1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving forward my main "wants" from Hot Toys Star Wars are Bespin Han, Endor Han, (possibly each in two pack with a new Chewie), General Lando, Luke X-Wing pilot, new Bespin Luke and OT C3-PO. I may pick up the Mando Luke Skywalker and will likely pick up the Ahsoka Tano. Those will be the only non OT figures in my collection. IF they ever started doing prequel Jedi such as Mace Windu, Kit Fisto and Aaayla Secura then I would find those very hard to resist!

Many of the new figures which are coming look really great and I enjoyed the shows they come from but I feel no real connection with them like I do the OT etc. I feel a very limited connection with the prequel era, very limited but did always like the Jedi.

...There comes a time when, even if you can afford things, it just doesn't feel right paying the price asked. Especially so for brand new characters, because Disney can keep creating those every day. I talked myself into buying Cobb Vanth before he was up for pre-order, but I think I've pretty much talked myself out him now...

Exactly my feelings.

Exactly my feelings.

A lot of these licensed figures are also so barebones that they virtually go from box to shelf in a few moments.

They can look good, but don't carry a lot of meaning with them.

Unlicensed historical/military figures on the other hand are a lot more fun. There's all the research before they arrive to check accuracy, and then the setting up where you get up close and personal with the parts, comparing them to photographs and learning even more about them.

While the prices for them are also on the rise, as with everything else, I'm finding the bang for buck and long term satisfaction more appealing than Hot Toys' Star Wars.

Hot Toys has really got to tempt me with some classic characters like General Veers or the Death Star Trooper.

It would be great to see more OT characters. But Asta is right. As Disney puts out more of these shows, they will get the HT treatment and then move to what is next, with very little room for our preferred OT characters to fit into those tight release windows.

Fortunately for me, I'm a Fett fan. However, I drew the line at ROTJ. Yes he was cool in the Mandolorian but I can't justify the new figures when there just isn't much there from my viewpoint.

I have decided to let a few Clone Wars figures sneak in. Mainly just troopers, but after Jesse, it looks particularly slim right now. Hoping that changes, but with Andor and now these teases of the Inquisitors, there's so little space who knows when or if I'll ever get more.

That being said, I need to get my ROTJ Speeder bike set. Definitely an OT classic!

I enjoy Mando as much as the next fan, but HT went way overboard with that series. The grenade trooper, flame trooper, 14 different baby Yodas, 27 different versions of Mando for each way his armor gleams off of the set lighting.

Glad we got Bo, but the other two have no other purpose (yet). They could have slipped in a couple of OTers right there while riding that wave. :dunno

I enjoy Mando as much as the next fan, but HT went way overboard with that series. The grenade trooper, flame trooper, 14 different baby Yodas, 27 different versions of Mando for each way his armor gleams off of the set lighting.

Glad we got Bo, but the other two have no other purpose (yet). They could have slipped in a couple of OTers right there while riding that wave. :dunno

Or slipped in Mace...Padme...Fives..Veers...Piett...Mace again.

Mace a third time.

I am wondering if the holdup with Windu and Padme is not actor likenesses, a la OT Solo figures, rather than unwillingness from HT. It would explain a lot.

or Wolffe!

Innate laziness makes me want HT to give him to us, so I wont have to go to the trouble of building him. Its looking like we're gonna have to make our own tho. 💪

or Wolffe!

Yes please, the SS one is nice but is aging just a bit, like their Fives and Echo, who can barely be posed.

I think they'll get to all of them sooner or later, the clones are money makers, but they don't want to oversaturate the market too much.

I think when Jesse and Vaughn are available, we'll get our next set of "named" clones.

I think they'll get to all of them sooner or later, the clones are money makers, but they don't want to oversaturate the market too much.

I think when Jesse and Vaughn are available, we'll get our next set of "named" clones.
I sure hope so. I realize Disney is boss, but TCW is a freakin' 1/6 scale market gold mine.

I'm still holding out hope that AT-RT is more than a prototype. With the speeder bikes and BARC speeder, I can see this coming eventually.

Wheres Piett? Wheres Ozzel? Veers?
6v6cq8.jpg

Yes please, the SS one is nice but is aging just a bit, like their Fives and Echo, who can barely be posed.

And they can make with Vaughn, already! He's 90% 501st Battalion as it is, its not like they dont already have all of his parts already. Release him and let us move on to the next.

And they can make with Vaughn, already! He's 90% 501st Battalion as it is, its not like they dont already have all of his parts already. Release him and let us move on to the next.
I see Vaughn hanging around for a bit. Jesse looks fantastic, but apart from his bucket, Vaughn is very basic for the price.

I sure hope so. I realize Disney is boss, but TCW is a freakin' 1/6 scale market gold mine.

I'm still holding out hope that AT-RT is more than a prototype. With the speeder bikes and BARC speeder, I can see this coming eventually.

I've been waiting for the morning I wake up for that AT-RT going up, I have about $250 in rewards just waiting to be used. I put Appo and the BARC on a payment plan assuming that the AT-RT would be more expensive.

Passing on the BARC Speeder with the Sidecar for now, think we'll be able to get that for 25% off and free shipping sooner or later.

Moving forward my main "wants" from Hot Toys Star Wars are Bespin Han, Endor Han, (possibly each in two pack with a new Chewie), General Lando, Luke X-Wing pilot, new Bespin Luke and OT C3-PO. I may pick up the Mando Luke Skywalker and will likely pick up the Ahsoka Tano. Those will be the only non OT figures in my collection. IF they ever started doing prequel Jedi such as Mace Windu, Kit Fisto and Aaayla Secura then I would find those very hard to resist!

Many of the new figures which are coming look really great and I enjoyed the shows they come from but I feel no real connection with them like I do the OT etc. I feel a very limited connection with the prequel era, very limited but did always like the Jedi.
I'm somewhat with you on that. I just want the Empire Strikes Back versions, aside from (Besker Mando, Luke Mando, Boba Fett Throne and Fennec Shand).

Back