1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could deal with M'Baku taking over, as the recent rumours suggest. Or maybe a redeemed and ressurected Killmonger. But I will say, as a comicfan, MCU Killmonger was a big let down. I like MBJ in general, but he didn't fit the role. Too short and he was written too whiny. 616 Killmonger was a 6'4" Chad sociopath with purely selfish motives who wanted to Americanize Wakanda, and that put him at odds with T'Challa who was a traditionalist. And he had a bitchin' costume.

black_panther_1998_22.jpg

I could always go back and buy the older figures, but they cost a pretty penny now. Still, I want a Black Panther in some form. But I was hoping for something like this and it's why I kept skipping.

Black-Panther-Marvel-Comics-Tchalla-Priest-Era.jpg

The MCU suits just aren't regal enough. They're missing something. Man, I remember when T'Challa was a stone-cold killer and a strategic and scientific supergenius who was basically black (and not evil, just... antiquated by our moral standards) Doom. For a long period of time my Top 5 was Doom, T'Challa, Moon Knight, Tony Stark & Kang.

Black-Panther-10.jpg

Now he's just another MCU joke. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; it should've been Based Digimon.

_94181_Medium.jpg
Actually, Winston Duke (M'Baku) would have been a good Killmonger. He played the scheming, evil sociopath in Person Of Interest quite well, and he definitely has the build.

Exactly. They should do that with Doctor Strange 2, considering how many characters are going to be in it. Just throw us a bone to assure us.

So far, MCU wise, my list for the year is something like this:
  • Raimi-Man
  • Strange (Normal, Defender, Comic-Accurate)
  • Stewart Xavier (if McKellen showed up I'd get his Magneto too)
  • Reed (Krasinski or Gruffudd, but I'm rooting for the latter)
  • Wanda (not 100% sold on the costume, but it's close enough and who knows if she'll appear again)
  • McAvoy Xavier & Fassbender Magneto if the rumours are true, though I doubt it; but maybe if it's true that they're merging universes and they'll become the MCU versions, I could wait
  • Mummy Knight & Mr. Knight
I think that just about covers this year's movies & shows. I'm not a Thor guy, so unless a comic accurate Loki shows up, I'm not interested in anything. I love Bale, but have no interest in Gorr (I'll probably get an extra TDKR head, stick it on a Kang and headcanon Bale as MCU Kang). I'd buy a Russell Crowe Zeus in a heartbeat, but they won't put out such a figure. I doubt Hercules will appear, but they'll probably set him up for later down the line. Same goes for Ares. I guess if Black Bolt appears in DS2 I'd get him too.

I've decided and I'm going to skip MCU Namor and just get an Aquaman 2 AquaMomoa in his black & blue costume as a stand-in. Momoa actually looks like Poseidon and is basically Jae Lee's Namor with a beard.

b5e7a1a1b4b5746cb78deb00a4da7557.jpg

aquaman.jpg

God, that was a great story. Great art, pure comic fun, Doom getting Namor's mum as a sex slave.

Doom-and-his-Atlantean-Wench.jpg

God, I wish that was me... Doom, I mean. Me as Doom. Not- You get my point. Whatever, AquaMomoa will be a fine stand-in for Namor in my collection is what I'm getting at. It might not be Namor per se, but... I can live with it. I'm not getting a pudgy 50 year old Mexican guy as an Atlantean. I just can't do it. Atlantis is rooted in very specific mythologies, and Namor is literally Hermes x Poseidon as an Elf. I can't get over the racelift of the entire civilization into something entirely separate. I've been watching his Narcos scenes and some interviews and the guy is a complete miscast. I mean, for ****'s sake, how does a race that lives UNDERWATER, which is, you know, under tons of pressure and WITH NO LIGHT, not turn paler as time goes on? Namor should look like a shark.

p8b8BVkhtbdMw4d32TTsQP.jpg

b0fe4564e2c2c18f63f48ada6d358963.jpg

DC's Aquaman at least delivered on the GrecoRoman & Sci-Fi aesthetics, so I'd rather have that on my shelf. Plus, Momoa and Heard are actually hot, you know? I'd like to look at them on my shelf.

aquaman-jason-momoa-amber-heard-mera.jpg

Compare them with this guy.

villainbp.jpg

Come on, I'm not shelling out 300€ for his likeness. It's swallow, but if I'm paying that much money, I want the actors and actresses to be handsome. The guy's a pudgy manlet and Momoa is a 6'4" Chad. Me, I wanted Luke Evans as Namor.

mizuri-official-namor.jpg

What could've been... Maybe I'll kitbash a Namor of my own at some point.

Anyway, I'm hoping there'll be some form of a Black Panther in Wakanda Forever, but I don't know. I wouldn't buy a Shuri because I grew up with Priest's run and I want a T'Challa. MCU Shuri is too annoying and she doesn't have the great aesthetics of 616 Shuri.

Shuri-Black-Panther-female-Marvel-Comics.jpg

I could deal with M'Baku taking over, as the recent rumours suggest. Or maybe a redeemed and ressurected Killmonger. But I will say, as a comicfan, MCU Killmonger was a big let down. I like MBJ in general, but he didn't fit the role. Too short and he was written too whiny. 616 Killmonger was a 6'4" Chad sociopath with purely selfish motives who wanted to Americanize Wakanda, and that put him at odds with T'Challa who was a traditionalist. And he had a bitchin' costume.

black_panther_1998_22.jpg

I could always go back and buy the older figures, but they cost a pretty penny now. Still, I want a Black Panther in some form. But I was hoping for something like this and it's why I kept skipping.

Black-Panther-Marvel-Comics-Tchalla-Priest-Era.jpg

The MCU suits just aren't regal enough. They're missing something. Man, I remember when T'Challa was a stone-cold killer and a strategic and scientific supergenius who was basically black (and not evil, just... antiquated by our moral standards) Doom. For a long period of time my Top 5 was Doom, T'Challa, Moon Knight, Tony Stark & Kang.

Black-Panther-10.jpg

Now he's just another MCU joke. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; it should've been Based Digimon.

_94181_Medium.jpg
58246917.jpg

Actually, Winston Duke (M'Baku) would have been a good Killmonger. He played the scheming, evil sociopath in Person Of Interest quite well, and he definitely has the build.
Who was he in PoI? I watched it all some years back but don't remember him. Was he the gang leader trying to make a play for Elias' teritory? If so yeah, I remember that. Build and demeanor alone makes him a better Killmonger than MBJ. But the narrative overtook the character, and we didn't get the comic version. We should've gotten something along the lines of General Baptiste from Lord Of War.

rNHyMiC.gif

I get what they were trying to do, but he came off as a whiny and short-sighted brat. T'Chaka came off as a retard though so maybe he got off better. I never saw the "muh sympathetic" angle either. He was off his rocker, his plan was nonsensical and he whined too much when he had too much going for him. The personal vendetta I get, the rest... It ruined comics Killmonger too with its synergy. Comics Killmonger was much more likeable and badass. I like MBJ in general, but his Killmonger was very normie-friendly. As was the entire film, let's be honest. It was just Hudlin's Hotep take but watered down for mass consumption. I wanted Priest's, but what can you do, it is what it is.

I'm just hoping they solve this whole situation and have a Black Panther going forward. This whole thing has gotten ridiculous now. I've read some rumours that they're going to reveal an 8 YO son, so I'm half expecting them to throw him in a time vortext and bam, next movie you've got Azari (that was the name of his son in that Avengers animated flick, and they reuse the charactes from time to time, so maybe they could use it, or just go for an OC; whatever I'm just using a placeholder) as a 30 YO ready for action. But nobody's going to take that cringy Shuri seriously as a Queen. And give him a more regal costume.

2211420-ff_606_cov.jpg

It'd be kinda funny if they ended up shipping T'Challa's son with MCU Storm. It'd be almost as out of the blue as the comic version which literally boilled down to Hudlin going "he black, she black, it fits yo".

Screen_Shot_2021_04_20_at_2.40.32_PM.png

Oh yeah, Wakanda's had a Space Empire for thousands of years now and it's two or three galaxies wide because **** you. Meanwhile Reed can't cure cancer and Doom can't conquer the Balkans because of status quo. And now Mutants are basically controlling the solar systerm and Storm is Queen of Mar- I mean "Arrakko". Yeah...

Yeah I do. And so do all my homies.

tumblr_p69w1b6D1I1vfpvc9o1_1280.jpg

"Come on bro, first it's squats and then it's discussing the subtle political allegories in Claremont's X-Men."

lE1vUYdH_0103141311221.jpg

Personally, I'm at for this year:

Doc Ock
Green Goblin, but awaiting Hoody Goblin reveal
Batman and maybe Batcycle
Morbius
Moon Knight main suit

Maybe
Iron Cruise
Zombie Strange
Prof X
Dr. Fate

All figures are, of course, TBD until I see the movie.

Personally, I'm at for this year:

Doc Ock
Green Goblin, but awaiting Hoody Goblin reveal
Batman and maybe Batcycle
Morbius
Moon Knight main suit

Maybe
Iron Cruise
Zombie Strange
Prof X
Dr. Fate

All figures are, of course, TBD until I see the movie.
If we're adding DCU, then I'm in for Dr. Fate, Black & Blue Aquaman (as a stand-in for Namor) and maybe Black Adam. Battinson is probably a pass, I can wait for the next suit. I've written off the Spider-Foes entirely, so it's just a Raimi-Man for nostalgia's sake. Morbius I'm skipping. If he gets added to the Midnight So/uns and I get another shot at him when my schedule's less cramped (though I doubt it as we'll be in X-Mode by then), I might reconsider.

Maybe I'll end up revising the list, but it's more or less where I'm at. Then there's SW I have to take into account, especially if Kenobi goes back to the PT and I get another shot at the ones I missed.

If we're adding DCU, then I'm in for Dr. Fate, Black & Blue Aquaman (as a stand-in for Namor) and maybe Black Adam. Battinson is probably a pass, I can wait for the next suit. I've written off the Spider-Foes entirely, so it's just a Raimi-Man for nostalgia's sake. Morbius I'm skipping. If he gets added to the Midnight So/uns and I get another shot at him when my schedule's less cramped (though I doubt it as we'll be in X-Mode by then), I might reconsider.

Maybe I'll end up revising the list, but it's more or less where I'm at. Then there's SW I have to take into account, especially if Kenobi goes back to the PT and I get another shot at the ones I missed.
PT sucked. That's all you need to know. More Marvel = More Intelligent

Who was he in PoI? I watched it all some years back but don't remember him. Was he the gang leader trying to make a play for Elias' teritory? If so yeah, I remember that. Build and demeanor alone makes him a better Killmonger than MBJ. But the narrative overtook the character, and we didn't get the comic version. We should've gotten something along the lines of General Baptiste from Lord Of War.
Yep, that was him. I hadn't heard that M'Baku has been rumored as the new Black Panther. That could make for an interesting dynamic, given his Jabari roots and his previous view that Wakanda's tribal traditions were being lost due to its focus on technological advancements. Even if they have him become more flexible in his views, that's still better than having Shuri as the next BP.

Yep, that was him. I hadn't heard that M'Baku has been rumored as the new Black Panther. That could make for an interesting dynamic, given his Jabari roots and his previous view that Wakanda's tribal traditions were being lost due to its focus on technological advancements. Even if they have him become more flexible in his views, that's still better than having Shuri as the next BP.
Last I heard he got a significant pay rise for Wakanda Forever, so between that and the drama with Shuri's actress, people are speculating. I'd prefer it to Shuri certainly, although they could always just pull a Variant T'Challa from somewhere. I feel for the guy, especially with how he went, but this is getting ridiculous. Still, M'Baku as BP could be interesting. I found MCU T'Challa too whiny and Americanised. His entire personality was changed, and I wasn't a big fan of the ending either. They missed the whole point of the character and the comic to push their narrative. It was all translated through an African-American lens, and made for a passive Western audience, so all the uniqueness was gone. Most people don't even get what Lee & Kirby based Wakanda on and how it begun and evolved, especially through Priest. MCU Black Panther is made for the people Queen Divine Justice mocked and was a stand-in for.

M'Baku could be closer to the comic T'Challa, although he's more brutish and lacks the scientific smarts, which were stolen from him anyhow and dumped on Shuri. It disgusts me to read current comics and see them pretend current Shuri is the same character which debuted a decade ago. She's literally an entirely different person, but we pretend because synergy. Hudlin destroyed the character, I'll say that much. We're talking about the man who wrote "Black To The Future". Two times. Two...

blam-gun-to-head.gif

I'm quite excited at the possibility/inevitability of some quality 1/6th Moon Knight and She-Hulk on the horizon.

And maybe ONE DAY we'll get Nova in the MCU. Any day now.

I'm quite excited at the possibility/inevitability of some quality 1/6th Moon Knight and She-Hulk on the horizon.

And maybe ONE DAY we'll get Nova in the MCU. Any day now.
I do wonder how they'll pull She-Hulk off. We could also get a Hulk figure from the show too. I don't think an Abomination is likely, but he's in it.

You actually have more chances of seeing Nova now than before. Gunn hated Richard, and the internet Dick Rider Defense Squad didn't do him any favours. With him leaving after GotG 3 and abandoning the Cosmic side, and it getting more attention with the FF and the such, I think we'll see some version of Nova show up. Now, if that's Rich or Sam is unknown. Depends on what demographic they'll try to reach, and how they'll treat the character.

There's still a LOT of fuel left in the Cosmic tank. Annihilation is something I can see them really building up to. Properly done, it'd blow IW/EG out of the water in sheer scope. I'm just sad we probably won't ever get something like this:

v0jq1jtrubx01.jpg

But Pratt could stay on like Hemsworth did, so who knows? With Mar-Vell being a woman in the MCU and most importantly being pretty much a blip, I don't know if we'll get to see Genis or Phylla in the MCU in any capacity. And that'll be a shame. I guess we're bound to get Galactus, Norrin and so forth, but characters like Terrax are longshots. Still, who knows, right? These flicks are getting crazier.

Toys have started leaking from Thor 4, so I think the two Thors are a given. Maybe Gorr. I'd kill for a Crowe Zeus, but I don't think he's got any chances of being made. I still don't know why they're literall killing off the entire Greek Pantheon to set up Gorr, when they could do the same with an alien Pantheon, like in the comics, as Gorr is a Cosmic type. But the Greek Gods get reborn as they're Immortal, in contrast to the Asgardians who are dependent on the Golden Apples, so maybe they'll bring them back. Still, a Crowe Zeus would be a blast of a figure.

justice-league-differenze-zeus-russell-crowe-thor-4-v4-514636.jpg

To bring it back to Namor because I've been thinking about it lately, this is the Atlantean cast thus far:

FJUj7JuVIAEP4DM

The Attuma guy looks bulky, though I haven't checked to see how tall he is. The rest... I don't know, every pic I see of them depends on the angle. The woman has nice cheeckbones and a stare, but I really don't know. I doubt they'll even paint them blue. Which to be honest I always found silly, so I'm not that mad about it. But why use Namora and go through all the incest nonsense instead of just going for Lady Dorma? Who knows, maybe leaks are wrong and she is Dorma and not Namora. Or Hell, Namorita. Who knows?

We're getting close to the supposed release of the film now, but we know literally nothing about it. 10 months away and not even knowing who the MC is concerns me. Is it Shuri? Nakia? M'Baku? Who's the antagonist? Just what is going on? Either way, I still think the guy's pudgy, too short and not regal enough, but he does exclude an arrogant air, which is needed in Namor, even though I think it's undeserved in his case. I guess it depends on where they go. I've said it before, but if they did Atlantis as a Proto-Civ with similarities to all cultures near the Med, I'd be fine with it breaking the classic GrecoRoman mold. But giving them an entire race & culture lift that's so removed from the source is baffling. What, are they going to change the names too? Why does a Mayan culture have names like Namor, Namora and Attuma? It's just too weird to me. They could've just gotten MENA people you know. I'd have been fine with an Asian Namor, maybe Korean. He is supposed to be mixed race, so I could deal with his dad being Asian instead of Scottish like in the books.

Dunno, maybe they'll give him a good costume and he'll win me over, but I'm not optimistic. I'm more open to it than the Clownish Kang I witnessed, but I'm genuinely thinking of getting an AquaMomoa to represent Namor on my shelf. But that ticks off my OCD. I'm dependent on the branding, I'm weak like that. It's why I can't get into unlicensed figures, even when they look great... The whole reason why I liked Namor better was because he was gung-ho about being King of Atlantis while Arthur was always more restrained and hesitant. I find AquaMomoa charming, but having him in place of Namor just feels wrong. He's too much of a good guy, when Namor is legitimately a huge dick. This is what I want to see in the MCU:

X-Men-21-Charles-Xavier-Magneto-Namor.jpg

I love Namor, which is why I'm torn here. I want to come around, but nothing I'm seeing and hearing entices me. I'm still in that 70/30 stage, tilting negative, but I have an inkling of hope. It'll really depend a lot on the costume and attitude. Good aesthetics can go a long way. I've seen some takes on his modern look that I think would be cool:

nahuel-ruiz-w03-final-3-4.jpg

We'll see, anyhow. It's just weird that we know literally nothing about the whole thing. Would it hurt them to at least throw out a synopsis and a confirmed cast? At the very least I want a new T'Challa/Black Panther with a cape:

andy-park-blackpanther-tchaka-andypark.jpg

If we're being more concrete about it, the way I see it, this is what we have to look forward to:
  • Spider-Tobey
  • Spider-Garfield
  • Clint & Kate
  • Moon Knight
And then it's onto Doctor Strange. February's almost over and they're still not done with the MCU characters of 2021. It doesn't bode well with how packed 2022 is, unless of course they got early material to work with and will unleash it all at once. Although with how Ock turned out, I doubt that's the case. Strange times...

Last edited:
I do wonder how they'll pull She-Hulk off. We could also get a Hulk figure from the show too. I don't think an Abomination is likely, but he's in it.

You actually have more chances of seeing Nova now than before. Gunn hated Richard, and the internet Dick Rider Defense Squad didn't do him any favours. With him leaving after GotG 3 and abandoning the Cosmic side, and it getting more attention with the FF and the such, I think we'll see some version of Nova show up. Now, if that's Rich or Sam is unknown. Depends on what demographic they'll try to reach, and how they'll treat the character.

There's still a LOT of fuel left in the Cosmic tank. Annihilation is something I can see them really building up to. Properly done, it'd blow IW/EG out of the water in sheer scope. I'm just sad we probably won't ever get something like this:

v0jq1jtrubx01.jpg

But Pratt could stay on like Hemsworth did, so who knows? With Mar-Vell being a woman in the MCU and most importantly being pretty much a blip, I don't know if we'll get to see Genis or Phylla in the MCU in any capacity. And that'll be a shame. I guess we're bound to get Galactus, Norrin and so forth, but characters like Terrax are longshots. Still, who knows, right? These flicks are getting crazier.

Toys have started leaking from Thor 4, so I think the two Thors are a given. Maybe Gorr. I'd kill for a Crowe Zeus, but I don't think he's got any chances of being made. I still don't know why they're literall killing off the entire Greek Pantheon to set up Gorr, when they could do the same with an alien Pantheon, like in the comics, as Gorr is a Cosmic type. But the Greek Gods get reborn as they're Immortal, in contrast to the Asgardians who are dependent on the Golden Apples, so maybe they'll bring them back. Still, a Crowe Zeus would be a blast of a figure.

justice-league-differenze-zeus-russell-crowe-thor-4-v4-514636.jpg

To bring it back to Namor because I've been thinking about it lately, this is the Atlantean cast thus far:

FJUj7JuVIAEP4DM

The Attuma guy looks bulky, though I haven't checked to see how tall he is. The rest... I don't know, every pic I see of them depends on the angle. The woman has nice cheeckbones and a stare, but I really don't know. I doubt they'll even paint them blue. Which to be honest I always found silly, so I'm not that mad about it. But why use Namora and go through all the incest nonsense instead of just going for Lady Dorma? Who knows, maybe leaks are wrong and she is Dorma and not Namora. Or Hell, Namorita. Who knows?

We're getting close to the supposed release of the film now, but we know literally nothing about it. 10 months away and not even knowing who the MC is concerns me. Is it Shuri? Nakia? M'Baku? Who's the antagonist? Just what is going on? Either way, I still think the guy's pudgy, too short and not regal enough, but he does exclude an arrogant air, which is needed in Namor, even though I think it's undeserved in his case. I guess it depends on where they go. I've said it before, but if they did Atlantis as a Proto-Civ with similarities to all cultures near the Med, I'd be fine with it breaking the classic GrecoRoman mold. But giving them an entire race & culture lift that's so removed from the source is baffling. What, are they going to change the names too? Why does a Mayan culture have names like Namor, Namora and Attuma? It's just too weird to me. They could've just gotten MENA people you know. I'd have been fine with an Asian Namor, maybe Korean. He is supposed to be mixed race, so I could deal with his dad being Asian instead of Scottish like in the books.

Dunno, maybe they'll give him a good costume and he'll win me over, but I'm not optimistic. I'm more open to it than the Clownish Kang I witnessed, but I'm genuinely thinking of getting an AquaMomoa to represent Namor on my shelf. But that ticks off my OCD. I'm dependent on the branding, I'm weak like that. It's why I can't get into unlicensed figures, even when they look great... The whole reason why I liked Namor better was because he was gung-ho about being King of Atlantis while Arthur was always more restrained and hesitant. I find AquaMomoa charming, but having him in place of Namor just feels wrong. He's too much of a good guy, when Namor is legitimately a huge dick. This is what I want to see in the MCU:

X-Men-21-Charles-Xavier-Magneto-Namor.jpg

I love Namor, which is why I'm torn here. I want to come around, but nothing I'm seeing and hearing entices me. I'm still in that 70/30 stage, tilting negative, but I have an inkling of hope. It'll really depend a lot on the costume and attitude. Good aesthetics can go a long way. I've seen some takes on his modern look that I think would be cool:

nahuel-ruiz-w03-final-3-4.jpg

We'll see, anyhow. It's just weird that we know literally nothing about the whole thing. Would it hurt them to at least throw out a synopsis and a confirmed cast? At the very least I want a new T'Challa/Black Panther with a cape:

andy-park-blackpanther-tchaka-andypark.jpg

If we're being more concrete about it, the way I see it, this is what we have to look forward to:
  • Spider-Tobey
  • Spider-Garfield
  • Clint & Kate
  • Moon Knight
And then it's onto Doctor Strange. February's almost over and they're still not done with the MCU characters of 2021. It doesn't bode well with how packed 2022 is, unless of course they got early material to work with and will unleash it all at once. Although with how Ock turned out, I doubt that's the case. Strange times...
Rumor on the street is that Hoody Goblin is this month. We'll see. If they were supposedly late on Doc and OG Goblin, then what is the situation with Hawkeye as it ended before NWH? Clint and Kate will be back, dare they pass on Hawkeye figures? I think they are taking the Loki route and might see them in March/April.

Like Gunn said, the GOTG team will never be the same after 3. I'd assume his pet Rocket will die. Drax too. I think Pratt and Zoe will stay around. Warlock might join the team. Mantis is meh, but can solve a big problem when writing a story. I think Nova will be a Disney+ show. I like the character before the kid Nova thing, but that opens the door to check the box on a younger demographic. It might end up being some type of Ms. Marvel angle for a D+ show.

The Greek Gods must be on some other plane of existence. You would've thought Thor would have asked for help if it was some planet he knew of. I know the Light Elves haven't been introduced, but I doubt they will somehow combine the two. Would be interesting to see a Norse God interacting with Greek Gods, if that is the case. I would need a good trailer to get excited for that one. I doubt you'll get a Zeus figure.

I honestly don't know how some casting gets released, but then a Namor or Werewolf at Night is supposedly incoming within months and we hear nothing. Namor seems to be a big deal in a BP2 unlike the smaller cameos of DS: MoM. WaN is weird as it is said it is a D+ special for Halloween. Nothing announced.

Feige says he plans 5 years out. We have another year left of his announced plans. He clearly is all over the place in story telling so cosmic or Earth-based is all on the table. I think Ant-Man and GOTG will wrap up and be done with their third installments. Can count on Blade, F4, Strange 3, Marvel(s) 3, BP 3, Cap4, Deadpool 3 will wrap Deadpool up, Shang Chi 2/3. I hope Eternals are one and done. Then X-Men, which is an Infinity Saga itself.

Ms Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight, Echo, Ironheart, What If...? are intros while WV, FWS, Loki, Hawkeye have continued storytelling. Makes you think they will continue mixing veterans while introducing more heroes, like a Nova. They could even be labeled "events" with the veterans like Fury for Secret Invasion, Rhodes for Armor Wars, Wanda/Vision, Hawkeye, Wakanda and Loki. Now Agatha, Zombies and X-Men 97 added.

On the horizon for newer content, we are getting Blade, F4 and X-Men. I am sure we will get a new Marvel/Sony Spider-Man trilogy. Not sure what will be after that. I hope in some capacity, we see a newer Daredevil show instead of him restricted to cameos. MCU Ghost Rider, Punisher, Iron Fist, Power Man and Jessica Jones. I can see Wolverine getting his own movies alongside X-Men movies. Problem is Fox did all the big X-Men storylines besides Genosha, Sinister and Asteroid M. Feige likes new and might go there.

Rumor on the street is that Hoody Goblin is this month. We'll see. If they were supposedly late on Doc and OG Goblin, then what is the situation with Hawkeye as it ended before NWH? Clint and Kate will be back, dare they pass on Hawkeye figures? I think they are taking the Loki route and might see them in March/April.
I don't think they'll skip them, but it's weird they haven't shown them yet. The Loki figures took a while to arrive but they were still teased relatively on time. This radio silence is weird.

Like Gunn said, the GOTG team will never be the same after 3. I'd assume his pet Rocket will die. Drax too. I think Pratt and Zoe will stay around. Warlock might join the team. Mantis is meh, but can solve a big problem when writing a story. I think Nova will be a Disney+ show. I like the character before the kid Nova thing, but that opens the door to check the box on a younger demographic. It might end up being some type of Ms. Marvel angle for a D+ show.
GotG in general will probably be done after 3, but maybe some members will remain and appear later. Maybe a rebrand into the Infinity Watch with Warlock moving forward? As for Nova, if it's D+ show, it'll be Sam. If it's a movie, it'll be Dick. It depends on how they want to push the character. Space Veteran or Rookie Kid/Space Spider-Man.

The Greek Gods must be on some other plane of existence. You would've thought Thor would have asked for help if it was some planet he knew of. I know the Light Elves haven't been introduced, but I doubt they will somehow combine the two. Would be interesting to see a Norse God interacting with Greek Gods, if that is the case. I would need a good trailer to get excited for that one. I doubt you'll get a Zeus figure.
We'll see in July. It's just weird to me to kill them off in their first outing when they haven't even done Hercules and Ares yet. But yeah, chances of a Zeus are next to none. Unless of course Howard likes Crowe. They did make that Zor-El figure and skipped a more action-y character like Faora. But the days of figures like Odin are long gone.

I honestly don't know how some casting gets released, but then a Namor or Werewolf at Night is supposedly incoming within months and we hear nothing. Namor seems to be a big deal in a BP2 unlike the smaller cameos of DS: MoM. WaN is weird as it is said it is a D+ special for Halloween. Nothing announced.
All of those casting news comes from twitter accounts, things like the Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and the such. Namor's the "antagonist" of BP2 so he will get a figure for certain, my problem is what he'll look like. At this point they might as well just make them an OC underwater kingdom. I'd prefer that. I mean, it makes literally no sense for a Mayan culture to have names like Namor, Dorma, Attuma and so on. The language is entirely different. We'll see, anyhow. If the costume is awful, I'll get an AquaMomoa and get my fix from there. If not, I'll give him a chance. But, I mean... Aquaman's got this:

3f9822fe38d1e413c6d505ae200c3972.gif

Come on now, they can't compete with that. But then again, I don't like Aquaman comics. I liked that Sword of Atlantis bit, but they're all so drab. I just, uh, find Mera pleasing to look at... I don't even like Namor's comics either, I just find him a neat character. I mean, everyone's a blue Elf in them. What the Hell, right? Honestly, my favourite Atlantis was the Disney flick. At least that had aesthetics. And I guess Nadia. I suppose I could enjoy MCU MayAtlantis too. If they go with a "Lost Continent Of Mu" bit. I just don't want them going "them Egyptians and Babylonians and Greeks and whatever stole it all from the Americas" bit. If it's completely divorced, if it's its own thing in a very different part of the world, with a different mythology and everything, I suppose I'd be into it. I'd still prefer a take similar to Atlantis: The Lost Empire though... Whatever, might as well be open to it. I'm more mad about Kang, and I always will be...

For DS2, even if the cameos are there, with how slow HT is lately, I'm trying to not set myself up for dissapointment. Someone like Iron Cruise will certainly get a figure, but the rest... who knows? It'll pain me if we don't get a Stewart Xavier figure, I'll tell you that.

Feige says he plans 5 years out. We have another year left of his announced plans. He clearly is all over the place in story telling so cosmic or Earth-based is all on the table. I think Ant-Man and GOTG will wrap up and be done with their third installments. Can count on Blade, F4, Strange 3, Marvel(s) 3, BP 3, Cap4, Deadpool 3 will wrap Deadpool up, Shang Chi 2/3. I hope Eternals are one and done. Then X-Men, which is an Infinity Saga itself.

Ms Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight, Echo, Ironheart, What If...? are intros while WV, FWS, Loki, Hawkeye have continued storytelling. Makes you think they will continue mixing veterans while introducing more heroes, like a Nova. They could even be labeled "events" with the veterans like Fury for Secret Invasion, Rhodes for Armor Wars, Wanda/Vision, Hawkeye, Wakanda and Loki. Now Agatha, Zombies and X-Men 97 added.

On the horizon for newer content, we are getting Blade, F4 and X-Men. I am sure we will get a new Marvel/Sony Spider-Man trilogy. Not sure what will be after that. I hope in some capacity, we see a newer Daredevil show instead of him restricted to cameos. MCU Ghost Rider, Punisher, Iron Fist, Power Man and Jessica Jones. I can see Wolverine getting his own movies alongside X-Men movies. Problem is Fox did all the big X-Men storylines besides Genosha, Sinister and Asteroid M. Feige likes new and might go there.
X-Men & FF will open the door to tons of new things that I'm trying to not even think about or I'll go mad. Who knows what direction they'll even take. The Mansion, Utopia, Krakoa, it's all up in the air.

Last edited:
Back