Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, but for $2000 it cold look more like Reeve, the sculpt is off in some way. I think I will wait to see if Hot Toys does something with this license.
Congrats to all those who are picking this up though, a nice Superman, even if it is not perfectly Reeves

this did turn out great but with only 500 pieces being made there is going to be alot of unhappy people that are not going to have the oppurtunity of purchasing one. You figure you have quite a few people on this board who are going to purchase one for sure and then those who are hoping to buy one. Then there are those at other forums as well and then not to mention many collectors out there who do not even visit forums. This is going to be a RARE item once it is released.

I would have to agree with you on this one, but I wonder, cause I thought the same about the predator as well and it didnt sell out as fast as I originnalyy thought it would, I do hope everyone who wants one gets one

hahahahaha, the board's all messed up! Anyway, I agree that the likeness could be perfect with only some slight modifications.

Last edited:
The likeness is great, the best human likeness they've done and certainly the best Reeve likeness ever seen.

There are some issues with the costume that they can hopefully address, but this is a most for any Superman: The Movie fan.

I'm very happy with this look. I saw it in person and thought it was amazing. Besides the S on the cape, I like this blue more than the lighter movie blue. It will be mine.

3754705179_2e0f4eded6_o.jpg

I'm very happy with this look. I saw it in person and thought it was amazing. Besides the S on the cape, I like this blue more than the lighter movie blue. It will be mine.

3754705179_2e0f4eded6_o.jpg

Very nice except they need to fix the S. Looks like a sticker.

Yup, minor adjustment. CM said it's not complete so I expect the final product will look great.

I think the likeness is one of Cinemaquette's best. Do they ever tell who their artists are?

It really is. I've seen a lot of Reeve custom projects ranging in different sizes and formats but all fell short by a good amount. This one is absolutely perfect, even if nothing gets changed it'll be the best Reeve likeness done.

Well if these guys are doing this then hopefully Hot Toys does their version of this guy soon, would be a better and more affordable route for me.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Sideshow does not have a DC license.

Unfortunately that explains it all.

Back