Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God he is awesome, I just don't understand how some ppl can just throw down one or two grand on him like no problem...CM is just way too out of my price range :(

From the pics posted this is will be a great piece, just wish it was closer to 1000 price range...

I'm kind of curious.I know all of the previous cinemaquette releases have been sold through their site,but do you think DC Direct might distribute Supes?I'd imagine it'd be through the cinemaquette site but this is the first DC property they've done,and it seems that DC Comics likes to play things pretty close to home.

I cannot see DC direct coming in and distributing a superman cinemaquette with a total production quantity at only 500 worldwide.

I see what you mean.I have a question though,does Cinemaquette have any payment plans or do you pay for the whole thing when you pre-order or when it comes in?Sorry for all the questions.Very interested in this piece,just have never dealt with cinemaquette before.

I see what you mean.I have a question though,does Cinemaquette have any payment plans or do you pay for the whole thing when you pre-order or when it comes in?Sorry for all the questions.Very interested in this piece,just have never dealt with cinemaquette before.

No payment plans.

It will go on sale in Spring 2010 and will ship within 30 days, assuming you are in the first batch.

Mike Hill did sculpt it as you see here.

That said, CM has already said someone else has done more tweaks to it too, and it looks even more like Reeve now.

No payment plans.

It will go on sale in Spring 2010 and will ship within 30 days, assuming you are in the first batch.

Mike Hill did sculpt it as you see here.

That said, CM has already said someone else has done more tweaks to it too, and it looks even more like Reeve now.

So no preorder in the fall?

And there are batches of delivery?

Come on baby..let it be $1500 so that I can set aside additional $500 for the pedestal and acrylic case for it.

And then I'm going to buy several pedestal/case to get ready for Darth Vader and Batman.

This is from a friend of mine who went to CM directly:

Dude!
Spent about 30mins on the phone with a guy named George at CM just now....he's THE guy over there.
After dropping a little love his way about the Superman statue, he was off n running with information....

First- Supes is only about 70-75% complete! They DID just want to get him out to SDCC and show "us" what they had in the works.
George said the "S" will be silkscreened to his chest, no decal.
He also said "if it were up to us, the "s" will be on the cape". He mentioned that during his research at the WB archives, he saw tons of capes without the "s", but understands they were likely for various "other" shots, and typically, and iconically, the "s" DOES belong there. He said they've made the "s" for the cape, and at this point its whatever the suits at DC and WB says would be the "best" representation of the character.
I told him that as a purist, the "s" HAS to be there, and that I didn't recall a time EVER that it wasn't (up until Routh, which I mentioned). He agreed. Superman is HIS favorite superhero and he wanted to do him before CM got rolling into other "heroes".
George then told me that the base is still being developed (the crystals) as is the face! He said the tweaks of the face look even better than what we have already seen!
Bottom line for the costume and sculpt itself: "...still undergoing some modifications, and will be much better than the great looking model from SDCC."

Purchasing:
George said he hopes to be TAKING ORDERS within 6-7 months from now, SHIPPING in about 8 months...next Spring, but for sure BEFORE next summer.
As long as we're registered on the CM site, we WILL get advance notice on ordering, no question about it.

The edition run will ultimately depend on their out of pocket cost to produce him. They have said "500" to be able to tell the licensing companies, etc something "definitive". The run may be smaller, or larger, depending on what it will take to get their money back...they are not looking to "profit". They are doing these characters "out of love and as a hobby", and thrive off the fans who support them by making purchases.

One of the best things he said (for me, at least) is that CM has ALREADY made a "very generous" contribution to the Christopher Reeve Foundation, and that a portion of each sale will be donated there as well. I told him he hit a home run with that, and he had at least two surefire sales when this is done.

He said if there were any other questions, or to check on the status of things, I could always call back, and also that "official" pics are forthcoming to their site...

I have re-amped my psych-ness for this thing, and now, knowing even pre-ordering isn't for another 6-7 months, I can just keep saving money and when it's time to buy, it's time to fly!!!!

I'm a happy guy right now. This guy was really cool to talk to...it totally sounds like this is a very important piece for him personally, too, and he wants it to be perfect like us...

I'm happy that a portion is going to the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation,it makes you feel good when you know some of your money is going toward a good cause.

I don't know about you,but if they made a Keaton Batman,these would make for a perfect home theater display.

Back