1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird that SS Con this year is way much earlier than expected, even earlier than Summer Show Case in HongKong.

I will burn HT HQ to the ground if they released an alien like that before making Greedo or Bossk or Ackbar. (figuratively, not literally)

OCc61DA.gif

I myself don't buy filthy Xeno scum. Terra Strong, not Xenos Galore, ok?

40th%2Banniversary%2Bspecial%2Bpin-up.jpg

40K-Tier kidding aside, I've never felt the need to buy any aliens because for me the main selling point are the headsculpts. I'm paying the ever increasing prices for realistic sculpts. Owning a Space Prawn or a Space SquidBear or whatever else defeats the point of the hobby for me. So I'd much rather see them get around to doing the humans first, considering the gaps we have, rather than getting into D-List aliens.

I NEED a Thrawn though. I hope he's well cast and designed for the Ahsoka series, as he's the only figure I'd want from there. I'd even buy a deluxemegagigawhatever edition. Now I just need them to make Mara canon...

Sideshow Con starts this week, yes? So it's possible we could finally get to see something new leading up to SDCC...which is sorely needed. This line needs some excitement.

Sideshow Con will be a shower of disappointments. Get ready for a bunch of original artistic renditions of characters nobody asked for, and a flush of stuff not even made by sideshow but distributed

At this point I'm actually not even expecting anything SW-wise. Mara & Galen aren't canon, so there go my hopes for new characters. All my major wants (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Chancelor Palpatine, Padme, a Dooku re-issue) could possibly only happen during ROTS' 20th in 2025. Even if AOTC Padme gets unveiled, I'm not interested. I want her in her Senatorial outfit, not some random spandex look. Beyond that all my big TOR wants have very few chances of being made canon and then turned into figures. Which leaves me with... waiting for the perfect Vader, I guess? We'll get the Kenobi version, then the ROTJ one, later possibly a ROTS one, and who knows if he'll get his own subpar D+ show. I guess we could see an Emperor re-issue next year, and maybe a Tarkin appearing as a CGI puppet in Andor? There's always Thrawn to look forward to...

So yeah, I'm expecting nothing during this SDCC but I also really don't "want" anything (at least anything that could be potentially revealed now) so at least I won't be disappointed. I bet all the new Clones will be thrilling...

HT just did a massive Cosbaby dump on the social media. The rest of the summer showcase 1/6 reveals have to come this week. Given the setup of their display, I think it will be heavily focused on Thor.

Back