so jealous of you right now :lol

Just put this guy together. It really is an amazing figure. and the base is really good too.

the only negative was that the magnets on the POTC plaque fell out. Apparently they weren't glued in well enough. Easy fix though.

I can't wait to get Angelica so she can stand right next to Jack.

DX Jack Sparrow is a true premium format figure, very nice accessories, paint, materials, tailoring, sculpting, and on top of it all, it's a posable figure, not a statue, with a base every bit as nice as a premium format statue might include. Sure it's 1/6 not 1/4, but I think for the cost, the value of what you get and the options are far more worth it with this. Jack is my 3rd DX figure with Joker and Batman being the others, and to me, this is the first where the whole package truly feels like the cost and what you get are fitting and the overall deserves to be classified above and beyond a standard figure.

Hot Toys went all out on this figure and I feel very fortunate that they did, this figure means a lot to me and the joy I have right now could only come from the realization of an amazing Jack figure, and with a little customization, I have that now thanks to Hot Toys.

:lecture:exactly: Best DX to date by far! Looking like the next great one will be Bespin Luke with the amount of stuff you get with it...but I agree this guy has a special place in my heart and Im glad HT went the distance and did the Good Captain justice!

Wow, the Lego Black Pearl is big.

Yes it is! I have it as well and I was surprised how big it was when I finished putting it together.

Lord-22-Great Fun pics with the LEGO Pirates! :lol

Pity the nose on the smiling sculpt isn't as accurate as the non smiling sculpt. It's longer and pointier. It throws that head sculpt a little for me, whilst the non smiling sculpt is perfection.

They are not the same. The bridge of the nose on the smiling sculpt is thinner and straighter than the non-smiling sculpt. Put them side by side and you will see the difference. It's still great but not as perfect. The nose is pointier and has a slight dip at the tip making it look more angular. The regular sculpt is perfect Depp.
:dunno

photocopy-1.jpg

photo-32.jpg

Last edited:
So anybody with ideas on how I can fix the loose boot?

From the two posts below I get the impression it's just a mater of lining the cylinder up right:

Pulled my boot off and the inside peg holder came with it. Not a big deal but I am having a little trouble getting it back in. With the high boot its making it a challenge.

2011-12-25_23-45-36_112.jpg

Got it back in but gluing it will be tricky. Seems to stay on so Im not going to mess with it.

It just sounds like you have to fit the cylinder into the cylinder shaped hole. :dunno

It's not magically going to pop back in place on it's own, you have to work at it.

Man, this guy is so awesome!
IMAG0562.jpg

Great poses Zack! :rock

They are not the same. The bridge of the nose on the smiling sculpt is thinner and straighter than the non-smiling sculpt. Put them side by side and you will see the difference. It's still great but not as perfect. The nose is pointier and has a slight dip at the tip making it look more angular. The regular sculpt is perfect Depp.
:dunno

To me it's a subtle difference and an accurrate one, our noses look different with certain facial expressions. I see the two sculpts as the same with just the small differences that define each expression. When I first got the figure, I almost couldn't tell the smiling sculpt was that in the box, it looks so close to the other.

Well the tip of your nose doesn't get sharper when you smile, but regardless, they are both awesome. You are right they look very similar in the box, I wonder what the production version of the original smiling sculpt would have come out like? I still wish they had gone with a slightly more extreme 2nd sculpt.

From the two posts below I get the impression it's just a mater of lining the cylinder up right:

It just sounds like you have to fit the cylinder into the cylinder shaped hole. :dunno

It's not magically going to pop back in place on it's own, you have to work at it.

Great poses Zack! :rock

That cylinder is the socket. It pulled out of the shoe. That's not the peg on the end.

Well the tip of your nose doesn't get sharper when you smile, but regardless, they are both awesome. You are right they look very similar in the box, I wonder what the production version of the original smiling sculpt would have come out like? I still wish they had gone with a slightly more extreme 2nd sculpt.

I don't see them doing it, but an expansion set of more expressions would be great, but probably too much work for approvals to justify. If they DX Cannibal Jack, we might get a clean head and another expression.

I took stills from all the movies as reference and inspiration for my photos of this figure, and I think I could come up with at least 10 unique faces that might be interesting for a figure.

What's interesting for me is my feelings towards the two we get. I find the serious face the most valuable for photo work, but I love the smiling for shelf display. I'm usually partial to a single head in instances where a figure includes 2, usually because it's an extreme differnece of BD vs. clean, but in this case, I really like them both and get a lot of value out of them including both and thankfully I'm not torn to the point of wanting to build 2 separate figures, though if I can get the hair attachment cheap enough I might put one head on my AWE Jack.

They dont even need to DX the Cannibal King version to give us more swap out faces, they just wont be PERS eyes, but really Jack benefits greatly with the PERS. So far the best character to have PERS IMO.

I don't see them doing it, but an expansion set of more expressions would be great, but probably too much work for approvals to justify. If they DX Cannibal Jack, we might get a clean head and another expression.

I took stills from all the movies as reference and inspiration for my photos of this figure, and I think I could come up with at least 10 unique faces that might be interesting for a figure.

What's interesting for me is my feelings towards the two we get. I find the serious face the most valuable for photo work, but I love the smiling for shelf display. I'm usually partial to a single head in instances where a figure includes 2, usually because it's an extreme differnece of BD vs. clean, but in this case, I really like them both and get a lot of value out of them including both and thankfully I'm not torn to the point of wanting to build 2 separate figures, though if I can get the hair attachment cheap enough I might put one head on my AWE Jack.

Got this fig for Xmas. Along with a 3D blu ray copy of the film. I'm struggling to get through it. It's pretty bad.

They dont even need to DX the Cannibal King version to give us more swap out faces, they just wont be PERS eyes, but really Jack benefits greatly with the PERS. So far the best character to have PERS IMO.

True, they could make the faces swappable without PERS, since likely, the hair would be attached to a face in production in the same way, just maybe permanently glued instead of the magnet.

I do hope any future Jacks have hair as well done as this figure, botht he overall volume/sculpt and the material and structure. I love the flexibility on the DX, you can pose the head anywhere the joint will allow, where the old hair was restrictive to his movement and often looks really bad in poses outside of a straight on look.

Back