Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Blue color is bothering me a bit. The Christopher Reeve suit was a very specific blue, I remember when there was a run for the Superman shirts over on The RPF there was a huge long, lengthy discussion on the exact blue and it was all based on film stills as well as some of the photos of the actual costuming. The blue was very light and in a flash photo should look like this:

ReeveSuperman003v1.jpg

antiquities-caesars-palace-superman-1200x1600.jpg

pih-23-superman-costume.jpg

supermanoutfit.jpg

I'm hoping its one of the things that will be fixed before an actual production piece comes out.

While I agree with the points made above it should be noted that all the costumes in the pictures above (except for the RPF t-shirt and the last picture of the tunic) are fakes. And to justify that sweeping statement, I have some authority on the matter...

https://www.capedwonder.com/newwebsite/pages/superman-costumes.html

The colours referred to above plus the fine details of the costume can be found there plus a gallery illustrating the points.

Thanks to Dave for aquiring these pics - after what seemed an endless wait upon seeing it I have to admit it made me go "Ooooooooh'. It is surely better than anybody could have expected.

Whatever details lack at this early stage the most important thing is that Reeve's spirit is definately embodied in both the pose and the likeness. The cape wiring and pose is inspired and the base is a nice touch.

Amazing about the Reeve licence. Nothing for almost thirty years and then two at once. The likeness/hairstyle is more akin to the thinner/older Reeve from Superman IV. If a large kiss-curl could be fashioned from it it would be a dead ringer for the later scenes of the Donner cut of II. Either way, it is easily the best soon-to-be-commercially-available sculpt to date. The Hot Toys campaign stared on this very board seems to have sadly fallen on deaf ears for now but based on this - the bar is raising.

As for the issues with the accuracy of the costume, yes its the wrong navy blue but that's an easy fix and the casual fan would not even notice as the suit appeared in a thousand blue shades during the movie.

The chest emblem is a sticker and could do with being screen printed - I doubt the method used in the real costume would translate as well in this scale.

The cut of briefs simply need refining - and as for the yellow cape shield it seems to be an afterthought DC Direct started by not including theirs until production. I doubt thanks to us fans Cinemaquette will neglect it for its final run.

So - elated to see the true Superman represented in such dynamic fashion and hope to see more pics!!!

This thing is incredible and I will get the money by any means necessary.That being said,you can bid on my right kidney in the commerce area.

The sculptor on statue forum said this was really rushed to get on display for the show and that there is still plenty of work to do, so I think we'll get a winner with this one.

I agree. Cinemaquette isn't stupid. They know that this will be the piece hunted by not only Superman collectors but also but 80s nostalga brats with money. If it were from The Iron Child, I'd be considering it. They'll chnge the fabric to a lighter color, get the hair as perfect as possible and get as much done as possible before shipping out because all eyes are on them now.

Will this piece sell fast?It being 500 pieces,it must be very limited,but the thing is,are there 500 people willing to shell out 2 grand for it?

That looks great!...way pricey...but it's a really nice piece, even seeing it in it's early life...can't wait to see updated pics when it gets closer to a release...

M.

Nice figure. 2-grand for a toy is a bit ridiculous. I have enough trouble justifying $200 to the wife. Too big anyway ... but certainly worth a look.

SnakeDoc

Nice figure. 2-grand for a toy is a bit ridiculous. I have enough trouble justifying $200 to the wife. Too big anyway ... but certainly worth a look.

SnakeDoc

I agee about the justify part to the wife, I suffer the same dilema but for $2,000 he's actually too small at the 29" height they're saying he is (although he looks taller in the video).

For that price I would've expected him to be between 36" to 40"!

C'mon CM, Superman/Reeve deserves better!

At 29", he's smaller than some if my 1/4 scale pieces!

I agee about the justify part to the wife, I suffer the same dilema but for $2,000 he's actually too small at the 29" height they're saying he is (although he looks taller in the video).

For that price I would've expected him to be between 36" to 40"!

C'mon CM, Superman/Reeve deserves better!

At 29", he's smaller than some if my 1/4 scale pieces!

I see your point about the size when compared to the price. But, honestly, I can't figure where I'd put a two or three foot tall action figure (I have a three-foot tall kid ... and I can't figure where to put her). At that size, it becomes more of a burden than a display piece. A foot. Maybe a foot-and-a-half. Anything bigger becomes obtrusive.

I'll just enjoy the pictures, and await a Hot Toys or Enterbay Chris Reeve Superman -- for a couple of hundred rather than a couple of thousand. I'll be just as happy ... and not have to stare at it and regret spending more on a toy than I did on my first car.

SnakeDoc

I see your point about the size when compared to the price. But, honestly, I can't figure where I'd put a two or three foot tall action figure (I have a three-foot tall kid ... and I can't figure where to put her). At that size, it becomes more of a burden than a display piece. A foot. Maybe a foot-and-a-half. Anything bigger becomes obtrusive.

I'll just enjoy the pictures, and await a Hot Toys or Enterbay Chris Reeve Superman -- for a couple of hundred rather than a couple of thousand. I'll be just as happy ... and not have to stare at it and regret spending more on a toy than I did on my first car.

SnakeDoc

Truth be told, even at 29", as long as they correct the biggest problem with him which is the missing S emblem on his cape, I'll probably get him just because it is a very outstanding piece and at this moment in time the best Reeve-Superman ever BUT he shouldve been taller at the expected price point.

Iron Man 1:2 from SS is 40", Superman deserves no less.

Displaying a 40" statue, one as beautiful as this, is definately no stress for me.

In fact, it's an honor and pleasure to reciprocate all the enjoyment and inspiration Mr. Reeves has given to me and others, I don't mind honoring his performance one bit by splurging on this one item.

His legacy is more than welcome in my household, at 29" or at 40".

The bigger the better though!

However, Nuclear Man is not welcome, only Zod :lol

Truth be told, even at 29", as long as they correct the biggest problem with him which is the missing S emblem on his cape, I'll probably get him just because it is a very outstanding piece and at this moment in time the best Reeve-Superman ever BUT he shouldve been taller at the expected price point.

Iron Man 1:2 from SS is 40", Superman deserves no less.

Displaying a 40" statue, one as beautiful as this, is definately no stress for me.

In fact, it's an honor and pleasure to reciprocate all the enjoyment and inspiration Mr. Reeves has given to me and others, I dont mind honoring his performance one bit by splurging on this one item.

His legacy is more than welcome in my household, at 29" or at 40".

The bigger the better though!

However, Nuclear Man is not welcome, only Zod :lol

said like a true.... I dunno but that was deep!

It is 1/3 scale...height is fine.

24" 1/3 scale = 6 feet 1/1 scale

29" because of the base and pose.

I just hope the do indeed fix the S on the back and the cheap sticker S on the front.

This is a proto so I am sure it will be fine.

I have wanted this for many years....let's hope it works out.

It is 1/3 scale...height is fine.

24" 1/3 scale = 6 feet 1/1 scale

29" because of the base and pose.

I just hope the do indeed fix the S on the back and the cheap sticker S on the front.

This is a proto so I am sure it will be fine.

I have wanted this for many years....let's hope it works out.

Wasn't Chris Reeve 6'4"? Should be 25.3 inches. I'm just saying ...

SnakeDoc

Please keep all your numbers, he should be 36 to 40.

I want less cholesterol, less migraines and less property taxes but not less of Reeve's Superman.

Back