1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was someone else who thought of it in the movie section sometime last year but yeah, just seems so obvious now. Have it that using the Infinity stones necessitates or triggers the full Hulk to re-emerge. Then switch out Captain Marvel for Hulk in the Thanos fight, not like you'd be entirely depriving Captain Marvel of her hero moment - she had a great entrance to the battle when she obliterated Thano's ship. Then you could still have Thanos use the power stone on Hulk. The rest of the final battle plays out as it does in the movie.

When they need to return the Infinity Stones at the end have regular Banner back to operate the time machine.

The problem with this idea is it negates all of Banner's character development. His story from Ragnarok through Endgame was meant to be a complete character arc. Do I miss the old Hulk too? Yes. But going backward does a disservice to the characters and turns the movies into fan service.

What did they do in the comics? When he becomes Professor Hulk in the comics is that the end product? Do they just reboot with an unconnected new story when they want regular Hulk back?

The hulk with all the exposed joints would just be another cheap looking action figure. Only a hulk statue would look good. Assuming they don't give it a switch out head.

The hulk with all the exposed joints would just be another cheap looking action figure. Only a hulk statue would look good. Assuming they don't give it a switch out head.

That's a good point. I remember Clipperking's review of the original Hulk figure way back when, and he mentioned that he felt profoundly disappointed when he first took it out of the box. That even though it was a perfect representation of the Hulk as he appeared in the first Avengers movie, it still somehow looked like a cheap kids toy. That's just the nature of the Hulk: hardly any clothing to hide the joints, and since his arms and legs are gigantic, the joints look huge too.

OR they could use the same approach to a Hulk upper body that they used on that new Hellboy figure :monkey1

The problem with this idea is it negates all of Banner's character development. His story from Ragnarok through Endgame was meant to be a complete character arc. Do I miss the old Hulk too? Yes. But going backward does a disservice to the characters and turns the movies into fan service.

I really think they are saving this rampage Hulk to the future of the MCU.
Until Thor:Ragnarok Hulk was just a one sided super strong character, after Ragnarok until the beginning of IW Hulk was a triumphant hero, after his first defeat he was teach how to fear, and after endgame now as a balance between Banner and Hulk he made the sacrifice to bring everyone back from the Snap which in the end crippled him.
Now he is in a place which he cant do much to protect the earth, and just like Banner he will start to mental break and go in a rampage when the next villain appears.

I think so too. Falcon next Thursday.

Only thing I'm truly waiting for is Mark 1 diecast.

No, I think he has to be shown on the next episode, then the following week he will be up. WS went up on Tue the 23rd after the premiere on the 19th.

I really think they are saving this rampage Hulk to the future of the MCU.

She-Hulk started production a few days back and both Ruffalo and Roth are in. Perhaps we'll get a savage Hulk flashback; Abomination as well (though I seriously hope that they redesign him for this series).

Was just pondering the future:
FWS - Bucky/Cap Falcon
Loki - Loki
Black Widow - White Widow/Taskmaster
Shang Chi - Shang Chi/Mandarin?
Eternals - Thena(Jolie)?/Ikaris?(Madden)/Black Knight?
What if? - ?
Hawkeye - Hawkeye/Kate Bishop w dog
Ms. Marvel - Kamala Khan
Spiderman: NWH - SMHolland/SMMaguire/SMGarfield
Dr. Strange MM - Dr. Strange/Updated Scarlet Witch?
Moon Knight - Moon Knight
She-Hulk - She-Hulk
Thor: LT - Thor, ThorFoster
Black Panther 2 - New Black Panther
Captain Marvel 2 - Captain Marvel
GOTG Holiday Special - ?
Ant-Man/Wasp 3 - Ant-Man/Wasp
GOTG3 - New team outfits, Adam Warlock?
F4- All four/Doom if present
Secret Invasion - Fury/Talos
Ironheart - RimiIronMan
Armor Wars - War Machine
Blade - Blade
Wakanda - ?
I Am Groot - ?
Cap 4 - Updated Captain America from FWS?

Looks like a lot of money saved!!! Moon Knight and Blade will be mine, but F4 is when the wallet will suffer.

Eternals - Thena(Jolie)?/Ikaris?(Madden)/Black Knight?
I have a feeling it's going to be Kit Harrington's Black Knight and Gemma Chan's Sersi as the main characters. They are traditionally longtime Avengers after all.

Jolie and Hayek as Dark Horse candidates strictly because those might be sellers on name recognition.

You are right, that is a lot of money saved. Surely they won't make all that...

I feel a resurgence of reissues in HTs future.

I think so too. Also would be a good time to delve more into the SW backlog.

I have a feeling it's going to be Kit Harrington's Black Knight and Gemma Chan's Sersi as the main characters. They are traditionally longtime Avengers after all.

Jolie and Hayek as Dark Horse candidates strictly because those might be sellers on name recognition.

I just went with the top two main characters from the descriptions I've read. Agreed with Black Knight but only if he looks unique. If he is just a guy with a sword, I doubt HT will make him at this point. But all of those suits look boring, so the characters better be very interesting and eventful for HT to make.

From Sideshow:

1Capture.JPG

Sideshow’s “coming soon” page is just a graveyard for figures displayed at conventions that never got produced.

Back