1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday week is the exact 25th anniversary of Episode 1.

Next week! Padawan Obi-Wan and Artisan Qui-Gon!
It’s hot toys, so we should expect iron falcon, spider hulk, bat-mandalorian. All I really want is padawan obi. Anything else would be extra. Also, count on the B1 and stap. Possibly other b1 figures too like 00m9.

I can't really see Jar Jar coming because Hot Toys has never done aliens that require a face from this universe. Sure, we're getting Hera and we got Ahsoka and Maul but they're humanoid with human faces.

They've never done an Admiral Ackbar or Admiral Raddus, no Greedo, no Plo Koon, no Bossk, no Zeb (despite appearing in Mando). Sure, they did Chewie but it was terrible and they haven't tried again in going on a decade now. Sure, they did Jawas, but there was no face for them to do.

The Tusken Raider is the one exception to some type of alien race getting a figure. So it'd be pretty out of left field for Hot Toys to suddenly come out with a Gungan.

I can't really see Jar Jar coming because Hot Toys has never done aliens that require a face from this universe. Sure, we're getting Hera and we got Ahsoka and Maul but they're humanoid with human faces.

They've never done an Admiral Ackbar or Admiral Raddus, no Greedo, no Plo Koon, no Bossk, no Zeb (despite appearing in Mando). Sure, they did Chewie but it was terrible and they haven't tried again in going on a decade now. Sure, they did Jawas, but there was no face for them to do.

The Tusken Raider is the one exception to some type of alien race getting a figure. So it'd be pretty out of left field for Hot Toys to suddenly come out with a Gungan.
Well they did do the Dewback, Blurg, Kuiil and Yoda too maybe counts??
I wouldn't rule it out but I agree that its unlikely

I was just trying to will it into existence :rotfl

I hope this is where they finally step out of that comfort zone, so we can get an Ackbar. It has to happen eventually.
Ackbar is long overdue. And I'd absolutely love Admiral Raddus to go with him. The OT doesn't happen if Admiral Raddus doesn't make the decision to circumvent Rebel leadership and go fight. Would love those two together on my Rebellion shelf.

Well they did do the Dewback, Blurg, Kuiil and Yoda too maybe counts??
I wouldn't rule it out but I agree that its unlikely

I was just trying to will it into existence :rotfl
I meant to mention Yoda in my post, but now that you mention Kuiil (who I forgot about the figure of), that reminds me of Wicket coming out as well. What do they have in common - all small sized figures. Interesting they've only picked the tiny aliens. Dewback and Blurg I wouldn't really count since they're more accessories than actual figures.

Trust me, I'm not hating on your desire for Jar Jar. Although I don't care for the character like some do, the hatred was always way overboard, and after having met Ahmed Best, I'll never root against Jar Jar or Jar Jar fans.

It would definitely be nice to see Hot Toys try something new. Ackbar, Raddus, Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals, whatever. I would just appreciate an attempt at some aliens. They're the fun of Star Wars world building.

If HT future is in Artisan then I’m out of their cock and bull games. I’d rather spend my money on one Inart figure a year (lol) than Artisan SW where they are still cutting corners no matter how pretty they are.

I second that

When it first showed up, I thought "Artisan" was going to be the evolution of the DX figure, where it was a showcase figure, one-off, special edition type thing. But now it's apparent with things like God Loki, they're just going to offer everything with an Artisan version, which cheapens the whole thing, oddly enough.

The mystique around 'real hair' is going to fade quickly at this rate.

Ackbar is long overdue. And I'd absolutely love Admiral Raddus to go with him. The OT doesn't happen if Admiral Raddus doesn't make the decision to circumvent Rebel leadership and go fight. Would love those two together on my Rebellion shelf.

Ackbar and Nien Nunb are my two most wanted characters.

When it first showed up, I thought "Artisan" was going to be the evolution of the DX figure, where it was a showcase figure, one-off, special edition type thing. But now it's apparent with things like God Loki, they're just going to offer everything with an Artisan version, which cheapens the whole thing, oddly enough.

The mystique around 'real hair' is going to fade quickly at this rate.
Funny how InArt will still be king of the hairy hill. Everything is superior with their releases, comparing HT to IA Batsie is like apples to oranges. They’re in different leauges. If you can reuse an old mould or design, that’s what HT will do even for Artisan. Super strange and sad simultaneously.

The thing is, I'd be willing to bet that the reason they dont make these other aliens is because of the lack of re-toolability. They're not going to make jar-jar because that is a ONE USE SCULPT. Almost all of these aliens are one-use sculpts. Its not cost effective for them. We got Kuil only because of the mad popularity of "Mandalorian" at the time.

We can't even get Twi'leks. Not a one. A female Twi'lek sculpt could have a lot of re-uses, and has a human face. NOPE.

The thing is, I'd be willing to bet that the reason they dont make these other aliens is because of the lack of re-toolability. They're not going to make jar-jar because that is a ONE USE SCULPT. Almost all of these aliens are one-use sculpts. Its not cost effective for them. We got Kuil only because of the mad popularity of "Mandalorian" at the time.

We can't even get Twi'leks. Not a one. A female Twi'lek sculpt could have a lot of re-uses, and has a human face. NOPE.
It’s interesting that they didn’t make more Ewoks. Endor Han could have been a 2-pack with Chief Chirpa.

Back