1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be able to help here. We won't get Baron Zemo. Safe characters and easily produced variants of safe, armored characters only.

Why are they literally showing the same stuff as yesterday? Weren't Days 1 & 2 supposed to be SW & Marvel? Why is just MANDOMANDOMANDOMANDOMANDOMANDO [...] ? At this point I hate anything Mandalorian related. Where is Revan when you need him?

revan.jpg

Why are they literally showing the same stuff as yesterday? Weren't Days 1 & 2 supposed to be SW & Marvel? Why is just MANDOMANDOMANDOMANDOMANDOMANDO [...] ? At this point I hate anything Mandalorian related. Where is Revan when you need him?

revan.jpg
Posted previously: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday will have "new" stuff at the booth tours, while Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be all-request tours from stuff that was shown on the previous day(s).

You guys got Venompool, Venom Groot, and Iron Strange over actual film characters like Jude Law and Yellowjacket...oh HT got a weird sense of humor! :lol

Posted previously: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday will have "new" stuff at the booth tours, while Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be all-request tours from stuff that was shown on the previous day(s).
Oh, thanks. I checked their Blog and didn't see that, just the Day breakdowns.

I'm still sick and tired of anything Mandalorian. Not expecting anyone else to feel the same, I just have to get it off my chest. And here I thought I was sick of their Iron Man releases...

Oh, thanks. I checked their Blog and didn't see that, just the Day breakdowns.

I'm still sick and tired of anything Mandalorian. Not expecting anyone else to feel the same, I just have to get it off my chest. And here I thought I was sick of their Iron Man releases...
Here you go. If it says "All Request", it's the same booth as the day before.

Sideshow Con 2021: Event Schedule

I find it heavily ironic that people are complaining about Mando releases, yet for the last TEN. YEARS. [or maybe longer?] we have endured a relentless onslaught of what felt like nothing but Marvel releases. Star Wars? Nope! DC? Nopers, my dude. It was Marvel Marvel Marvel, with an extra-heaping portion of Iron Man non-stop. Spidey? Spidey has passed into the realm of slapstick, and let's Venomize erry-damn-thing.

There's a place for everything, and I certainly dont begrudge Marvel fans their offerings. But come on, let's -not- pretend HT has not served Marvel first and foremost for literally years now. 'Cause they did and frankly, still do.

Do you think we’ll see some surprise announcements on Wednesday for Marvel by Hot Toys? Star Wars had a few like Cobb Vanth,Axe Woves and others. I hope we see something cool.

Yes I do.

I think we'll see Loki, Sylvie, Classic Loki, John Walker and either Agatha Harkness or Zemo.

Also, possibly Shang Chi and some What If figures, or something from Eternals.

I'm assuming there'll be more Marvel and DC reveals later this week. And who knows, maybe HT will throw out a bone for one of the other licenses they're sitting on.
For Marvel maybe Loki, Sylvie and John Walker. Although I'd like to also see White Costume Valkyrie, Falcon, Yelena and Milena.
For DC: Cyborg and maybe Darkseid and/or Steppenwolf. I'd also like to see Phoenix Joker, '66 Batgirl, Mera, Black Manta and Orm.
If they do throw out a bone for another license, I'd like to see a Terminator T-800 endo and TX Endo.

I find it heavily ironic that people are complaining about Mando releases, yet for the last TEN. YEARS. [or maybe longer?] we have endured a relentless onslaught of what felt like nothing but Marvel releases. Star Wars? Nope! DC? Nopers, my dude. It was Marvel Marvel Marvel, with an extra-heaping portion of Iron Man non-stop. Spidey? Spidey has passed into the realm of slapstick, and let's Venomize erry-damn-thing.

There's a place for everything, and I certainly dont begrudge Marvel fans their offerings. But come on, let's -not- pretend HT has not served Marvel first and foremost for literally years now. 'Cause they did and frankly, still do.
You can go and check the releases here, from the first to the last: Hot Toys Complete Checklist

Of course Marvel, alongside Batman, had a headstart, but when they got SW and the ST started, I doubt anyone can complain. Every movie brought an avalanche of Troopers. You can check the distribution between the licenses on your own. If I click on Page 16, which goes from September 2015 to December 2015, we've got:
  • 4 Marvel (Nick Fury & 3 Iron Men)
  • 1 One-Off (Stan Lee)
  • 2 Aliens/Predator (Elder Predator & Alien Girl)
  • 13 Star Wars, excluding sets, of which all but 2 (Kylo & Rey) are troopers
I'm not seeing how SW is some ignored stepchild here. Whatever, I'll go to Page 12, closer to now. It's from November 2016 to April 2017:
  • 6 Marvel (2 Iron Men, Rocket, Punisher, Spider-Man, Star-Lord)
  • 4 DC (Arkham Batman & Joker, SS Harley & Batman)
  • 10 SW (4 Troopers, Han Solo Variant, Jyn Erso Variants, R2-D2, K-2SO, Chirrut)
Again, I'm not seeing SW being put on the backburner. I'm not counting double-releases such as two-packs, deluxe & singles and whatnot, I take them as single figures. Still, the point stands. I don't see the reason for any sort of persecution complex. I reckon there'll be pages where it's 10 Marvel and 5 SW with no DC or anything else, but in this discussion, SW is most definitely not ignored as a property.

You're assuming that anyone who cirticises the Mandalorian onslaught must have been a huge Ironfan and was emptying their wallets the moment all those repaints went up for PO. I didn't like that then, I don't like this now. I don't like it because, purely personally, I don't care for the Mandalorians. I've never been some die-hard all-around SW fanatic that consumed literally anything and everything about it as long as it had the logo slapped on. I like SW for the Jedi/Sith/Force. Everything else is secondary and merely window dressing/lore to populate the universe. I don't care about Han Solo or Wedge or the Rebels or whatever else. I like the Sith, the Jedi, the Empire, and bits and pieces from all over, like, say, the Republic Commando game. I don't care for the new canon all that much either. I went through TCW & Rebels, I'm background watching the new shows, but only to see old EU characters pop up so that I can get the figues; that's it. If it's not about sorcerer knights then I don't care. Sometimes I'll like a secondary character that props said sorcerer knights up, but by and large I'm not the type to buy Kuill or whatever that little troll is called.

So naturally, when the things I want to see are put on the backburner, and we get an onslaught of figures from a line I'm not at all interested in, I'm dissapointed. Isn't that true for anyone? I don't see where is the harm in voicing it. You're acting as if all SW fans want Mandalorian figures and I don't get it. You have die-hard PTs & OTs, you have EU vs Canon, so I don't think the average SWfan is some universal collector; the IP's too big for that. Most have their favourites and pick and choose what they want. For me, personally, the Mandalorian and all related things are not my cup of tea. So when they get made over some character I'd prefer, I'm obviously not happy about it. Others are hardcore Rebelsfans, others collect all things Empire. And that's within SW only. With the licenses HT has and the enormous size of pop culture, the combinations of interests are endless.

I don't fault anyone for liking what they like and enjoying their figures. I don't get how anyone would throw 300$ on a character whose screentime/existence is 10 minutes total, but we all have our own favourites. Or just general preferences. I tend to favour the main characters from multiple IPs over buying all the Z-Listers from a single line. I do have my own C/D-Lister favourites, but being primarily a comic book fan, all these characters have decades worth of publication during which they built a story, character and relationships. If we take a really unknown character like Longshot, he's been a part of the X-Verse for 35 years now. I've had time to get to know him, see him interact with the wider universe and build an opinion over him. Granted, some characters exist only for 2 hours of screentime yet are more memorable than many who've existed for decades. That all varies. My point is, some people like a specific something enough to throw money at someone with two speaking lines just to complete the set, others go for the more fleshed out personalities and so on. You're not going to find two collectors with the same exact tastes and wants.

As it stands the figures exist and I don't fault anyone for wanting them and enjoying them. Likewise, I don't see the harm in someone venting about something like the Armourer existing whereas General Kenobi still hasn't gone up for PO. If you want to buy both Boba Fett sets now, then throw money at the same costume again in a couple of months, it's your choice. Maybe you like Boba Fett so much to want it all. Not my business. Iron Man's in my Top 5 comic characters, but I've never been compelled to buy all the figures. Some have bought them. Again, not my business. They sell, a ton, and HT makes them. They're a company, they look to make profit and that's all there is to it. I'm not a fan because to me this scale isn't about army building and generic plastic soldiers. I got into it for the tailoring and headsculpts. Naturally I prefer unique figures over repainted armours. Others don't because they don't see the point in buying a guy in a suit over a cool-looking space guy. I get that and I don't mind it. I'd throw money on 40K figures because I find them much more aesthetically pleasing but they'll never happen so it's a moot point.

All that said, I don't understand why the simple act of posting that I'm tired of Mandalorian figures had such an impact on you. I see maybe two other posts going "man, too many Mandalorians". Why did you take it so personally? You like them, buy them. You'd have an argument if I was going around in all the threads and posting "ew, more bucketheads? ugh #CancelAllMandollectors" or whatever. I've not made a single post in any of the threads about the new figures. Not in the Axe thread, not in the Koska one, not in Cobb's, not in any single thread. Oh, wait, no. I made a post in the Fett & Throne thread saying that I'd rather wait for a release from TBoBF to spread out my POs. So, all things considered, you came in the thread for Marvel, saw some posts going "I sure am tired of these figures", and then got angry about it. And please, don't pull the "I didn't quote you anywhere" card, come on, don't.

What, are we pretending that this is some serious business and we're all going to use our "wish powers" to make sure everyone gets an equal distribution of dollies or whatever? We all want to see what we want to see and screw everyone else. It's toy collecting, it's "**** you, got mine". If I had a choice between a single Hot Toys Kratos and an entire line of LotR figures, well, tough luck to the LotRfans, but I'm choosing my Kratos. Of course we're all self-centered, we're grown men throwing hundreds of dollars/euros on literal dolls. When I see something I want, I'm happy. When it's passed over in favour of things I don't want, I'm unhappy. Simple. I'm not going to go tell X to stop enjoying Y, but I sure wish it was passed over in favour of Z, that I prefer.

For the record, I'll keep exercising my right to vent and post whatever I want, within the confines of the site's guidelines. If I happen to trash some of your favourite dollies, tough break. Maybe you'll get back to me by trashing some of my favourite dollies, on a wholly separate thread, in a throwaway comment, at which point I'll get mad that some random person on the planet doesn't like the same dollies as I do.

Last edited:
Loki has got to be next on the PO reveal this week.

If you think Mando is bad, Spiderman NWH might bring HT back to another onslaught of Marvel releases. Dr. Strange 2 sounds like it is loaded too. I am glad I don't care for really any of the Marvel reveals except for Cyborg Spidey.

You can go and check the releases here, from the first to the last: Hot Toys Complete Checklist

Of course Marvel, alongside Batman, had a headstart, but when they got SW and the ST started, I doubt anyone can complain. Every movie brought an avalanche of Troopers. You can check the distribution between the licenses on your own. If I click on Page 16, which goes from September 2015 to December 2015, we've got:
  • 4 Marvel (Nick Fury & 3 Iron Men)
  • 1 One-Off (Stan Lee)
  • 2 Aliens/Predator (Elder Predator & Alien Girl)
  • 13 Star Wars, excluding sets, of which all but 2 (Kylo & Rey) are troopers
*MASSIVE! SNIPPAGE*

You seem like you'd be fun at parties, given not just this, but the overall tenor of your posts.

I think its probably best to end this right now. Good day to you, sir.

Loki has got to be next on the PO reveal this week.

If you think Mando is bad, Spiderman NWH might bring HT back to another onslaught of Marvel releases. Dr. Strange 2 sounds like it is loaded too. I am glad I don't care for really any of the Marvel reveals except for Cyborg Spidey.
If DS2 gives me flashy sorcerers I'll take it. I'm hoping for a Doctor Fate from Black Adam too, but knowing my luck we'll just get a DS2 Strange with a subpar costume and that'll be it. Spider-Man will continue being milked, such is life. Spider-Man & Batman are eternal cashcows. I'll probably buy a Raimi-Man, but that'll be it Spider-Wise for me. I'm not going to dive into that rabbit hole. Maybe a Goblin or Ock, same as how I'm going to get only a BaleBat & Ledger Joker. 2099 & Beyond to go together if they ever make it in the movies. But I'm not terribly interested in the plastic-esque VGM costumes, I prefer the cloth of the Raimi version. Plus, I'd only be getting it for nostalgia, I'm not much of a Spider-Fan these days. Same with Batman (but he fits the high end 1/6th look more, so there are some stuff that'd tempt me). It's a figure for nostalgia, some omnibuses and I'm done with them. I'm not going deep with Mezcos/MAFEX/Revoltech/etc with them. At least I hope so. A SpOck would make me reconsider since I love the costumes.

Back