1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I would even add Moff Gideon to that list. He's a nothing character in my opinion, plus he's dressed like a Klingon in a cape. No, I don't hate the show, yes I think Esposito is a good actor, but I just don't care about this character or him in this role. Both Werner Herzog in season 1 and Richard Brake as the Imperial in the last episode each had more actual menace than Esposito as Gideon.

They tried to add some menace to Gideon in S1 when the troopers were talking about him killing some of his own guys for basically nothing, but wasn't really seen on screen.

Both Werner Herzog in season 1 and Richard Brake as the Imperial in the last episode each had more actual menace than Esposito as Gideon.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Or as Herzog would say: Don't you agree?

I would like a Herzog figure but his outfit wasn't great and I can't even remember if he died or ran away. At least Gideon has that TIE fighter fight sequence. Beyond that, like Fett in ESB, I'm waiting for the promise that he will impress me.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Or as Herzog would say: Don't you agree?

I would like a Herzog figure but his outfit wasn't great and I can't even remember if he died or ran away. At least Gideon has that TIE fighter fight sequence. Beyond that, like Fett in ESB, I'm waiting for the promise that he will impress me.

Esposito is a killer actor, but his mouth?s full of scenery in The Mando Show.

Nothing about Gideon comes across as anything but forced. Vader, Tarkin, Krennic...even Kylo Ren or Hux (their TFA versions) came across as more menacing.

It?s this weird flatness some of the Mando characters have.

(I really enjoy this show, but it smells Filoni sometimes, I dunno.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herzog's character was killed when Gideon's troop's attacked the bar. His outfit looked more like the older generation of German Officers during WW2 who still seemed to dress slightly more Prussian than the more sleek modern officers of the Third Reich. The big Imperial medal helps in this respect.

As for Boba's promise, at least he was the best dressed hired thug out there. Gideon is the "big-bad" and not even half as cool looking.

Esposito is a killer actor, but his mouth?s full of scenery in The Mando Show.

Nothing about Gideon comes across as anything but forced. Vader, Tarkin, Krennic...even Kylo Ren or Hux (their TFA versions) came across as more menacing.

It?s this weird flatness some of the Mando characters have.

(I really enjoy this show, but it smells Filoni sometimes, I dunno.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more.

Well I guess we all see things differently. Gideon comes across pretty damn evil and menacing to me. He did torment and shackle a baby lol.

Well I guess we all see things differently. Gideon comes across pretty damn evil and menacing to me. He did torment and shackle a baby lol.

Fair enough, but I've been waiting for him to twirl his moustache and tie someone to space train tracks.

:lol

I wish he was that evil. I don't mind a little moustache twirling. My problem with him is he seems rather lifeless. No pizzazz. With that flashy suit and red cape you know he must have some swagger, but I have not seen it. Hoping that will all change on the last episode this Friday.

Haha, I would even add Moff Gideon to that list. He's a nothing character in my opinion, plus he's dressed like a Klingon in a cape. No, I don't hate the show, yes I think Esposito is a good actor, but I just don't care about this character or him in this role. Both Werner Herzog in season 1 and Richard Brake as the Imperial in the last episode each had more actual menace than Esposito as Gideon.

I'll just throw this out there: I honestly think Richard Brake should be playing the big bad in Mandoville.

The first time I ever saw him was in Rob Zombie's "31." The mere sight of Brake induces a skin-crawling hatred in me - *WHICH IS THE MARK OF A GOOD VILLAIN!* - and when I saw him in Mandoville I was like Who is that?! I have heard this voice before! Took me a minute to place him as Doomhead.

Esposito is a competent actor, but he does not even make me slightly nervous. Perhaps Disney does not want to scare the little ones, fair enough. But even Peter Cushing as Tarkin brought a cold-bloodedness to his role. He was not physically scary, but you could imagine him doing literally ANYthing. I dont get that yet from Esposito.

But this guy down here is.... frickin' terrifying nightmare material. I can just imagine him in a Moff's uniform. They should have given him the top slot. He was scarier in his five minutes as Hess than Esposito has been for the whole series run.

913brakedoom31.jpg

My speculation we'd be seeing the onslaughts of Troopers (Mortar trooper, clean Storm trooper with E-web, captain Stom trooper with orange pauldron, Tank trooper, Shore trooper, Gunner, even TIE pilot) for the next couple of months before more vital characters being made (Ahsoka, Bo Katan, new Boba Fett, etc....)

I'll just throw this out there: I honestly think Richard Brake should be playing the big bad in Mandoville.

The first time I ever saw him was in Rob Zombie's "31." The mere sight of Brake induces a skin-crawling hatred in me - *WHICH IS THE MARK OF A GOOD VILLAIN!* - and when I saw him in Mandoville I was like Who is that?! I have heard this voice before! Took me a minute to place him as Doomhead.

Esposito is a competent actor, but he does not even make me slightly nervous. Perhaps Disney does not want to scare the little ones, fair enough. But even Peter Cushing as Tarkin brought a cold-bloodedness to his role. He was not physically scary, but you could imagine him doing literally ANYthing. I dont get that yet from Esposito.

But this guy down here is.... frickin' terrifying nightmare material. I can just imagine him in a Moff's uniform. They should have given him the top slot. He was scarier in his five minutes as Hess than Esposito has been for the whole series run.

View attachment 501459

I met him last year, top guy. Signed my Mcfarlane Night King figure.

:lol

I wish he was that evil. I don't mind a little moustache twirling. My problem with him is he seems rather lifeless. No pizzazz. With that flashy suit and red cape you know he must have some swagger, but I have not seen it. Hoping that will all change on the last episode this Friday.

Giancarlo Esposito is too good an actor to take a role with a lifeless character with minimal screen time. He was good in the first season's finale. I'm sure they've been using seasons 1 and 2 to world build and introduce new characters to actually let things develop. You need more of that with heroes and less with villains. I'd imagine Gideon will be a lot more prominent in season 3.

My guess is they try to rescue Grogu in the last episode and fail, while the Jedi that connected with Grogu reveals himself afterwards (hoping Kyle Katarn becomes canon again, but expecting Cal Kestis to show up. Anyone but Luke) to build hype for season 3, where he'll train Mando to use the Beskar spear to fight Gideon with while joining Mando, Fett, Fennec, Cara Dune and Bo-Katan to fight Gideon. Which would lead to a much bigger role for the Imperial officer as things ramp up.

I am looking forward to an epic fight between Mando and Gideon in Friday's last episode.

I will be disappointed if Gideon just gets another phone call that "we've captured the Mandalorian" and he marches off, fade to black. :lol

I am looking forward to an epic fight between Mando and Gideon in Friday's last episode.

I will be disappointed if Gideon just gets another phone call that "we've captured the Mandalorian" and he marches off, fade to black. :lol

Agreed. I think they're going to end strong. Will also be very disappointed if there isn't a big showdown. I don't think it'll be "the" showdown for sometime, but they need to start turning the gears on Gideon.

Agreed. I think they're going to end strong. Will also be very disappointed if there isn't a big showdown. I don't think it'll be "the" showdown for sometime, but they need to start turning the gears on Gideon.

A Mando vs. Gideon, beskar staff vs. Darksaber duel seems inevitable, but I'm guessing that will be saved for "the" showdown later in the series. I could see Gideon escaping with Grogu at the end of their rescue attempt, and in doing so he shows he is actually a skilled wielder of the saber. Something like Mando tries to shoot him point blank and he casually deflects his blaster fire before boarding a shuttle and zooming away.

A Mando vs. Gideon, beskar staff vs. Darksaber duel seems inevitable, but I'm guessing that will be saved for "the" showdown later in the series. I could see Gideon escaping with Grogu at the end of their rescue attempt, and in doing so he shows he is actually a skilled wielder of the saber. Something like Mando tries to shoot him point blank and he casually deflects his blaster fire before boarding a shuttle and zooming away.

Yeah, I could see something like that. Something that would trigger Mando to 1) keep searching and 2) rally even more into the posse. Like all the Mandalorian he can come across.

Back