Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a frenzy today to get User IDs if you don't already have one, so I secured mine.

But here's the question:

I have a Nintendo Network ID. I have a Nintendo account and within that account, I registered a User ID.

Can someone help me straighten out why we have 3 accounts????

I'm totally confused as to what each account is used for.

The new user ID is for the Switch.

The pre-existing NNID is for the Wii U/3DS.

The nickname is for your Mii.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I can't get mine to send the verification email

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

U are an idiot

*You.

If you aren't going to put forward any reasoning as to why I am incorrect, dont make yourself look a complete bell.

People aren't buying this console over Microsoft or Sony's offerings. It's in a category of its own. It's not meant to compete directly.

Its not meant to compete but it is in consumers eyes. I went into GAME on Boxing Day. All the kids were begging parents to buy the £200/£220 Minecraft bundles on the Xbox/PS4. Hell kids were begging parents to buy COD and GTAV to go with it.

My 7 year old step kid said to me the Switch is pointless. It isnt as good as the PS4. He cant play Minecraft, Need For Speed, Knack, Ratchet and Clank, F1, all his Lego games or the upcoming Crash Bandicoot trilogy. If he wants to play Pokemon he plays on his 3DS.

This is the issue. The Switch should have been all in to either replace the 3DS and make an epic handheld or it shouldve been a balls-out Wii U replacement. Instead its a compromise which isnt good enough on either aspect. To the Nintendo fans they may be happy to just play Nintendo franchises which is fine, but it means 3rd party support sucks because the games wont sell. That means they dont make games which means non-Nintendo fans wont buy.

Theres this fantasy online where Nintendo is still king and all the kids love Nintendo. It just isnt true. It hasnt been for atleast 8 years.

This is the issue. The Switch should have been all in to either replace the 3DS and make an epic handheld or it shouldve been a balls-out Wii U replacement. Instead its a compromise which isnt good enough on either aspect. To the Nintendo fans they may be happy to just play Nintendo franchises which is fine, but it means 3rd party support sucks because the games wont sell. That means they dont make games which means non-Nintendo fans wont buy.

Theres this fantasy online where Nintendo is still king and all the kids love Nintendo. It just isnt true. It hasnt been for atleast 8 years.

The Switch might be their first console in a while to gain a good amount of 3rd Party Support. If you watched their launch presentation a month ago, they had quite a bit of developers willing to build for the Switch. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has made promises in the past on previous systems and it didn't pan out, but this one might not be one of those. We just have to wait on see....and it's way too early to jump into conclusions at this time.

Also, I don't think they want to replace the 3DS with the Nintendo Switch just yet. It's a big risk that could bite them in the a** big time. The 3DS is their bread and butter at the moment which makes them a ton of money. I'm sure they do not want to ruin that gravy train right now until they know the Switch has been fully embraced and accepted in the market.

as far as developer interest--with the Wii U launch they had a similar thing showing all the publishers and developers working on stuff and then they ended up getting very little of that.

The thing with consoles is that when they launch you have to have an interest in the console features or they have to sell well enough to justify making games for it, Wii U failed on both. The Wii succeeded on both, and the Xbox One/PS4 have the development interest due to the increased power. For the Switch, I'm not sure how it's going to go, there's not any significant features that I can think of that would make developers excited to make games for it.

The Switch might be their first console in a while to gain a good amount of 3rd Party Support. If you watched their launch presentation a month ago, they had quite a bit of developers willing to build for the Switch. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has made promises in the past on previous systems and it didn't pan out, but this one might not be one of those. We just have to wait on see....and it's way too early to jump into conclusions at this time.

Also, I don't think they want to replace the 3DS with the Nintendo Switch just yet. It's a big risk that could bite them in the a** big time. The 3DS is their bread and butter at the moment which makes them a ton of money. I'm sure they do not want to ruin that gravy train right now until they know the Switch has been fully embraced and accepted in the market.

I get what you are saying mate. Im just concerned with how the PS4/Xbone is pushing videogames. Never before have we had mid-cycle updates that are almost new consoles like we see with the Pro and the Scorpio. Its not like a Slim version. Its new hardwarw that is substantially better.

3rd party developer will look at the combined user-base of Sonysoft, develop a game there and more likely than not will not downscale to the Switch. Thats my concern.

Christmas 2018 will be the key for me.

I read online that they'll be canceling almost every order due to a something happening to their allotment.

I called tonight to Amazon and this is how bad it is: The CS rep I talked to is a gamer who had the Master Edition on PO....his got cancelled....and he works for Amazon.

Crud, man.. I'm sorry to hear..

I ordered mine from someone who ordered their's from Amazon, so I can't even see if it's cancelled yet. Dread.

It sucks. I think what pisses me off is now Amazon is sold out of the regular edition as well, so I'll have to get it elsewhere (and pay up front.) Not a huge deal, but it's just ridiculous. I have a Switch with no game! :lol I'm going to give a crack at the midnight release at BB. I have a friend who works there. Will try to get the scoop on if any Master Editions will be available to those who didn't PO....

Back