Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally got the chance to put mine on a TT Advanced. Really liking how it looks. I've since cut off the "neck" areas on both the Clark and Superman sculpts. It's small but effective. I'll take pics once I've repainted them

New_OldComparison.jpg

SAM_2051.jpg

SAM_2055.jpg

SAM_2058.jpg

SAM_2060.jpg

Thank's Nam!

Yea it's definitely a nice upgrade. Didn't even have to worry about stitching it back together. Few small drops of fabric glue go a long way

But, Routh's shoulders don't slope down that much though
brandonrouth0116.jpg

Thank's Nam!

Yea it's definitely a nice upgrade. Didn't even have to worry about stitching it back together. Few small drops of fabric glue go a long way

But, Routh's shoulders don't slope down that much though
brandonrouth0116.jpg

Not when he's posing like he has a stick up his ass. :lol

I like how when pushed down, the arms give a natural slope to the chest/traps and how it makes the tri's on the TTA pop a bit more.

That's a massive improvement. What a pity that body wasn't available when the figure was released. I've never been entirely happy with it as I think the head is slightly oversized but it doesn't look so much that way with the bulkier body.
I think I may have to try this myself. Is it just a matter of removing the belt and unpicking the stitching round the waist?

I'm not a big fan of the movie, but I would consider getting a newer/redesigned version of this figure.

Has there ever been any talk of redesigning it?

That's a massive improvement. What a pity that body wasn't available when the figure was released. I've never been entirely happy with it as I think the head is slightly oversized but it doesn't look so much that way with the bulkier body.
I think I may have to try this myself. Is it just a matter of removing the belt and unpicking the stitching round the waist?

You don't have to remove the belt completely but I didn so i could reasjust it to fit better. Also I unstiched it at the waist almost completely but left most of the front stiching together. then once the suit was on the new body, i just used drops of fabric glue to attach it back where it was originally sewn. Hope that helps :wave

You don't have to remove the belt completely but I didn so i could reasjust it to fit better. Also I unstiched it at the waist almost completely but left most of the front stiching together. then once the suit was on the new body, i just used drops of fabric glue to attach it back where it was originally sewn. Hope that helps :wave

That's very useful thanks. I'm keen to minimise the damage to the suit so every little helps. First step is to find a TTA.
Cheers.

Last edited:
You know, after the Joker DX 2.0 announcement, I was thinking about the Superman Returns figure.

Do you think they might re-release this? Improve it a little? For those of us who don't have this, I was thinking it might be a good opportunity to get it.

Any thoughts on this?

You know, after the Joker DX 2.0 announcement, I was thinking about the Superman Returns figure.

Do you think they might re-release this? Improve it a little? For those of us who don't have this, I was thinking it might be a good opportunity to get it.

Any thoughts on this?

I'd honestly be surprised if they care. With Reeve Supes taking all the press currently, and a potential badass Superman figure on the horizon, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Returns is a fart in the wind.

I doubt it. Especially since the Routh movie will never have a sequel and they are probably already focusing on designing the figure for the Cavill Superman.

I figured as much as well. The movie was pretty bad anyway.

And honestly, that figure isn't that great.

I love that blue they used. I was hoping for something similar with Cavill's suit. It's pretty impressive how far Hot Toys has come with sculpts since this figure. It's definitely passable, but when you're comparing it to Reeve, Sparrow and the like, those are some pretty monumental improvements.

I love that blue they used. I was hoping for something similar with Cavill's suit. It's pretty impressive how far Hot Toys has come with sculpts since this figure. It's definitely passable, but when you're comparing it to Reeve, Sparrow and the like, those are some pretty monumental improvements.

I don't look at it like that. That figure was great for when it was released and for me, they're frozen in that timeframe. Otherwise, you'll spend your life eternally upgrading your collection and swapping out oldies but goodies for the next best thing.

I've just completed this and it's an unbelievable upgrade. I confess I was a bit apprehensive as I took a scalpel to such an expensive figure but once started there was no going back. I used Fabri-Tac to fix the suit back together again.
If I can be perhaps slightly rude I'd say I don't think your photos really show properly how effective this is. The neck on mine looks slightly longer than yours. Not sure why this should be. I used the entire TTA body. I tried both and preferred the TTA. Perhaps you kept the neck from the original figure. Who knows?
Thanks for giving me the inspiration to do this. I'd never been completely happy with this guy, finding him slightly skinny and the head a bit oversized, but he's now perfect. He's my favourite Superman of over 30 ranging from the original Megos to all the more recent releases with a few stupidly expensive customs in there too.

Cheers.

Tom K.

Yea I kept the original neck b/c I didn't have the TTA neck. I got the African American TTA really cheap ($25). The Caucasian one was well over $40. I also didn't know there was a difference in the necks from the standard TT and the TTA. But I'm happy with it the way it is. Maybe I'll pick up a TTA neck down the road but I like how mine looks right now

Im hoping the price on this guy drops with the new Reeve release. I always loved the look of this figure but could never find it for a decent price

Back