1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There comes a time when, even if you can afford things, it just doesn't feel right paying the price asked. Especially so for brand new characters, because Disney can keep creating those every day. I talked myself into buying Cobb Vanth before he was up for pre-order, but I think I've pretty much talked myself out him now.

I might wait for the 2.0 version with the cybernetic arm with push button quick draw action and no Fett armour. :lol
Well put Asta, at least for me. I was getting caught up in the hype of BOBF and had originally pre-ordered the deluxe two pack. After watching the series in it's entirety, I canceled my order. No regrets, even though it has one of the best face sculpts this year.
A lot of these licensed figures are also so barebones that they virtually go from box to shelf in a few moments.

They can look good, but don't carry a lot of meaning with them.

Unlicensed historical/military figures on the other hand are a lot more fun. There's all the research before they arrive to check accuracy, and then the setting up where you get up close and personal with the parts, comparing them to photographs and learning even more about them.

While the prices for them are also on the rise, as with everything else, I'm finding the bang for buck and long term satisfaction more appealing than Hot Toys' Star Wars.

Hot Toys has really got to tempt me with some classic characters like General Veers or the Death Star Trooper.
Exactly my feelings as well FlyAndFlight.

In fact, there are a few key characters left from OT and PT.

Hot Toys can give them priority and return to less vital characters later. But it's Hot Toys.

I see Vaughn hanging around for a bit. Jesse looks fantastic, but apart from his bucket, Vaughn is very basic for the price.

Vaughn will do just like 501st did: hang around for a while, then SSC will discount him and GONE. Base price is $250 which is very average these days.

I am just hoping they add the missing red stripe on his faceplate.

Jesse is going to be dazzlingly gorgeous. Just wait.

In fact, there are a few key characters left from OT and PT.

Hot Toys can give them priority and return to less vital characters later. But it's Hot Toys.

But again I say: why not both vintage and new?

We can have 15 Spider-Men at once, but only one SW figure at a time? HT has a really byzantine rulebook, it seems.

Edit: Good my god, I am already tired of hearing about Black Adam and the figure has been out for 5 hours [or so it seems]. Smart money says they're going to want $350 for that. I have not went to look, but I bet his pricing is in that wheelhouse. The $64,000 question: is the collector base really going to pay these prices all the time?

Last edited:
I don't get your joke unfortunately. Is it because your "point" of them apparently making a lot of imperial officers didn't stand up to criticism? Please, don't hurt YOURSELF. God, such unnecessary D-bagness here
Dude has absolutely zero sense of humor and seemingly always agitated by mild jests :banana

So it looks like hasbro is doing a new line of Indy toys, based off of the original ones. I wonder if that means ford is allowing his likeness again or if it’s just for hasbro? Honestly, I don’t think I would be excited anymore. The Han figures should have been out years ago. Now he will be $300 plus! I’ll still get them because I’m an idiot and need an intervention, but the lack of Han figures is beyond ridiculous.

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Hot Toys releases a new Indiana Jones figure for the upcoming Indy 5 movie before we get another Han Solo release.

Well, going by the other Star Wars actors who have other roles which Hot Toys has made/placed a greater emphasis on, it will be no surprise when the Indy figure comes first.

I will say, I’m excited to see another Indiana Jones 1/6th from Hot Toys if it truly does happen. Could be an awesome figure.

Last edited:
Well, going by the other Star Wars actors who have other roles which Hot Toys has made/placed a greater emphasis on, it will be no surprise when the Indy figure comes first.

I will say, I’m excited to see an Indiana Jones 1/6th from Hot Toys if it truly does happen. Could be an awesome figure.

The dx05 is extremely dated so definitely another indy is welcome. Though I'd prefer another take on Raiders version rather than one from the newest film personally.

I’m sure if we get an Indy, it will be old Indy to promote the probably horrible movie. We can’t count on hot toys.

With NYCC opening on Thursday, are we looking at another busy week with Hot Toys reveals/PO or back to a more quiet week?

With NYCC opening on Thursday, are we looking at another busy week with Hot Toys reveals/PO or back to a more quiet week?
Sideshow Con are apparently doing 'booth tours' from the 6th-9th, so that's probably where some interesting reveals could take place. However I'm not expecting much considering the very limited showing at Sideshow's SDCC booth. Based on the Summer Showcase event compared to that SDCC showing, I think Hot Toys are keeping their bigger reveals for themselves rather than sending them over to Sideshow. Hope I'm wrong and we see all the mythical AOTC Wave 2 figures we all want, but I'd be pretty surprised.

Last edited:
Sideshow Con are apparently doing 'booth tours' from the 6th-9th, so that's probably where some interesting reveals could take place. However I'm not expecting much considering the very limited showing at Sideshow's SDCC booth. Based on the Summer Showcase event compared to that SDCC showing, I think Hot Toys are keeping their bigger reveals for themselves rather than sending them over to Sideshow. Hope I'm wrong and we see all the mythical AOTC Wave 2 figures we all want, but I'd be pretty surprised.

Not expecting anything new to be revealed either at NYCC. At best, on the Star Wars front, the 4th Sister and 5th Brother could be on display along the bad Batch members left to go up for PO. Black Adam will also likely be displayed. Other than that, i keep my expectations low.

I refuse to go see the new Indy movie. I’ll have to be at gunpoint to watch it ever.
Agreed. Crystal Skull was Phantom Menace levels of disappointment for me. My blu-ray Indy box set has only 3 Indy movies and a weird looking coaster.🙃
I don’t think I could take another hit to my soul.

Back