1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT usually makes the main villain, but only in later years have they made them consistently. Remember, we never got Yon-Rogg, Ego, Ronan, Yellowjacket, Crossobones, and so on. Nobody from the Black Order got made. But now they've even making Electrician Clothes Electro. I hope they keep following the recent trend if I'm being honest, because I want a Kang and a High Evolutionary, casting aside. Maybe they'll bring back Ronan some day too, so that I'll be able to get him as well. It's a crime that Space Judge Dredd played by Lee Pace was so wasted. I suppose it depends on how big enough a name the villain is, and how much they like the character. Rumor has it Stoll is now playing MODOK in AM3, which I'm really curious about, but I doubt we'll see a figure made, unless it's a cool design and they want to do it. 2023 is a relatively light year too.

As for Mordo, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a packed film in a very packed year. By the time they've churned out the Stranges, Wanda and moved onto Xavier, it'll already be Mando/BP2/Aquaman time. Not to mention Kenobi and Thor inbetween. And there's Black Adam too, and the NWH Spider-Men they haven't shown. It's too much.

I know it is probably 50/50 at best, but I would love to see Hot Toys make a DS2 Mordo
As for Mordo, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I hope SOMEone makes him....from what I can see it's a really great look for the character, and a fantastic actor on top of it. I'd buy that one in a heartbeat.

Lol, I'd momentarily forgotten about DO and GG :lol

HT usually makes the main villain, but only in later years have they made them consistently. Remember, we never got Yon-Rogg, Ego, Ronan, Yellowjacket, Crossobones, and so on. Nobody from the Black Order got made. But now they've even making Electrician Clothes Electro. I hope they keep following the recent trend if I'm being honest, because I want a Kang and a High Evolutionary, casting aside. Maybe they'll bring back Ronan some day too, so that I'll be able to get him as well. It's a crime that Space Judge Dredd played by Lee Pace was so wasted. I suppose it depends on how big enough a name the villain is, and how much they like the character. Rumor has it Stoll is now playing MODOK in AM3, which I'm really curious about, but I doubt we'll see a figure made, unless it's a cool design and they want to do it. 2023 is a relatively light year too.

As for Mordo, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a packed film in a very packed year. By the time they've churned out the Stranges, Wanda and moved onto Xavier, it'll already be Mando/BP2/Aquaman time. Not to mention Kenobi and Thor inbetween. And there's Black Adam too, and the NWH Spider-Men they haven't shown. It's too much.

Agreed! Yeah those figures showcased but not produced does leave more to be desired, man, I still would want a Yon-Rogg. (IF they make a Jude Law figure from the new FB movie maybe I'll bite :lol)

As you mention, there definitely is too much going on, with so many projects on the horizon and those that have come. I feel as though they're inundated with figures they must release, in which would make it seem they're falling a bit behind, such as the KB figure teased long after the season's coclusion.

The fun part about DS2 is the heroes are the villains lol

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Main Strange next week because of May the Fourth. Or they skip next week and unload the week after. Would be impressive to get a handful of SW figures then a Strange all within a few days.

Last edited:

Yeah you make a really good point here, no way Mordo would be a priority for Hot Toys with so much going on in the MCU, SW, and DCU.

I would love to see Hot Toys make Kang and High Evolutionary!!

I would also be intrigued to see what a 1/6 scale MODOK would look like

Agreed! Yeah those figures showcased but not produced does leave more to be desired, man, I still would want a Yon-Rogg. (IF they make a Jude Law figure from the new FB movie maybe I'll bite :lol)

As you mention, there definitely is too much going on, with so many projects on the horizon and those that have come. I feel as though they're inundated with figures they must release, in which would make it seem they're falling a bit behind, such as the KB figure teased long after the season's coclusion.
Yeah, I'll be tempted by FB3 Jude Law/Mads figures if they make them, even if I don't care about the frenchise itself.

We'll just have to wait and see at this point. HT is HT; they can't be really predicted.

The fun part about DS2 is the heroes are the villains lol

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Main Strange next week because of May the Fourth. Or they skip next week and unload the week after. Would be impressive to get a handful of SW figures then a Strange all within a few days.
Yeah, that first week of May or so will be interesting to see. MK ending, May the 4th, Strange 2 opening; definitely a lot going on.

Yeah you make a really good point here, no way Mordo would be a priority for Hot Toys with so much going on in the MCU, SW, and DCU.

I would love to see Hot Toys make Kang and High Evolutionary!!

I would also be intrigued to see what a 1/6 scale MODOK would look like
As a Cosmic Marvel fan, I want those two badly (even if I hate the Kang casting, but that's nothing a head swap or his masked head won't fix; I've not see the HE guy in anything so I'm still waiting before I judge, and that's if he is playing the HE, it was never properly announced). As for MODOK, if he does appear, I doubt they'll go the whole way, but still, he'd make for an interesting and very expensive figure. We'll see next year. Let's get through this one first.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll be tempted by FB3 Jude Law/Mads figures if they make them, even if I don't care about the frenchise itself.

We'll just have to wait and see at this point. HT is HT; they can't be really predicted.

Yeah, that first week of May or so will be interesting to see. MK ending, May the 4th, Strange 2 opening; definitely a lot going on.

As a Cosmic Marvel fan, I want those two badly (even if I hate the Kang casting, but that's nothing a head swap or his masked head won't fix; I've not see the HE guy in anything so I'm still waiting before I judge, and that's if he is playing the HE, it was never properly announced). As for MODOK, if he does appear, I doubt they'll go the whole way, but still, he'd make for an interesting and very expensive figure. We'll see next year. Let's get through this one first.

When I was a kid (1970’s) I found the High Evolutionary to be intriguing and super cool looking. If we get a High Evolutionary figure I hope his look is not completely reimagined but grounded in his comic appearance, something along these lines …

Attachments

• DD679838-2DC3-4F0E-BE47-B588009AB2CF.jpeg
    DD679838-2DC3-4F0E-BE47-B588009AB2CF.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 17
I've not see the HE guy in anything so I'm still waiting before I judge, and that's if he is playing the HE, it was never properly announced).
I believe it's just rumored speculation, but that speculated rumor is that it will be Chukwudi Iwuji, who was the team boss in Peacemaker.

When I was a kid (1970’s) I found the High Evolutionary to be intriguing and super cool looking. If we get a High Evolutionary figure I hope his look is not completely reimagined but grounded in his comic appearance, something along these lines …
If he’s not a pink cyborg with a liquid metal appearance, I’m not buying buying him.

I believe it's just rumored speculation, but that speculated rumor is that it will be Chukwudi Iwuji, who was the team boss in Peacemaker.
Yeah, that’s whom I was referring too. I haven’t seen the guy in anything so I can’t judge. But who knows what’s going on with the casting. IIRC Gunn said there were still unnamed people, and he does deep dives all the time. We all thought Kurt Russell would be playing J’Son Of Spartax, Star-Lord’s dad, and he turned out to be Ego. So maybe that guy’s playing Centurious or whatever. I think people are assuming it’s HE because 3 is rumoured to be Rocket’s final outing and it’ll deal with his creator. I can’t say that I wouldn’t have liked Cooper to have played HE just to add a more “personal” relationship between the two (and to see Cooper get a proper MCU role).

How about no Cable in that picture when Sideshow has him listed directly for that Summer period? The lineup does look fairly good- a lot of necessary catching up being done, but the perpetual cycle of new content (especially from the MCU) means that we’re very likely to have more figures announced than the amount in that picture. Hot Toys may never truly catch up.

I just imagine everything will be 6 months later. I only want Snowspeeder Luke from that photo.

Looks like the MK5 reissue got a new box. Probably the slide out from the side style of the newer diecast figures rather than the horizontal split that the earlier releases had

For me it’s only Jango and Spider-Verse Miles - I don’t even have the 2nd one ordered anywhere yet haha!

How about no Cable in that picture when Sideshow has him listed directly for that Summer period? The lineup does look fairly good- a lot of necessary catching up being done, but the perpetual cycle of new content (especially from the MCU) means that we’re very likely to have more figures announced than the amount in that picture. Hot Toys may never truly catch up.
Cable has been delayed. In fact for the first time ever, Sideshow sent me an email saying they are obligated to cancel the order due to the delay (some rule out in CA) unless I accept the fact that it will be delayed and to accept and just wait.

Back