1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they do another Captain Marvel I'd definitely prefer her first suit in the new movie. I liked the casual, utilitarian jumpsuit look.

Damn they really didn’t do anything for capt marvel. Lol. But they did for morbius which to this day floors me

Unfortunately, both versions of Captain Marvel have been languishing in the Sideshow warehouse for years now. They have been heavily discounted for years and still remain in stock. A new version would make it even more difficult to unload all the ones they are sitting on.

That’s weird. According to keven feige she “is marvels most popular character”

Damn they really didn’t do anything for capt marvel. Lol. But they did for morbius which to this day floors me
Unfortunately, both versions of Captain Marvel have been languishing in the Sideshow warehouse for years now. They have been heavily discounted for years and still remain in stock. A new version would make it even more difficult to unload all the ones they are sitting on.
It's true that the previous CM's have been in stock for seemingly forever but I think that's due in part to overproduction, especially for the Endgame version. Just about every figure from that movie is still in stock - IM Mk 85, Cap, 2012 Cap, Hulk, Thor, Rescue, Iron Patriot, Stark Team Suit, Loki; I think both Thanos versions are finally gone but they languished for ages as well before being moved via heavy discounts.

I still think we'll eventually see a new Carol Danvers from this film and probably Kamala as well. When outfits like HT land merchandising rights to these properties they don't get to pick and choose which movie they're going to support - that's not how these things work. No doubt they've already scaled production way back on most of their figures and they'll do the same with these but skipping the movie entirely? Not very likely.

It's true that the previous CM's have been in stock for seemingly forever but I think that's due in part to overproduction, especially for the Endgame version. Just about every figure from that movie is still in stock - IM Mk 85, Cap, 2012 Cap, Hulk, Thor, Rescue, Iron Patriot, Stark Team Suit, Loki; I think both Thanos versions are finally gone but they languished for ages as well before being moved via heavy discounts.

I still think we'll eventually see a new Carol Danvers from this film and probably Kamala as well. When outfits like HT land merchandising rights to these properties they don't get to pick and choose which movie they're going to support - that's not how these things work. No doubt they've already scaled production way back on most of their figures and they'll do the same with these but skipping the movie entirely? Not very likely.
Idk some times it feels like hot toys will skip something if it doesn’t do well. Like green lantern . They announced lots of things they never did . I think avengers 1 was the first time they ever committed to a line of characters.

Idk some times it feels like hot toys will skip something if it doesn’t do well. Like green lantern . They announced lots of things they never did . I think avengers 1 was the first time they ever committed to a line of characters.
True but this would be the first Disney MCU movie they'd be skipping. Even when they obviously bailed on the ST they still made Rey for TROS. I'm not sure they'd want to risk incurring the wrath of KK by blowing off this one lol...

He must sell well over there. I've seen all the recent Loki figures go for pretty deep discounts lately, at least before Season 2 aired.
Yeah I was sort of joking bk there are a lot of possible versions of Loki that can be potentially be produced.

But I do think Loki is a popular character but I think as @The Buffinator mentioned above, that a significant portion of the reason why Loki figures have been “sitting on the shelves” is due to overproduction.

So I guess we will see characters like those in The Marvels but in lesser quantities as Hot Toys reevaluates their methods of gauging likely demand.

That said, I am merely speculating, I am not now, nor have I ever been a business owner (my father was however), I am just a cog in a big machine.

Yeah I was sort of joking bk there are a lot of possible versions of Loki that can be potentially be produced.

But I do think Loki is a popular character but I think as @The Buffinator mentioned above, that a significant portion of the reason why Loki figures have been “sitting on the shelves” is due to overproduction.

So I guess we will see characters like those in The Marvels but in lesser quantities as Hot Toys reevaluates their methods of gauging likely demand.

That said, I am merely speculating, I am not now, nor have I ever been a business owner (my father was however), I am just a cog in a big machine.
Ahh didn't catch that! :slap but definitely overproduction for sure. Star Wars is getting lesser quantities these days and I think the same is/will be happening with MCU figures.

But, we're all speculating and only going by the little evidence we have. I don't think you need to be a business owner to make these educated guesses.

The movie has been out for like 6 days, hardly suggests they are skipping anything. Especially when there is now looking down the barrel of 14 month MCU gap (Deadpool not withstanding)

Everything Endgame era was overproduced and it wasn't just Hot Toys. Original Spiderverse Miles Morales is easily one of the best and most popular Spider-men figures and its still in stock, and the new movie version that looks terrible is waitlisted. All the Quantumania figures are waitlisted, everything but Thor from LAT is waitlisted, more POs are waitlisted than not. Iron Studios in stock stuff is languishing and frequently on sale, their new POs are overwhelmingly waitlisted a year from release. Same thing happened around Force Awakens, and we're again sliding back into much smaller production runs and PO or miss it territory

What also doesn't help is how restricted both Carols were from Hot Toys. Had the Endgame version and I could barely move her.
The Marvels design looks less restrictive compared to CM1 and EG ones.

The movie has been out for like 6 days, hardly suggests they are skipping anything. Especially when there is now looking down the barrel of 14 month MCU gap (Deadpool not withstanding)

Everything Endgame era was overproduced and it wasn't just Hot Toys. Original Spiderverse Miles Morales is easily one of the best and most popular Spider-men figures and its still in stock, and the new movie version that looks terrible is waitlisted. All the Quantumania figures are waitlisted, everything but Thor from LAT is waitlisted, more POs are waitlisted than not. Iron Studios in stock stuff is languishing and frequently on sale, their new POs are overwhelmingly waitlisted a year from release. Same thing happened around Force Awakens, and we're again sliding back into much smaller production runs and PO or miss it territory
Oh no. I noticed the no way home stuff is like this too. Well I mean they need to realize that they should make more of stuff that sells out

LOL - not that Sideshow is any real indicator or gauge, but...they're still trying to sell off the inventory from the first 2 Captain Marvel figures. In other words, not so much CM interest.
There are also:
23 Iron Men
10 Spider-Men
5 Lokis
5 Tony Starks
3 Captain Americas
3 Black Widows
3 Miles Morales
3 War Machines
etc etc etc

80 Marvel 1/6 Hot Toys in stock and many heave been for years, but of 46 pre orders 35 are already waitlisted. Times are changing

Back