1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next MCU HT figure? Spidey NWH Homemade Suit 2.0 ofc!
Final-NWH-suit.jpg

The MCU X-Men are a rabbit hole I really don't want to go down...but I know I will. I'm already worried how deep SooSoo will go with theirs.
Tell me about it. My solution is to keep focused on the Summers/Grey bloodline, plus some of the big names. So I'm looking at
  1. Cyclops
  2. Jean (+ Phoenix & Dark Phoenix)
  3. Cable
  4. Rachel
  5. Hope
Then the villains
  1. Sinister
  2. Apocalypse
  3. Stryfe
  4. Madelyne (who did nothing wrong)
Plus some random favourites
  1. Xavier
  2. Magneto
  3. Emma
  4. Fantomex
  5. Deadpool
  6. Wolverine (only if Jackman comes back; I don't much care for him otherwise, as I've always been a Cyclops guy)
  7. Captain Britain/Avalon
  8. Abigail Brand
And that's a very conservative estimate. I can easily go overboard with them, especially with the tons of costumes they'll have. So for the time being I have this plan, but if they make some Uncanny X-Force style Archangel, or Death Seed Archangel, I don't know if I'll be able to resist, regardless of me not being a Warren uberfan; the design is just too good. For the time being I'm dreading the FF. Not to mention the very real chance that they might do the Future Foundation at some point, making me buy them a second time...

To speak of something more recent, I'm curious to see how they'll do Moon Knight. Will it just be pleather with paint to look like bandages, or will they go with sort of individual bandages to pull off the mummy look? It could be a stunning figure or a poor one.

MOON-knight-trailer.jpg

If they do release a Raimi Spidey, I hope they remake him rather than simply reissuing the old figure. That design has a particularly strong head and jaw shape which was achieved with prosthetics inside the mask. The HT figure had a weaker jaw and bigger forehead. Still nice, but not as slick as what we saw on-screen.
They will definitely be redoing it from the ground up. Hot Toys probably doesn't even have those dated materials from back then, anyway. As well as the fact both Tobey and Andrew will inevitably come with headsculpts too. Hot Toys can be a little unpredictable sometimes, but this is one of those cases where I'm 99.9% sure they aren't going to **** it up lol.

Hot Toys loves re-issuing 10 year old figures though. Maybe they'll try for a new record.

Edit: Correction..Whiplash was released the same year as the Spider-Man 3 figure...12 years ago.

Well I would say it is safe to say Sony is no longer avoiding the spoilers for advertising. So wonder how much longer it will be till the companies start announcing merchandise?

Well I would say it is safe to say Sony is no longer avoiding the spoilers for advertising. So wonder how much longer it will be till the companies start announcing merchandise?

With Green Goblin out there and now finally Tobey out there talking about the movie, it should be game on. Maybe all the companies just have a late start on getting the figure's representation right and approved by the merch people.

Hot Toys loves re-issuing 10 year old figures though. Maybe they'll try for a new record.

Edit: Correction..Whiplash was released the same year as the Spider-Man 3 figure...12 years ago.
They surely won't reissue this time. That figure is so dated now, its just not fit for purpose. But they had the nerve to do it with the latest Batman Begins figure so who knows. 🙄

They need to start from scratch.

Screenshot_20220129-185009.png

When Homecoming released, were people expecting/hoping for a figure of the Iron Spider to be released?

I wasn't collecting back then. But I'm wondering if we might not see a figure of Holland's new suit until the eventual next film? Like how we didn't get Iron Spider until after Infinity War?

View attachment 559332

When Homecoming released, were people expecting/hoping for a figure of the Iron Spider to be released?

I wasn't collecting back then. But I'm wondering if we might not see a figure of Holland's new suit until the eventual next film? Like how we didn't get Iron Spider until after Infinity War?

I agree. I could see Hot Toys waiting to release it until the next film since they currently have so many other figures to release for the film. Plus as we get closer and closer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The chances become less and less likely unless they pull a Thena on us. Still very strange that we didn't get anything from Hawkeye and Kate Bishop. The last time we got something that was so brief on screen would probably be Age of Ultron Wanda Exclusive.

The “Raimi” suit in NWH is different than it is in the Raimi trilogy. It actually looks like they made it from the same material as Andrews suit because the suits look almost identical with the masks off.

The MCU X-Men are a rabbit hole I really don't want to go down...but I know I will. I'm already worried how deep SooSoo will go with theirs.
Depends on how you want your X-Men motif. If you want hyper-realistic (and probably bad suit design), wait for MCU. SooSoo Gambit is so extraordinary, I'll never need any other. And word on the internet-street is, Rogue is next...

So when will Hot Toys be back from their break? When can we start seeing announcement reveals again?

Back