1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from seeing the film. We won’t see the Illuminati members because I suspect they will all feature in their own TV shows or movies. And like No Way Home, they will be under embargo for quite some time. There’s some real surprises in there! Haha.

Imo, the best chance of a strange variant will absolutely be Zombie strange (and perhaps there’s a bias there too because that was my fave)… however he was by far the most important Alt Strange imo. Wong will happen I reckon too. America is a chance, but tbh I will suspect they will hold off until her solo show.

The film for me crumbled a bit under its own weight. Whether that be expectations or grandiose ambitions, I feel like it was handled in a low stakes way which is weird considering the high stakes of its premise. It was never boring though… theres seems truly exciting battles and of course there are some genuinely exciting reveals and surprises that will ripple through the MCU, but in the end it all felt a little heavy handed. I just think for a movie that has multiverse in the title… there maybe wasn’t enough multiverse to satiate my appetite. Cumberbatch and Olsen are just next level though. They were both outstanding as always. I love the trajectory of Wanda… she has become perhaps the most fascinating MCU character over the past few years… since the snap. The film is a very personal look at Strange and Wanda. Everyone else just sits on the periphery.
I think I’d prefer the original film over its sequel but that isn’t taking away the fact the movie is excellent… Just not quite reaching the level I was hoping for.

Strange, Wanda and Defender Strange are the only locks I think. Supreme Strange 6 months later. Sinister Strange is just a throwaway, maybe during some ToyFair when they don't want to put any effort in. Mordo's unlikely considering they rarely make antagonists unless they're from a popular property and big name in their own right. Wong's got bigger chances, but it's not like they made the Ancient One from the first one.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Because weird individuals are not satisfied consuming leaks. They like to use that info to spoil the movie for others then act surprised when they get a negative reaction.
Doctor Strange is in the movie. Spoiled.

Because weird individuals are not satisfied consuming leaks. They like to use that info to spoil the movie for others then act surprised when they get a negative reaction.
Hmmm. You got a point there .

Secret Base photos from today.

I SPY

4 Marvel slots

279899232_5086770228058211_5148952229434956310_n.jpg

I figure it'll be Tobey-Man, Spider-Garfield, Wanda & Strange. I still want to see Defender Strange & Supreme Strange sooner rather than later so that I can make up my mind whether I'll skip base Strange and wait for his look from the 3rd one. Defender is close to the black & red outfit from the books, and the new OC look is just too cool. I figure I'll have another chance to grab a comic-based Strange, so might as well go for the unique versions this time around.

I’d be surprised to see a Defender or Supreme strange tbh. Maybe one… certainly not both.

Zombie Strange please!!
They've re-released basically the same Strange about 3 times now. Either he sells, or they enjoy making him. They've got good chances. If they don't make those, then we should kiss hopes for the Illuminati members goodbye...

Last edited:
After seeing the film, of importance I will rank with my opinion:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
After seeing the film, I agree with your Top 3, @matticus.
Spoiler Spoiler:

As for the 4th slot (going by the Secret Base pic), it might be time for a Wong. He's a major character in multiple films and franchises at this point.

After seeing the film, I agree with your Top 3, @matticus.
Spoiler Spoiler:

As for the 4th slot (going by the Secret Base pic), it might be time for a Wong. He's a major character in multiple films and franchises at this point.
I agree!

I seen a walkthrough Secret Base video that on the other side, looking into the mall, not the store, are older figures on display. I most likely jumped the gun on assuming they are spots for incoming figures. While I am probably wrong, I have seen new revealed figures looking into the store at store events. That's what I get for assuming. :slap

But Wong looks great and did do some things with his rope/sword and conjured swords/shields in the movie. He is the Sorcerer Supreme and deserves a figure this time around.

Regarding the trailer, I think that just proves that you shouldn't assume anything from the trailers. It looks good, go see it. Don't assume anything. I thought the Witch stuff in the trailers was a red herring, but no.

Strange, Wanda and Defender Strange are the only locks I think. Supreme Strange 6 months later. Sinister Strange is just a throwaway, maybe during some ToyFair when they don't want to put any effort in. Mordo's unlikely considering they rarely make antagonists unless they're from a popular property and big name in their own right. Wong's got bigger chances, but it's not like they made the Ancient One from the first one.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I just got back from seeing the film. We won’t see the Illuminati members because I suspect they will all feature in their own TV shows or movies. And like No Way Home, they will be under embargo for quite some time. There’s some real surprises in there! Haha.

Imo, the best chance of a strange variant will absolutely be Zombie strange (and perhaps there’s a bias there too because that was my fave)… however he was by far the most important Alt Strange imo. Wong will happen I reckon too. America is a chance, but tbh I will suspect they will hold off until her solo show.

The film for me crumbled a bit under its own weight. Whether that be expectations or grandiose ambitions, I feel like it was handled in a low stakes way which is weird considering the high stakes of its premise. It was never boring though… theres seems truly exciting battles and of course there are some genuinely exciting reveals and surprises that will ripple through the MCU, but in the end it all felt a little heavy handed. I just think for a movie that has multiverse in the title… there maybe wasn’t enough multiverse to satiate my appetite. Cumberbatch and Olsen are just next level though. They were both outstanding as always. I love the trajectory of Wanda… she has become perhaps the most fascinating MCU character over the past few years… since the snap. The film is a very personal look at Strange and Wanda. Everyone else just sits on the periphery.
I think I’d prefer the original film over its sequel but that isn’t taking away the fact the movie is excellent… Just not quite reaching the level I was hoping for.
Yeah I pretty much agree. It was another good, entertaining Marvel movie... but never got quite as wild and crazy as the title got us hyped up to believe. And I think the What If series largely stole it's thunder when it comes to exploring and having fun with the multiverse. And as a result there was a bit of a "been there, done that" feel to much of it.

Plus the fact it played much more like a sequel to Wandavision that Dr Strange's own movie, which was a little odd.

Last edited:
And I think the What If series largely stole it's thunder when it comes to exploring and having fun with the multiverse. And as a result there was a bit of a "been there, done that" feel to much of it.
Back luck for them, Strange was originally supposed to be out before both NWH and What If

Back