1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So optimism is "woke/communist"? What are you even talking about? :LOL: Talk about a non-existent argument. Pretty desperate.
main-qimg-04d2cc0a8e081a2c6fbfc052577e2627

I still can't believe all ST movies made over a billion. It's crap like that which keeps people like KK in the building. Funny as there is no future movies planned and SW is relegated to D+ when Feige can pump out movies non-stop. All the execs were convinced it is because of too much SW, which many of us 20 years ago would laugh at.

TFA made all the money but as I understand it TLJ made quite a bit less than projected. TROS made even less than that and cost a fortune to make and market and probably didn't end up making anything like the profit Disney was expecting.
It really was very sad watching TROS limp to a billion.
Why they keep extending KK's contract is anybodies guess.

I imagine Marvel getting the rest of this month and maybe some Boba stuff next month.

I still can't believe all ST movies made over a billion. It's crap like that which keeps people like KK in the building. Funny as there is no future movies planned and SW is relegated to D+ when Feige can pump out movies non-stop. All the execs were convinced it is because of too much SW, which many of us 20 years ago would laugh at.

It had been 40 years since Hamill, Ford and Carrie were in a Star Wars trilogy. They won't have those characters to destroy and sell the movies anymore and they know it. I don't see them trying very hard at another trilogy of movies they have to sell on their own, I wonder why🤔

Kathleen Kennedy loves people like you. Just buy whatever they are shoveling your way and you convince yourself to like it. She can't wait to shovel you some more **** for you to convince yourself you'll like.
I'm a little confused here.

I also enjoyed the first episode of Book of Boba. Like I said in my above post, I think there were some really cool moments aside from them setting up the story. Does that mean Kathleen Kennedy loves me because I like it? The guy who hasn't watched TLJ or TROS since I walked out of the theater disgusted by them, who will take a **** on TROS any chance I get, and has been furious since the day I saw the movie about how TROS **** all over Anakin's legacy by bringing Palpatine back.

I know hen88 might try and rile some people up because he likes TLJ or whatever but not hating the episode of Boba doesn't mean someone is just accepting whatever. It really wasn't a bad episode.

Must have struck a cord with our hen88. I've made her cackle twice! :lol :lol

the usual joker lurking around dropping :ROFLMAO: emo like a creep with holier than thou attitude acting like people here are all morons:sneaky:
Wait, is that cackle thing :ROFLMAO: used for trolling? This is a genuine question :lol. Now I’m worried I used it wrong :lol
I guess some of us are lucky that we can enjoy Star Wars without too much baggage. I didn't love TROS. I thought it was disappointing in many ways. But I don't dwell on it. I tend to focus on the things I liked about it. I also didn't think episode 1 of BoBF was perfect, but I enjoyed it. I'm interested to see where it goes next.

Unlike you, I don't struggle with Star Wars. I don't have to convince myself of anything. For me, it's uncomplicated. I just enjoy it. Some of you seem to have a lot of misery and angst when it doesn't match what you've created in your heads. And you lash out desperately when people call you out on it. Oh well.
You give off some very odd vibes. Right now, to me, you come across as thinking you are better than those those of us who didn’t like BoBF. I feel like you are trying to attack/troll those of us in the BoBF thread who pointed out some of the illogical actions of Fett or the show in general, which, to me, are valid complaints. Most of that thread are people joking around, sure we have issues with it, but the sense in that thread is more fun filled than just ranting non-stop. I do enjoy Star Wars without baggage, the PT, TCW, Rebels, Bad Batch, OT, Mando, and 99% of the EU I love. You making the assumption that some don’t enjoy every little thing as “baggage” doesn’t really fit with most of us.
Unfortunately for Kennedy most all of the big spenders are not the ones who support her agenda or her lazy approach. If you want to see financial failure, just wait until you see The Acolyte.
This is true. I remember TROS didn’t even have a toy line, which was a shocker and a first for Star Wars. Plus TFA Hot Toys are still available and cheap. TLJ/TROS barely got any Hot Toys nor high end collectibles because the market for those movies just isn’t there. Never even got a Poe, one of the big three, which is quite sad. The market for those movies exist in the tumblr/twitter world of likes and reposting, no monetary value because most of those people do not spend money on the Star Wars brand. Disney will always be able to sell tickets for good or bad Star Wars, but they are finding out they won’t be able to sell toys and merch if the movies aren’t up to par (see the ST). And the point of acquiring Star Wars wasn’t necessarily for content and movies, but merch that can be pushed at their parks and stores to make more off that than they do the movies.

I see your making the way around the forums trying to convince people that they should think like you. Typical woke/communist opinion.

Pretty evident many members here have pointed out LOGICALLY that there were many ILLOGICAL events that happened in this show. You can spend your time on whatever you want, but if people want to dwell on SW then so be it.

Make your way to the DC forum. They need people with your optimism. :lol
Yup, this is my take of the BoBF thread, we mostly point out the illogical events that happened (like Fett being surrounded by shielded enemies, firing a point blank rocket and not using his jetpack to simply fly away).
I made the comment above, but I think the reason we aren’t getting more movies is because the merch market for the ST was basically non-existent when compared to the OT and even PT, thus Disney is worried they won’t make nearly as much off that merch as they want. Then when they got Mando and that merch sold extremely well, it shifted their thinking of the market of merchandise (tv good, movies bad), which couldn’t be further from the truth for Star Wars because its value came from movies that produced merch throughout the 80s/90s/00s.

I also enjoyed the first episode of Book of Boba. Like I said in my above post, I think there were some really cool moments aside from them setting up the story. Does that mean Kathleen Kennedy loves me because I like it? The guy who hasn't watched TLJ or TROS since I walked out of the theater disgusted by them, who will take a **** on TROS any chance I get, and has been furious since the day I saw the movie about how TROS **** all over Anakin's legacy by bringing Palpatine back.

I know hen88 might try and rile some people up because he likes TLJ or whatever but not hating the episode of Boba doesn't mean someone is just accepting whatever. It really wasn't a bad episode.
Having similar thoughts on the ST as you, I did think BoBF was a bad episode. I want to like it and hope it gets better, but just too many illogical events that I can’t explain to myself turned me sour on it.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to reply some interesting points :)

Having similar thoughts on the ST as you, I did think BoBF was a bad episode. I want to like it and hope it gets better, but just too many illogical events that I can’t explain to myself turned me sour on it.
If this was episode 5 or 6, I'd be right there with you. Hell, even episode 3.

But it's the first episode. Filoni and Favreau have a proven track record. I can't for the life of me figure out why people are being so harsh on it.

But it's the first episode. Filoni and Favreau have a proven track record. I can't for the life of me figure out why people are being so harsh on it.
I think it didn’t live up to a lot of the expectations many thought of when we thought of Boba Fett. I mean, some had close to 40 years to imagine Fett. Some, like me, read the EU and saw how he was a badass. Then Mando he was a badass crushing stormtrooper skulls. BoBF he comes off as incompetent, moronic, and weak to me compared to my previous versions of Fett I watched or read about. He gets mugged by Jawas multiple times, he gets beat up by Tusken kids, he voluntarily returns to capture after trying to escape the day prior, he gets surrounded by shielded enemies and fires a rocket point blank injuring himself, he doesn’t use his jetpack to fly away, he fights so hard to get his helmet back then hands it away to strangers immediately. This wasn’t the cold hearted badass I was used to.

In a lot of ways I think the dislike of Boba Fett is very similar to the dislike of ST Luke. They just aren’t who we thought they were over the years and it was disappointing to see that on screen.

But as you said, F&F have a proven track record, I love most of their work, hope it gets better.

I don't want to be, and I'm shocked because I love Favreau's content. I think he is the best Hollywood creator of the last 25 years. But I have to call it as I see it and the first Fett episode was really bad.

In a lot of ways I think the dislike of Boba Fett is very similar to the dislike of ST Luke. They just aren’t who we thought they were over the years and it was disappointing to see that on screen.
Except it's a whole lot more unjustified. Like you said, you're basing Boba off of what YOU imagined him as and then what you saw in the old EU. Neither of which is indicative of who he is as a character. As far as what we saw from him in the movies, we didn't really know who Boba Fett was. And look, that was a huge part of his charm. But sorry, you're going to have to get over the glorified fan fics and your headcanons.

I think it didn’t live up to a lot of the expectations many thought of when we thought of Boba Fett. I mean, some had close to 40 years to imagine Fett. Some, like me, read the EU and saw how he was a badass. Then Mando he was a badass crushing stormtrooper skulls. BoBF he comes off as incompetent, moronic, and weak to me compared to my previous versions of Fett I watched or read about. He gets mugged by Jawas multiple times, he gets beat up by Tusken kids, he voluntarily returns to capture after trying to escape the day prior, he gets surrounded by shielded enemies and fires a rocket point blank injuring himself, he doesn’t use his jetpack to fly away, he fights so hard to get his helmet back then hands it away to strangers immediately. This wasn’t the cold hearted badass I was used to.

But as you said, F&F have a proven track record, I love most of their work, hope it gets better.
I think the important thing here is that you need to be able to separate the EU from what we're watching now.

Boba escaping from the sarlacc was cool in the EU and it was cool in the show. You know what wasn't cool? When he escapes from the sarlacc by bonding with it and connecting with it through the spirit of someone else that it ate and digested. That was beyond stupid.

I read much of the EU and for as many cool moments as there were, there was another stupid one. If Filoni and Favreau are going to cherry pick the cool moments and put a better spin on them, I'm all for it.

As far as him getting beat up and captured...did you see what his skin looked like? The acid from the sarlacc clearly wrecked hell on his body. He was weak, which is why the Jawas were able to take his armor and he couldn't put up a fight. Then he was getting ravaged by the twins suns. Them showing that he needs to bathe in bacta every night shows that he went through hell.

It all made sense to me. Give it time. I'm sure he'll be badass again by the time the series is over.

I don't want to be, and I'm shocked because I love Favreau's content. I think he is the best Hollywood creator of the last 25 years. But I have to call it as I see it and the first Fett episode was really bad.
Why did you think it was so bad though? I really can't see anything from the episode that makes it *bad*. Mediocre or just average, sure, but I really don't understand the idea that it was bad.

Why did you think it was so bad though? I really can't see anything from the episode that makes it *bad*. Mediocre or just average, sure, but I really don't understand the idea that it was bad.

I have posted a ton of reasons elsewhere but to just sum things up the Sarlaac scene was a major disappointment and Morrison just doesn't look or act like Boba Fett. He is a tubby bumbling failure that loves to take his helmet off. Nothing like the most mysterious and feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

FGkHQ8UWQAIXdZ9.jpeg

d01_star_wars_boba_fett-3_4.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-01.jpg

More about accepting all the SW Disney content, not just liking one episode of BoBF. The ST is such an insult to what I would call myself a well versed SW fan. Don't forget Lucas gave the baton to her so he deserves plenty of the blame.
Belittle is probably the correct term to use. Again, not about liking the first ep, just all the Dizknee Star Wackz.

Except it's a whole lot more unjustified. Like you said, you're basing Boba off of what YOU imagined him as and then what you saw in the old EU. Neither of which is indicative of who he is as a character. As far as what we saw from him in the movies, we didn't really know who Boba Fett was. And look, that was a huge part of his charm. But sorry, you're going to have to get over the glorified fan fics and your headcanons.
We saw him in Mando Season 2 being a badass crushing skulls. That is indicative of who he is as a character. It is a completely different character in BoBF.
I think the important thing here is that you need to be able to separate the EU from what we're watching now.

Boba escaping from the sarlacc was cool in the EU and it was cool in the show. You know what wasn't cool? When he escapes from the sarlacc by bonding with it and connecting with it through the spirit of someone else that it ate and digested. That was beyond stupid.

I read much of the EU and for as many cool moments as there were, there was another stupid one. If Filoni and Favreau are going to cherry pick the cool moments and put a better spin on them, I'm all for it.

As far as him getting beat up and captured...did you see what his skin looked like? The acid from the sarlacc clearly wrecked hell on his body. He was weak, which is why the Jawas were able to take his armor and he couldn't put up a fight. Then he was getting ravaged by the twins suns. Them showing that he needs to bathe in bacta every night shows that he went through hell.

It all made sense to me. Give it time. I'm sure he'll be badass again by the time the series is over.
I wish they would have showed that acid doing damage to him more. He had his armor on. It probably heated up from the acid I guess and then burned him. But he was in no hurry to take it off after escaping. The sarlacc pit scene was too short imo. But you make a valid point for the first robbing, just, I don’t know, didn’t feel like a good story for how the great Boba Fett had his armor stolen.

I disagree about the EU having equally cool and stupid moments. I’ve read from Dawn of the Jedi to Legacy, I’d argue 90% of the EU is good to great, with 10% being utter garbage. What moments were stupid to you? There are a lot of of the older comics and young reader novels from the 80s/90s that have many many many stupid moments and can be mostly be ignored, but the main adult novels and 00ish Dark Horse comics have mostly been good to me.

He was ravaged by the twin suns then tried to escape and got beat up by one Tusken. After suffering more beatings and digging for water, he then managed to choke out some gigantic 6 appendages monster. Then wilingly returned to the same people he tried to escspe from the day before. Why doesn’t he use his jetpack when encricled to fly away? Or why does he fire a rocket point blank instead of flying up and firing? That stuff doesn’t make sense to me. It takes me out of the show.

Wait, is that cackle thing :ROFLMAO: used for trolling? This is a genuine question :lol. Now I’m worried I used it wrong :lol

No, its because this is the one emoji this particular person uses, for all purposes. Everything.

If someone posted that the earth was being slowly overtaken by a deadly cloud of radiation post-WW3 and all the survivors were in Australia, watching their imminent deaths approach and as a result drunk off their @sses 98% of the time a la Nevil Shute's "On the Beach," the person in question would reply:

:ROFLMAO:

Penicillin-resistant bubonic plague?: :ROFLMAO:

Great Depression v2.0?: :ROFLMAO:

You're fine, don't worry.

You cannot act like whatever the creators come up with is entirely intelligent and doesn't lack any logic. The entire episode lacked logic. Shooting a rocket at a shield two feet in front of you is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

The EU is a great place to take material from cause it has been consumed and you know what was positive and what was negative. The Fett stuff seemed pretty well received. There is that other successful franchise that takes events from their comics and puts them into their movie (Marvel). Frankly, it is stupid to ignore that content.

This is turning into some gang territorial dispute with an aging old man when it really should just be an entire series about Boba's epic bounty hunting days but Mando ruined that possibility. The series will be salvaged if they feature flashbacks to those times.

I have never before seen, on any online forum, someone with the ability to post a single arrogant, self-righteous and/or condescending sentence that can negatively derail an entire thread for pages and pages like this one can. It's actually quite impressive when you think about it.

[/QUOTE]
No, its because this is the one emoji this particular person uses, for all purposes. Everything.

If someone posted that the earth was being slowly overtaken by a deadly cloud of radiation post-WW3 and all the survivors were in Australia, watching their imminent deaths approach and as a result drunk off their @sses 98% of the time a la Nevil Shute's "On the Beach," the person in question would reply:

:ROFLMAO:

Penicillin-resistant bubonic plague?: :ROFLMAO:

Great Depression v2.0?: :ROFLMAO:

You're fine, don't worry.

Back