Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen some where it looked good with subtle addition of cotton, and I do mean subtle. I have seen them also with too much cotton and again, he started to look like the hulk that's about to bust out of his costume, lol.

This figure was the hardest to pose out of any figure I have. I seriously spent over 2 hours one time finding a pose due to that body. If not futzed well, you start to see the old true type there and it looks funny. And some poses look cool, then once I set it inside the detolf and the lights hit the body at a weird angle, again, you start to see the old true type body.

But once you find that good pose, I think it looks good.

I still really like my repainted V1 supes, i think with a repainted head it's the best likeness, i never felt the V2 head looked like routh at all.

nhtsr1.jpg

nhtsr2.jpg

Nice shots, magnuz!

Funny, I was just playing with this figure and testing it out with the new obitsu stands I got, can't bear the weight BTW. I like the original version, as well.

How are you guys going about removing the 2in1's suit? And if you're thinking about porting him over to the new CR body theres also the issue of the head compatability. I don't think the Returns head will fit that big muscle neck.

How are you guys going about removing the 2in1's suit? And if you're thinking about porting him over to the new CR body theres also the issue of the head compatability. I don't think the Returns head will fit that big muscle neck.

The suit is sewn together at the waist hidden by the belt. What I'm planning on doing is undoing the stitching there and simply putting the suit in the new body and stiching it back together.

Idk how it would look with the new Reeve body, plus the fact they you'd have to paint over the neck to match the Routh head or vise versa.

Look how amazing this figure looks in Pitu's video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5TLAdxecxo&feature=feedu"]‪Hot toys Jack Nicholson Joker, Batman Begins, Christopher Reeves Superman‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The suit is sewn together at the waist hidden by the belt. What I'm planning on doing is undoing the stitching there and simply putting the suit in the new body and stiching it back together.

Idk how it would look with the new Reeve body, plus the fact they you'd have to paint over the neck to match the Routh head or vise versa.

Well my thinking about the Routh 2in1 head not being compatible with the new Reeve body is that it has a partial neck included in its sculpt whereas the Reeve superman - if you look at the profile view in Pitu's video there - is purely the head, cut off right under his jawline, his ear and hairline. The Routh 2in1 head is made for the old style TT necks not a big chunky muscle body neck. If it fits at all it will sit very high giving him a giraffe neck and he'd probably look like a pinhead.

The Hot Toys Sgt. Barnes figure has the same kind of partial neck in its headsculpt, likewise designed to fit a TT neck. I tried to put it on a Wolverine/Royce body and it just didn't work.

The only thing I don't like about this Superman it's that line on his neck ,I mean seriously?It would've been perfect if that line wasn't there but anyway I still preordered it and I won't cancel my order .

The only thing I don't like about this Superman it's that line on his neck ,I mean seriously?It would've been perfect if that line wasn't there but anyway I still preordered it and I won't cancel my order .
Wrong thread guys...

Well my thinking about the Routh 2in1 head not being compatible with the new Reeve body is that it has a partial neck included in its sculpt whereas the Reeve superman - if you look at the profile view in Pitu's video there - is purely the head, cut off right under his jawline, his ear and hairline. The Routh 2in1 head is made for the old style TT necks not a big chunky muscle body neck. If it fits at all it will sit very high giving him a giraffe neck and he'd probably look like a pinhead.

The Hot Toys Sgt. Barnes figure has the same kind of partial neck in its headsculpt, likewise designed to fit a TT neck. I tried to put it on a Wolverine/Royce body and it just didn't work.

I totally agree with you about the neck and what not, that's why I'm putting mine on a TT Advanced and not going for the newer mucle body. Though I do plance on cutting off the extra bit of "neck" by the ears for a better look, but don't want to do anything until I have the new body in hand. I think you'd have to dremel out the 2in1 head some to get it to fit right on the newer muscle bodies

Do you mean the big ugly line down the side of the Reeve Superman's neck? That most certainly won't be there on the final figure.

Back