NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys! What is your 2nd favorite NFL team?

My 1st is the Vikings (obviously born here and hometown fave) But if you even like another team what is the other team you would root for if your team didn't exist, or if there was not an NFL team in your state?

Mine is the Browns. Why? no idea. Like the uniforms i guess. I always want them to do well.

My 1st is the Vikings (obviously born here and hometown fave) But if you even like another team what is the other team you would root for if your team didn't exist, or if there was not an NFL team in your state?

Mine is the Browns. Why? no idea. Like the uniforms i guess. I always want them to do well.

I had a second favorite team until a ****** named Favre joined it. So for now I have no second favorite.

No offense, but you have terrible taste. I can see the hometown thing, but the Browns? :horror

i was a diehard Browns fan for 18 years until they moved to Baltimore. Since then I've never really had a favorite team. I usually latch on to my favorite players and cheer for their team. Always like Marshall Faulk from San Diego State so I followed him from Indy to St. Louis for example.

I've sorta been tired of football so I'm not sure I even have favorite players or teams anymore at all since Faulk, Warner, and a few others have retired. My favorite college players from the last few years, Colt McCoy, Colt Brennan, Tebow, they'll probably never amount to anything in the NFL.

I've got the Jets and Giants as co-favorite teams. Which I know is uncommon, since they're "rivals" (even though the only thing they compete for is media attention). But I became a fan of NFL football before I really became a fan of a specific team, so I just figured I'd root for the local teams.

I'm also not one of the psycho NY fans that go insane if they don't succeed every year. When Eli was stumbling in his first couple of years, I actually found his bumbling humorous rather than enraging. Even when they were bad, at least they were entertaining (although to fans of more long-suffering teams, I'd imagine that sentiment is not the same).

Thankfully, Favre hadn't entered full-on ****** mode when he was in NY, so I merely didn't care about them when he was on the team, rather than actively rooting for them to lose, like the Vikings now.

I'm a football fan period. I enjoy watching all games.

Ditto. But living in the Washington, DC area, I've absolutely despised the Redskins for the 25+ years I've lived here. Had a grudging respect for them when Gibbs was here, but have loathed them since Daniel Snyder bought the team. I like how just up I-95, Baltimore has been run compentantly and have been contenders while the Danny Boy has been throwing money at free agent after free agent. I guess he finally came to his senses when he hired Shanahan and Bruce Allen earlier this year.

My second favorite would have to be the Packers. I like the way they represnt their fans. Hell, the fans own part of the team. So you know moving them to another city is out of the question.

On a side note...I used to be a Browns hater just because I am Steelers fan. I no longer hate the Browns because they are not really the Browns. I hate the Ravens because to me, they are the real Browns and I see them as making a cowardly attempt to hide from the Steelers by changing their team name and colors.:)

Been a Bucs fan for 30 years so they are #1

I have lived in Seattle for 12 years so they are #2.

This just made me realize something.

I say that the Packers are my second favorite team...but if something happened to make me abandon the Steelers...I would change to the local team...in this case...The Chargers.

So the Packers are stuck as a permanent 2nd favorite.

No offense, but you have terrible taste. I can see the hometown thing, but the Browns? :horror

Why? Should i be a trendy bandwagon hopper? Should i like the Cowboys or the Steelers just cause. Sorry not me!

(on a side note i have never rooted for a whole team to lose cause of just one player. If that was the case i would never root for Philly again for hiring Vick.) I never rooted against the Team's that had D. Sanders on it even though i can't stand the guy. There's plenty of D-bags on every team, you just don't hear about it.

Packers would probably be my 2nd fave team but i just can't get over the hate :) (rivalry goes too deep around here)

Last edited:
Yeah but when I hear "bandwagon", I think a team that's currently hot that is attracting a lot of new fans due to their success.

The Cowboys are pretty much the opposite of that. They suck.

Back