1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-watched the episode again, I get why people are upset if you focus just on Boba. I mean it is his show after all. I enjoyed the episode because of the rest of the characters/creatures. I don't think Boba's getting powered up until eps 3.

Has anybody made a comparison pointing out all the differences in Boba's suit between Mandalorian and Book of Boba?

You cannot act like whatever the creators come up with is entirely intelligent and doesn't lack any logic. The entire episode lacked logic. Shooting a rocket at a shield two feet in front of you is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

The EU is a great place to take material from cause it has been consumed and you know what was positive and what was negative. The Fett stuff seemed pretty well received. There is that other successful franchise that takes events from their comics and puts them into their movie (Marvel). Frankly, it is stupid to ignore that content.

This is turning into some gang territorial dispute with an aging old man when it really should just be an entire series about Boba's epic bounty hunting days but Mando ruined that possibility. The series will be salvaged if they feature flashbacks to those times.

The shield logic I can take, I mean he might have though his weapons can break the shield. I think one of the Gamorrean guards did knock the shield off with his blade?

Getting jumped on the streets without their helmet on and no fire arms, that's out of character and made him look foolish.

Anyways, the episode cooled down my expectations after Robert Rodriguez really hyped it up to be the best SW ever. Can't wait for Eps 2.

I have never before seen, on any online forum, someone with the ability to post a single arrogant, self-righteous and/or condescending sentence that can negatively derail an entire thread for pages and pages like this one can. It's actually quite impressive when you think about it.

That's why I got to fight the power and win, by just declining to respond to attempts to rile. The best way for me to do that is by not even seeing the posts.

People are going to post stuff you disagree with [that "you" is speaking in general], and politely stated alternative lines of thought make a forum thrive. When your go-to response for everything is "you suck, behold my superiority :ROFLMAO:" this isnt meaningful, its just empty trolling. Just noise.

The shield logic I can take, I mean he might have though his weapons can break the shield. I think one of the Gamorrean guards did knock the shield off with his blade?

Getting jumped on the streets without their helmet on and no fire arms, that's out of character and made him look foolish.

Anyways, the episode cooled down my expectations after Robert Rodriguez really hyped it up to be the best SW ever. Can't wait for Eps 2.
Exactly it was the hype by Rodriguez and the nearly perfect characterization/reimagining of Boba Fett in Mandalorian that makes the first episode of Book so disappointing. I’m open minded and I’ll wait, I’m excited but I’m also cautious. I will say most of the flashback stuff and the throne scenes are not bad, better even on rewatch but the ambush is terrible every time I watch it. From the obvious scene set up from the Twilek club, to the missing Gammy guards, to the silly choreography to the parkour scene all leading up for an excuse to return to flashback. It’s clumsy to say the least.

Just watched episode 1 of TBOBF and... it was bad even if my favorite part was the space carrot. They should have just left Fett dead in the pit. That SFGate review was pretty accurate. Oh well. All I can do is hope they don't screw up Obi-Wan too.

As for the next SW figures from this show, we will definitely get a Boba repaint, then a Storm Trooper covered in sarlaac gastric juice, followed by a topless Gamorrean Guard.

Last edited:
"Kenobi" is going to make everyone's head explode, if they think this is bad. Just what they do to Anakin/Vader alone will have this effect. You know they are going to eff that up, and badly.
It would be funny if Andor end up being the best of the 3 shows this year. I honestly don't know what figure I want from that show besides Troopers. BoBF and Kenobi, easily 6-8 each that I want, lol.

I thought it fit his current ideology of wanting to rule with respect rather than fear. He's showing his face to the people and not carrying a firearm to not appear threatening.

Was it foolish? Yes and no. He's trying to be different than his predecessor but, at times, he's eventually going to need to rule with an iron fist if he wants to build a criminal empire. Fennec was even questioning his, what would appear as, softer decisions. Yet those softer decisions allowed for the Gamorrean guards to live and also be his savior.

Eventually, Boba will need to find a balance. Similar to his need for the bacta tank and his palace being empty, this is only the beginning. I'm looking forward to this show showing the arc of his evolution on becoming stronger himself as well as his criminal empire.

I went through the eligible figures and none were what I wanted. I've already let a $20 coupon expire previously and my current one just has a couple of days left. I'll have to look through the list again...
Same here. With limited eligibility of the codes I'll move away from SSC.

"Kenobi" is going to make everyone's head explode, if they think this is bad. Just what they do to Anakin/Vader alone will have this effect. You know they are going to eff that up, and badly.
I looked up the writers.

Joby Harold - King Arthur Legend of the Sword + Army of the Dead. Producer on John Wick 3 and Edge of Tomorrow, among others.

Hossein Amini - Screenplays for Drive, Snow White and the Huntsmen, 47 Ronin, among others.

Hannah Friedman - Trolls TV Show, Wet Hot American Summer, and a bunch of “contributing/staff/co writer” creds.

Debrah Chow is directing and her stuf in Mando, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot was excellent. I don’t have much faith in Toby/Hannah based on their past writing credits.

Kenobi and Anakin are two of my favorite characters, been looking forward to this show for years, I really really really hope they get it right. After all the PT hate they went through, I don’t think Ewan nor Hayden would have come back if they didn’t believe in the show. That gives me hope.

I looked up the writers.

Joby Harold - King Arthur Legend of the Sword + Army of the Dead. Producer on John Wick 3 and Edge of Tomorrow, among others.

Hossein Amini - Screenplays for Drive, Snow White and the Huntsmen, 47 Ronin, among others.

Hannah Friedman - Trolls TV Show, Wet Hot American Summer, and a bunch of “contributing/staff/co writer” creds.

Yikes. Those writing credits reinforce my decision to avoid the Kenobi series.
These are the people messing around with iconic important Star Wars characters, Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I looked up the writers.

Debrah Chow is directing and her stuff in Mando, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot was excellent. I don’t have much faith in Toby/Hannah based on their past writing credits.

Kenobi and Anakin are two of my favorite characters, been looking forward to this show for years, I really really really hope they get it right. After all the PT hate they went through, I don’t think Ewan nor Hayden would have come back if they didn’t believe in the show. That gives me hope.

The only person on that list I have any confidence in, at all is Chow. Otherwise, otherwise.... erm. Hmmm.

One of Disney's prime failings is that they have this idea this is all about NEW fans, and those new fans dont know nothin' so they can do what they want. There is no appetite at all for keeping/servicing "old" fans. If you have been a fan for awhile, eh you'll take what we give you, and you will like it.

HO HO NO

First episode was too short and rushed. And I don’t see why he didn’t just Jett pack out of that first episode.

But I’m enjoying this show so far.

I think that people wanted another mando, where we don’t need another mando tho. I don’t want two of the same show.

mando also had to be explosive upon arrival, or it wouldn’t have been as well received, say being as mellow as BoBF.

I could certainly dislike things moving forward, but as for now, I’m really enjoying the street level Star Wars, and world building.

Dew it Hot Toys!
20220106_092214.jpg
20220106_092229.jpg

Back