1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<writes a larger dollar amount on napkin> I can do that too! :) Seriously though, you should look into the community that builds this stuff. You could easily find a poseable mannequin that this would work on. Challenge would be the tallest I've seen is 6'2" You might be able to do him on a 12 inch platform and it would be passable.

I might be down to build my own Vader in the years to come with the help of some folks like you who are much more qualified for the job than I am. Sometime in the near future I might be interested in a life size prop of Fett's ROTJ EE-3 blaster to hang on the wall, perhaps you could assist me with that? I'm not ready to move on it now, but I think I will want one once I get my collection in order.

None of this happened without a picture. Come on, I want to see a Kenner style Death Squad Commander!

:lol

101_2630.jpg

Or any OT figures. BOBF and Kenobi have killed any desire to collect any new Disney Star Wars figures post Mandalorian season 2. So once HT finally finishes up what remains of the current Mandalorian preorders it's back to almost exclusive OT collecting for me, which probably means semi retirement from 1/6 collecting. I'm fine with that. But anytime HT wants to start cranking out OT figures again my money will be waiting.

I would like to think if enough people stopped buying that HT would return to more OT figures but unfortunately more than likely they would just take it as a lack of interest in Star Wars figures in general. I do suspect that Lucasfilm plays a role in nerfing how many OT figures we get as it's well documented how much they hate the OT.
I was going to include ot figures, but I give up. We will get one or two a year if we are lucky. I don’t even expect them or look forward anymore. You are 100% correct that Disney has to be pushing the tv show figures and that business model has destroyed ot and pt figures from hot toys. I’m slowing down big time. I’m still cloned out from the ss clones years ago, so I will only get a select few. Little by little I’m talking myself out of figures that I was 100% in on a few months ago. I skipped almost all of the mandalorian figures and the only ones intend to get are Kuiil and mandalorian Luke. Those tv shows saved me a ton. Zero interest in any of the figures.

Why can we not have a Boba repaint AND Padme, this is not a zero-sum equation.

But, I am not sure how realistic it is to expect a company such as HT to mostly focus on 70s-80s era stuff as opposed to the new. No other collectible company does that, that I'm aware of.

I am currently busy with creating two customs of characters that I know HT will never touch in 100,000 years. Instead of shouting into the wind, i'm taking action. Perhaps I will fail, but at least I will have tried.

Padme's white costume does not look hard to make. So there's that, for those that want her.

But, I am not sure how realistic it is to expect a company such as HT to mostly focus on 70s-80s era stuff as opposed to the new. No other collectible company does that, that I'm aware of.

We live in rather strange times. The old films are great and still almost universally loved while most of the new content absolutely sucks because Lucasfilm hates the old characters and has telling a good story about 50th on their list of priorities after checking about 49 other ridiculous boxes first. Taika Waititi was recently informed by Padme herself that she was already in a Star Wars film when asked to be in his movie. These are the people in charge of Star Wars now and they don't give a damn about the franchise, they only want to use it's popularity to further their idiotic agendas.

Also kids don't give a damn about toys because they have TicTok, while adults still buy them because they grew up with them. So logically it would make sense to give the paying customers what they want.

I might be down to build my own Vader in the years to come with the help of some folks like you who are much more qualified for the job than I am. Sometime in the near future I might be interested in a life size prop of Fett's ROTJ EE-3 blaster to hang on the wall, perhaps you could assist me with that? I'm not ready to move on it now, but I think I will want one once I get my collection in order.
I've painted a couple of those. There are some great 3D prints out there that you can get at a decent price. I'd for sure do a paint up for you (writes much smaller dollar amount on napkin). ;)

God as my witness, that's a Space 1999 era Martin Landeau head sculpt...which make that the absolute greated Death Squad Commander ever.

It's actually supposed to be Clint Eastwood. :lol

The sculpt is from DAM's U-2 Dragon Lady pilot:

099544d3342e249556cd00a5805782b8--pilots-action-figures.jpg

I thought it'd work as it had a 1970s look to it.

All three of my DAM pressure suit guys ended up as Imperials. Donald Sutherland became Yularen, and Tommy Lee Jones ended up wearing Praji's uniform.

50169093346_c14f9209df_o.jpg

It's actually supposed to be Clint Eastwood. :lol

The sculpt is from DAM's U-2 Dragon Lady pilot:

View attachment 588938

I thought it'd work as it had a 1970s look to it.

All three of my DAM pressure suit guys ended up as Imperials. Donald Sutherland became Yularen, and Tommy Lee Jones ended up wearing Praji's uniform.

50169093346_c14f9209df_o.jpg
I see Tommy Lee Jones, but you were sold a Ron Glass Book Firefly figure instead of Donald Sutherland! :rotfl

We live in rather strange times. The old films are great and still almost universally loved while most of the new content absolutely sucks because Lucasfilm hates the old characters and has telling a good story about 50th on their list of priorities after checking about 49 other ridiculous boxes first. Taika Waititi was recently informed by Padme herself that she was already in a Star Wars film when asked to be in his movie. These are the people in charge of Star Wars now and they don't give a damn about the franchise, they only want to use it's popularity to further their idiotic agendas.

Also kids don't give a damn about toys because they have TicTok, while adults still buy them because they grew up with them. So logically it would make sense to give the paying customers what they want.
Also, kids can’t even find toys. My son would love new figures, but target just has 100 landos. Yes, we can order them online, but it’s not the same.

Why can we not have a Boba repaint AND Padme, this is not a zero-sum equation.

I am currently busy with creating two customs of characters that I know HT will never touch in 100,000 years. Instead of shouting into the wind, i'm taking action. Perhaps I will fail, but at least I will have tried.

Padme's white costume does not look hard to make. So there's that, for those that want her.
There's many factors into that and information we'll never have access to, sadly. What sells best, what Disney wants prioritized, and etc.

It is quite interesting how different figure companies handle releases. Some release what's currently trending, what's popular within that fan base, or what that company thinks will sell.

ciu-ciu.jpg

Back