No Edition Size with NRD Doesn't Matter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilof76

Super Freak
Reaction score
Your recent decision to solicit the Joker Premium Format pre-order with a non-refundable deposit and an edition size To Be Determined has inspired much negative commentary regarding your integrity as a business, as well as assertions that customers have a right to be spared this unfair practice. I wanted you to know that there are those of your customers who understand that you have no obligation to provide this information, and that there is nothing unfair about the practice. I also wanted to ask that you continue to do what you determine is in the best interest of your company, and to not defer to the vocal minority who prefer that you cater to their convenience ahead of your own. There is no need for you to supplicate yourselves to critics in this regard. The fact that even without the edition size disclosed, the exclusive edition of the Joker PF took little time to sell out, should be sufficient evidence to that effect.

Thanks for your time. :duff

Last edited:
900flx.gif

There are no people in this thread. What do you mean most?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter how many people want it. It's not the customer's call to make. This debate has never been a question of what works to sell their product. It sells no matter what. They chose to not sell to those who were buying based on edition size, and they still got what they were after. I can see no reason to change it if that's what they want.

The larger point is that there is nothing unfair about it, and there is no such thing as a right to have a published edition size. The original thread was posted in the context of a lot of nasty things being said about the company, and I don't think they should cater to that kind of attitude.

There are no people in this thread. What do you mean most?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter how many people want it. It's not the customer's call to make. This debate has never been a question of what works to sell their product. It sells no matter what. They chose to not sell to those who were buying based on edition size, and they still got what they were after. I can see no reason to change it if that's what they want.

The larger point is that there is nothing unfair about it, and there is no such thing as a right to have a published edition size. The original thread was posted in the context of a lot of nasty things being said about the company, and I don't think they should cater to that kind of attitude.

Who are you talking to :cuckoo:

I'm pretty sure I'm impervious to madness.

Although, it's probably crazy to start a thread for something that no one cares about, except for the people who were offended that Sideshow would dare ask for an NRD without disclosing edition size. Because I think the activity in this thread makes it fairly obvious that no one gives a damn.

You know, beyond the fact that they're sick of hearing about it.

Your recent decision to solicit the Joker Premium Format pre-order with a non-refundable deposit and an edition size To Be Determined has inspired much negative commentary regarding your integrity as a business, as well as assertions that customers have a right to be spared this unfair practice. I wanted you to know that there are those of your customers who understand that you have no obligation to provide this information, and that there is nothing unfair about the practice. I also wanted to ask that you continue to do what you determine is in the best interest of your company, and to not defer to the vocal minority who prefer that you cater to their convenience ahead of your own. There is no need for you to supplicate yourselves to critics in this regard. The fact that even without the edition size disclosed, the exclusive edition of the Joker PF took little time to sell out, should be sufficient evidence to that effect.

Thanks for your time. :duff

:goodpost:

And here I was thinking that I was the only one who felt this way about the "No ES w/NRD" issue. Well said bro. I agree with you 100% on this.

~Rob

I also agree, i posted the long winded version in the other thread but this policy change means I stand a good chance of getting items I actually want for my collection and not for profit while making SS more successful and able to keep making these cool statues so good work.

Yeah but the reality is you can not make 100% of the people 100% happy 100% of the time. The company is growing and it needs to change to stay profitable and competitive. I would rather have 1/5000 jokers then 1/500 and a broke company that can't make the batman to go with it.

So you guys would be satisfied with putting down $100 and then finding out that Sideshow is going to make 10,000 of them which means that most of them will be of craptastic quality?

No wonder Sideshow is still in business.

So you guys would be satisfied with putting down $100 and then finding out that Sideshow is going to make 10,000 of them which means that most of them will be of craptastic quality?

No wonder Sideshow is still in business.
What's edition size got to do with quality? Seems like whether a crew is working on a statue with an Ed. size of 100 or 10,000, they're still working the same number of hours, still doing the same kind of work, etc. It isn't like sweatshop worker number 7 is gonna get all excited because they only have to paint 50 of something, considering once that's done more stuff's gonna roll off the assembly line to be painted anyway.

The ES doesn't matter to me. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't.

I don't have a problem with the NRD. I understand it's a business decision for Sideshow and it gives me pause on whether I really want a piece or if it's just impulse.

What's edition size got to do with quality? Seems like whether a crew is working on a statue with an Ed. size of 100 or 10,000, they're still working the same number of hours, still doing the same kind of work, etc. It isn't like sweatshop worker number 7 is gonna get all excited because they only have to paint 50 of something, considering once that's done more stuff's gonna roll off the assembly line to be painted anyway.

Tell that to most of the people who bought the Spider-Man comiquette that had an edition size of 1,900. At least every one had some kind of clear flaw.

I'd imagine a lower ED size would have tighter QC control since they'd only be selling such a low # of units. :dunno

Tell that to most of the people who bought the Spider-Man comiquette that had an edition size of 1,900. At least every one had some kind of clear flaw.
So that's a sample size of 1. There were 1,700 Wolverine PFs and the paint work was stellar. Edition size is not the cause.

Back