1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? What named ARC Troopers did they get rid of?

Theres still:
  • Rex
  • Bly
  • Fives
  • Echo
  • Jesse
  • Colt
  • Havoc
  • Hammer
  • Blitz
Poorly worded on my part, but basically what @sithlord13 said. The canon counterparts are too far removed from the ones I liked in the EU for me to make a purchase in good conscience. Rex has nothing on Alpha 17, and it'd be insulting to me to buy him as a stand-in.

baef5939d00bf612d4ef935f43ad7ec0258951ec.jpg

Add some differences to the design here and there, and it's too much of a deviation for me. And most of the rest are background filler with simplified designs.

39160508acfd58f64d7bbea92bd89d1d.jpg
arcalphagendy.jpg

It's just not the same. The new designs aren't bad, but they're missing that extra bit. It doesn't help that the figures are too short.

AniRex.png

I get the reason and everything, but the coolness factor isn't there anymore.

7e3f70c7af0c14a58efbccc48e17383a9acfe7c3.jpg
joshua-davies-cdfe3110-9910-4094-a1ac-781d964d93f1.jpg

I'm not into the Clones that much, so generally I just wanted an ARC-Styled Master Chief type like Alpha. Since he and his kind are no longer canon, I'd rather get a Senate Commando and stick him next to a Chancellor Palpatine.

It's purely personal. I could still give in a couple of years later and get a Canon ARC if he looks cool enough, but at the moment I'm hoping that they'll get to the Senate Commandos at some point. It's a really cool design in my opinion and coupled with a Palpatine you could use them to represent the Republic.

Poorly worded on my part, but basically what @sithlord13 said. The canon counterparts are too far removed from the ones I liked in the EU for me to make a purchase in good conscience. Rex has nothing on Alpha 17, and it'd be insulting to me to buy him as a stand-in.

Add some differences to the design here and there, and it's too much of a deviation for me. And most of the rest are background filler with simplified designs.

arcalphagendy.jpg

It's just not the same. The new designs aren't bad, but they're missing that extra bit. It doesn't help that the figures are too short.

AniRex.png

I'm not into the Clones that much, so generally I just wanted an ARC-Styled Master Chief type like Alpha. Since he and his kind are no longer canon, I'd rather get a Senate Commando and stick him next to a Chancellor Palpatine.

It's purely personal. I could still give in a couple of years later and get a Canon ARC if he looks cool enough, but at the moment I'm hoping that they'll get to the Senate Commandos at some point. It's a really cool design in my opinion and coupled with a Palpatine you could use them to represent the Republic.
Epic post is epic.

Filoni Zzzzz

Epic post is epic.

Filoni Zzzzz
On my end Filoni ended up doing more harm than good, but that's a controversial topic. Personally I got rid of TCW too from my Canon. I'm sticking with GendyWars as my CW. So Ahsoka got thrown out from my planned Jedi display alongside a lot of others. Now, considering Kyle and Mara will likely never be made either, beyond the PT ones I've got just Luke... Eh, he'll be fine. Maybe they'll add Mara to the Canon too someday, so that I'll be able to get her doll. Someday...

ba9e5ede86599e34d8ec8598a8115582.jpg

532350cc2102d2131dfa05060ec3d7da.gif

I have some hope that Jude Law's character from that nonsensical show they're working on will be a retooled Kyle, but it's just wishful thinking on my part. He'll most likely be some subpar OC. I just pray he's got a cool design and I'm not saddled with a boring figure.

I prefer the Phase 2 helmet anyway so the current ARC Troopers with Phase 2 helmets but still keeping the fin from the Phase 1 is like a perfect design to me, although it's weird that Jesse doesn't have it in Season 7.

Also the change in the ARC troopers was done whilst Lucas was still in charge, so can't just lay the blame entirely on Filoni.

On my end Filoni ended up doing more harm than good, but that's a controversial topic. Personally I got rid of TCW too from my Canon. I'm sticking with GendyWars as my CW. So Ahsoka got thrown out from my planned Jedi display alongside a lot of others. Now, considering Kyle and Mara will likely never be made either, beyond the PT ones I've got just Luke... Eh, he'll be fine. Maybe they'll add Mara to the Canon too someday, so that I'll be able to get her doll. Someday...

ba9e5ede86599e34d8ec8598a8115582.jpg

532350cc2102d2131dfa05060ec3d7da.gif

I have some hope that Jude Law's character from that nonsensical show they're working on will be a retooled Kyle, but it's just wishful thinking on my part. He'll most likely be some subpar OC. I just pray he's got a cool design and I'm not saddled with a boring figure.
I was only saying to someone the other day than overall I just wish Disney had left Star Wars alone.
mando rogue one and rebels were good and I know the old stuff wasn’t perfect but overall it’s my jam

and I miss Mara - even thou they gave her a rubbish end

Attachments

• 56241C69-3528-4405-9D71-5ED05033B1A8.jpeg
    56241C69-3528-4405-9D71-5ED05033B1A8.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 0

arcalphagendy.jpg

AniRex.png

joshua-davies-cdfe3110-9910-4094-a1ac-781d964d93f1.jpg

It’s your opinion, and I respect that. I fully understand, in fact. When the EU got binned, there was a lot of great Clone lore that was lost with it. ARC Troopers and Republic Commandos were especially hit hard, and I hated losing the connection to Mandalorian culture the Clones had.

I miss that part of the lore, and I was not happy about ARCs and Commandos being relegated to the background, but I’ve been able to move on. I liked the various Commandos the most along with ARCs like Fordo and Alpha, but I also really like Rex. That level of harshness towards him feels a bit unnecessary. He’s a phenomenally well realized character that has an incredible arc over a very long period of time.

Clones, Clone Wars, and The Clone Wars are very important to my spouse and I and Clones are a major focus of our collection. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars is amazing and I love the Dark Horse Clone Wars, but The Clone Wars did some amazing things, too. Nothing else added quite as much depth, humanity, and tragedy to the story of the Clones as The Clone Wars did. And even if I still mourn the loss of some things from the other media in canon, I am grateful for what TCW got right.

Also, I don’t think the Clone figures are too short in person. Anakin is a tad too tall, but the Clones do not look that short compared to Anakin. That screencap is not the best example. With his helmet on, Rex is only a bit shorter than Anakin.

I was only saying to someone the other day than overall I just wish Disney had left Star Wars alone.
mando rogue one and rebels were good and I know the old stuff wasn’t perfect but overall it’s my jam

Love that Lobot! Oh, if only HT were focused on the OT.

I prefer the Phase 2 helmet anyway so the current ARC Troopers with Phase 2 helmets but still keeping the fin from the Phase 1 is like a perfect design to me, although it's weird that Jesse doesn't have it in Season 7.

Also the change in the ARC troopers was done whilst Lucas was still in charge, so can't just lay the blame entirely on Filoni.
I find the Phase 2 helmets a bit too generic whereas the Phase 1 ones were more streamlined, maybe idealised.

Lucas helped TCW replace CW, no doubt. I just dislike Filoni more because nothing of what he produced in the next decade, and is still producing, appeals to me. Lucas sold out, Filoni probably has an Ahsoka "doll" in his "special room"...

Amen. It's why I decided to just drop all new canon and stick with the EU. It's better to pretend SW is over than keep up with it when most of my favourites are just gone, erased from everything. It's a lot less hassle to when you don't have to worry about new characters, releases and whatever else. If something from the EU pops up and gets a doll, I'll get it. Beyond that, it's freeing to not care anymore.

As for Mara, yeah, they did her dirty. Dying like that was underwhelming. She should've never been fridged anyhow. Part of the reason why I collect is to have my displays tell their own stories. So if she's added to the canon someday and we get a doll, I'll pose her next to my Mando/EU Luke and make up my own story. I bought a Kylo because he was close enough to Jacen's Caedus look and I like Driver, but I'm never going to get a Rey considering her outfits aren't anywhere near Jaina's. It's a shame that we could've gotten this look had Duel Of The Fates happened:

1*UJrFl2DFqHu-25i0D_phFg.png

I'd surely have bought her then and pretended she was Jaina.

It’s your opinion, and I respect that. I fully understand, in fact. When the EU got binned, there was a lot of great Clone lore that was lost with it. ARC Troopers and Republic Commandos were especially hit hard, and I hated losing the connection to Mandalorian culture the Clones had.

I miss that part of the lore, and I was not happy about ARCs and Commandos being relegated to the background, but I’ve been able to move on. I liked the various Commandos the most along with ARCs like Fordo and Alpha, but I also really like Rex. That level of harshness towards him feels a bit unnecessary. He’s a phenomenally well realized character that has an incredible arc over a very long period of time.

Clones, Clone Wars, and The Clone Wars are very important to my spouse and I and Clones are a major focus of our collection. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars is amazing and I love the Dark Horse Clone Wars, but The Clone Wars did some amazing things, too. Nothing else added quite as much depth, humanity, and tragedy to the story of the Clones as The Clone Wars did. And even if I still mourn the loss of some things from the other media in canon, I am grateful for what TCW got right.

Also, I don’t think the Clone figures are too short in person. Anakin is a tad too tall, but the Clones do not look that short compared to Anakin. That screencap is not the best example. With his helmet on, Rex is only a bit shorter than Anakin.
I watched the entirety of TCW and personally I didn't like it very much. I get what they were going for, so I understand the pro arguments. But I preferred the Clones as they were, and found the fleshing out in TCW detrimental. It comes down to taste and each one's idea of how such a concept should be handled. There were some good episodes and moments, but I generally found a watered down version of the older EU, which it eventually supplanted instead of being an add-on to.

It could be just me wanting an excuse to impose some rules on myself and not get distracted by every cool new soldier toy every other week, but I was always more of a Jedi/Sith type, and then more of an Old Republic guy in general, so all the changes Post-Disney just didn't appeal to my tastes. TCW was from '08 but it did overwrite the previous lore and became part of the new canon, so I find it easier to treat it as a separate thing and stick with the old comics, books and whatnot.

Me I'm into far too many things to focus on one specific area so I try to grab some representative figures from each era/brand/IP/genre/etc, with a bit of a bigger focus on things like the Sith (I'm trying to get them all in contrast to the Jedi where I'm sticking with my absolute favourites), the X-Men and FF when they arrive in the MCU, etc. Everything else it's the protagonist, maybe the deuteragonist and the antagonist to represent the entire line. Meaning just a Sherpard from Mass Effect, just a Master Chief, and so on. I am tidying them as time goes on though and trim the fat, so the entire thing gets more streamlined.

I never cared much for the old EU anyway outside of KOTOR, was full or a bunch of crap that needed wiped away honestly. Never liked the Gendy Clone Wars either.
That's a shame.
Did you read all the novels?
There is some really great stuff amongst the crap you speak of.
Some really awesome characters and storylines.
Planets and ships.

From today's episode of Obi Wan Kenobi...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
We’ve had 2 Obi-Wan figures, I wouldn’t say he’s one of their favourites :lol

Back