1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or this price.
Don't get me started on that. Honestly, ever since I got into the hobby again full-time, I find it harder and harder to justify these things. I look at pictures and I can't help noticing the neck joints, the places in the Spider-Man figures where the wrists cut off from the suit and make it look like they're wearing a shirt and gloves, the plastics that ruin the realism and so on. I get that they're still toys but the awestruck reactions I used to have when I saw them have waned. Is it growing older? Is it because no pop culture media grab me anymore and I'm just ticking off boxes from the past? I don't know. But they feel more and more like toys and not high-end collectibles every day. There are exceptions to the rule where something blows me away and I want it. But that period where I wanted to build displays for everything and yadda yadda yadda is gone. I took my SW wants from 40 to 30 to 20 to 10 and honestly, I think I'm due for another cut. I can't justify ~600€ for Maul just to fill up a display. For what reason? I'll never get Plagueis. I'll never get Bane and Revan. I won't get my favourites, but I'm buying Maul "just to have him"? It cheapens the characters I do love across all media. If I collected only SW I'd go deep, but as it stands I'm not feeling it. And if I'm feeling regret over my Kylo Ren now, imagine what'll happen when I've got a shelf full of Jedi and Sith and only maybe 5 are actual favourites.

I think prices have gotten out of hand, and we're in for some very tough times. My electricity bill came 1.5K€ for the last month. I spent 100€ this week on groceries and I didn't even go to the butcher. I used to think a 500€ console was a big deal, but I'm here spending half a grand on each plastic doll. No, seriously. I paid ~350€ for the 12th Doctor, and then there's going to be another 40€ for shipping and ~30% of that will be the tax. About the same goes for their Tommy from Peaky Foken Blindahs. The average HT costs me ~330€ and the prices are rising. It's surreal when I stop to think about what I'm doing sometimes.

I made about 10 POs/buys last year. Paid off one PO, cancelled another (and lost 100€). Bought two in-stock ones. And it's whatever, y'know? I was excited when I received my Godfather, flaws and all. I'm pumped for the InArt stuff. But all these MCU cut+paste designs, all the random inconsequential characters I'm adding just to add, they seem like a waste of money and space.

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I suppose it hit me because I always wanted a great Buzz, and seeing him now, "in the flesh" made me feel nothing in particular, so it kind of jerked me a bit. I spend years hunting for one in my neck of the woods, found nothing, and gave up. So this should theoretically be one of those cases where I'd go full-on Eric-Butts-Tier "muh childhood" and instead it's... eh.

I just want some goddamn KotOR dollies! I don't wanna spend half a grand on geriatric space Dracula or manlet devil with horns stuck with gum. I want Revan, and Malak and Nihilus and Bastilla and all those folks. What is even the point of collecting if you're not getting your favourites and you're just settling? We settle for everything in this life and now we've got to settle for our embarassing excuse for a hobby...

a7e8090c09cb1c46d48f9deec432d74c1101ca32.gifv

Don't get me started on that. Honestly, ever since I got into the hobby again full-time, I find it harder and harder to justify these things. I look at pictures and I can't help noticing the neck joints, the places in the Spider-Man figures where the wrists cut off from the suit and make it look like they're wearing a shirt and gloves, the plastics that ruin the realism and so on. I get that they're still toys but the awestruck reactions I used to have when I saw them have waned. Is it growing older? Is it because no pop culture media grab me anymore and I'm just ticking off boxes from the past? I don't know. But they feel more and more like toys and not high-end collectibles every day. There are exceptions to the rule where something blows me away and I want it. But that period where I wanted to build displays for everything and yadda yadda yadda is gone. I took my SW wants from 40 to 30 to 20 to 10 and honestly, I think I'm due for another cut. I can't justify ~600€ for Maul just to fill up a display. For what reason? I'll never get Plagueis. I'll never get Bane and Revan. I won't get my favourites, but I'm buying Maul "just to have him"? It cheapens the characters I do love across all media. If I collected only SW I'd go deep, but as it stands I'm not feeling it. And if I'm feeling regret over my Kylo Ren now, imagine what'll happen when I've got a shelf full of Jedi and Sith and only maybe 5 are actual favourites.

I think prices have gotten out of hand, and we're in for some very tough times. My electricity bill came 1.5K€ for the last month. I spent 100€ this week on groceries and I didn't even go to the butcher. I used to think a 500€ console was a big deal, but I'm here spending half a grand on each plastic doll. No, seriously. I paid ~350€ for the 12th Doctor, and then there's going to be another 40€ for shipping and ~30% of that will be the tax. About the same goes for their Tommy from Peaky Foken Blindahs. The average HT costs me ~330€ and the prices are rising. It's surreal when I stop to think about what I'm doing sometimes.

I made about 10 POs/buys last year. Paid off one PO, cancelled another (and lost 100€). Bought two in-stock ones. And it's whatever, y'know? I was excited when I received my Godfather, flaws and all. I'm pumped for the InArt stuff. But all these MCU cut+paste designs, all the random inconsequential characters I'm adding just to add, they seem like a waste of money and space.

Anyway, I'm rambling again. I suppose it hit me because I always wanted a great Buzz, and seeing him now, "in the flesh" made me feel nothing in particular, so it kind of jerked me a bit. I spend years hunting for one in my neck of the woods, found nothing, and gave up. So this should theoretically be one of those cases where I'd go full-on Eric-Butts-Tier "muh childhood" and instead it's... eh.

I just want some goddamn KotOR dollies! I don't wanna spend half a grand on geriatric space Dracula or manlet devil with horns stuck with gum. I want Revan, and Malak and Nihilus and Bastilla and all those folks. What is even the point of collecting if you're not getting your favourites and you're just settling? We settle for everything in this life and now we've got to settle for our embarassing excuse for a hobby...

a7e8090c09cb1c46d48f9deec432d74c1101ca32.gifv
I believe a lot feel the same as you. I've whittled down to a few key pieces, but was never into "team building" or "universe building" or what have you.

So...

Cad Bane or Darth Vader tonight?
Cad Bane. I doubt they'll reveal anything from Kenobi until a few weeks after it's over.
Mace Windu gets teased almost 2 months ago - Nothing
Cad Bane gets teased 1 week ago - Nothing
Buzz Lightyear gets teased 1 day ago - Instantly put up for PO
Mace and Cad Bane will be just as popular in a few weeks/months as they are now. Lightyear was smart to get out immediately. It was a good movie but the hype will die down.

Did anyone else notice SS updated their “coming soon” page by bumping Paz Vizsla v2 and Wrecker up to the top?
That kind of move actually meant something recently. We might see an announcement.

Edit: I think they were kind of high up already because they were seen quite recently.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice SS updated their “coming soon” page by bumping Paz Vizsla v2 and Wrecker up to the top?
Everyone waiting for mace and cad bane when the next figure will probably be a reissue of the heavy mandalorian. Hot toys rules.

They've always been at the top due to Celebration, they just look a bit higher due to a few pieces on that page (art prints) going up for order instead of staying on "coming soon."

Last edited:
I believe a lot feel the same as you. I've whittled down to a few key pieces, but was never into "team building" or "universe building" or what have you.
When I first got into it I wanted just a "Best Of" type of collection. As time went on and I returned after a long hiatus, I started buying into the hype and wanted this and that, displays started looking really cool and I begun losing track of it all. Having made multiple POs and orders the last two years, with most pop culture leaving me dead cold and me looking back at previous collections with indifference, I'm cutting back on my wants. A character no longer has to be someone I just "like", and a display is not something I'm going to set up on a whim. At that, I begun looking at the costumes themselves. What looks cool on the page and might look okay in live action doesn't mean it'd make for a great 1/6th. If it's an oversized action figure, I pass. If there's no realistic HS, I pass. And so on. Just some rules I'm trying to follow, otherwise I'll end up with a random collection of figures I'm lukewarm towards, simply because I was waiting to set up X display but they never made Y and Z and so on.

I don't know, for me personally, unless I can get my absolute favourites, or at least am guaranteed that I'll be able to get them, I see no reason to go around buying my lesser wants first. It's just a backwards way of doing things. I'll never get Mara or Exar Kun, but I'll shell out the cash for a Qui-Gon just because, when I could easily direct them to another character I genuinely love? That's my sort of thinking now. One-off representations, and something like Star Wars will get a much smaller display than I intitially planned. I've said it before, but I was never obsessed with one or two things specifically, so I'm more inclined to grab the big players from various things rather than deep dive into one brand.

Anyway, one of my usual rants, albeit smaller this time. I suppose I'll not stop angsting until I get some KotOR dolls...

Yes, right through the Windu to Howard’s office.

Same window the TCW Obi-Wan, 212th Trooper, 212th Airborne, Sandtrooper Sergeant, Navy Trooper, SBD, assorted Astromech Droids, and various other figures got thrown into.

It’s a pretty big window because a 1/6 Millennium Falcon fit through it.

:rotfl

Gasp!

So, IF you were able to, would you want a 1/6 Millennium Falcon in your collection? 😮😮😮

Gasp!

So, IF you were able to, would you want a 1/6 Millennium Falcon in your collection? 😮😮😮

Only if I could also get a life size version so I can have somewhere to put it. :lol

You’d need a dedicated room for just the 1:6 Falcon. Which would be really cool but impractical.

“So we’re almost done getting your home insurance quote ready. If you don’t want me to go in the room down the hall, tell me what it’s for at least.”

“Falcon.”

“You keep a pet falcon in there? Is that legal?”

“No, Millennium Falcon.”

“I don’t think falcons can be old enough to be millennials.”

“It’s my one sixth Mille… never mind. It’s just a linen closet.”

Only if I could also get a life size version so I can have somewhere to put it. :lol

You’d need a dedicated room for just the 1:6 Falcon. Which would be really cool but impractical.

“So we’re almost done getting your home insurance quote ready. If you don’t want me to go in the room down the hall, tell me what it’s for at least.”

“Falcon.”

“You keep a pet falcon in there? Is that legal?”

“No, Millennium Falcon.”

“I don’t think falcons can be old enough to be millennials.”

“It’s my one sixth Mille… never mind. It’s just a linen closet.”

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

The Buzz figure doesn’t look much better than the $40 Toys R Us offering. Who is buying that?

I just want Reva figures from here on in. A Reva from episode 1 and one from episode 5 for starters.

Back