1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HT learned anything from the ST they will not be going crazy with those phase 4 Marvel figures. My guess is they do the bare minimum as they did with TROS.
I'm expecting this too. While I think Marvel Studios knows what it's doing, I think we're inevitably going to see a slow down in phase 4. I think Black Widow will be a massive hit...not only because it's the last time we'll see Nat but also because people are going to be jonesing to get back to the movies for a blockbuster feature again. After that, the movies will continue to make money I'm sure, but I don't think we'll see the growth we saw in the first three phases. I'm sure merchandise will be adjusted accordingly.

Ding Dong Marvel is dead
I don't think Marvel is dead - but without Steve, Tony and Nat, they're definitely going to lose some viewers. I also think one of the reasons the MCU has worked so well is not going crazy comic-y and staying with stories non-comic readers could make sense of. I can't help but wonder if some people are going to be turned off by multi-verse and cosmic stuff and lose interest, especially without the legacy characters around.

I think Marvel can still go strong for quite some time but I think we're going to see a course correction on both popularity and revenue.

Given the two BB announcements and heavy CW listings, my fingers are crossed for a Cad Bane. There’s tremendous potential there for both accessories and costume variations and he’s a release that I think people would get behind. But here’s to me dreaming…

I would be down for a Cade Bane , also wish they would release the Airborne Trooper and 212the Clones that where teased. I know we'll be book of Boba Fett heavy going into fall of 2022 into summer of 2023. Hoping we see some ROTJ love for 2023 Anniversary.

Man of Hot Collectibles just said on his livestream (and in the live chat) that Padme is likely to be a Toyfair exclusive. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
If Cad Bane shows up in a few more eps I think he's getting a figure. If Howard is a fan, Bane's getting made for sure. Hype for Bane is certainly high at the moment.

Cad Bane was a favourite of mine since he first turned up in TCW,what 10 years ago.
The look,the voice.
Such an epic character
I passed on the SSC Bane in Denal disguise cause i want the regular look he has.

If there are any figures I'd want more than a Bespin Han and C3PO ,it would be Cad Bane and Thrawn!!!

Man of Hot Collectibles just said on his livestream (and in the live chat) that Padme is likely to be a Toyfair exclusive. Make of that what you will.

Is he just having a wild guess?
Seems like a weird choice for an Ex as I figured HT only did them based on the characters different looks from the film e.g Han Stormie,Darkside Anakin etc.
So unless the regular Padme from Geonosis becomes available,and then they do a battle damaged version...im not sold.

Now...a Bespin Escape Leia,which would be a hybrid of Bespin and Hoth,now that would make perfect sense.

But then again..this is hot toys....

Last year toy con was kinda not so "festive" with CW Anakin + STAP, CW Obi and snowspeeder Luke, and was heavily populated with Marvel stuffs. But I believe the situation is gonna be reversed this year, SW is going to take a bigger spot-line with the Mandalorian, CW/Bad Batch and few OT/PT figs hopefully.

Is he just having a wild guess?
Seems like a weird choice for an Ex as I figured HT only did them based on the characters different looks from the film e.g Han Stormie,Darkside Anakin etc.
So unless the regular Padme from Geonosis becomes available,and then they do a battle damaged version...im not sold.

Now...a Bespin Escape Leia,which would be a hybrid of Bespin and Hoth,now that would make perfect sense.

But then again..this is hot toys....
He said it a few times. However, I completely agree with you, it seems such a weird choice for an exclusive as she'd easily sell as a normal release. Maybe a case of crossed wires, and she'll be there, just not as an exclusive.

Best to take anything said with a grain of salt. Some of these people might know something, some of them might be guessing. If you guess and you’re wrong, your source was wrong. If you guess and you’re right, you’re a guru.

Nowadays, anything popular is unfortunately going to have self important people trying to edge their way into becoming influencers.

There are people out there with a genuine passion for the hobby, but there are others who just want to get their name out there by any means.

Back