New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Another 3rd person game shown at E3, lol. Pretty brutal like The last of Us.

sounds like the dude says "Laura" at the end of the vid. he also says youre a croft after she says shes not able to do any of this....................either its a prequil or its her sister we never knew about. she looks crazy young. this is the first time im in this discussion. correct me if you guys talked about this already. ive given up on tomb raider after the extremely short underworld game. then the series took a dump IMO.

sounds like the dude says "Laura" at the end of the vid. he also says youre a croft after she says shes not able to do any of this....................either its a prequil or its her sister we never knew about. she looks crazy young. this is the first time im in this discussion. correct me if you guys talked about this already.

Its Lara its just a needed rebooted.

sounds like the dude says "Laura" at the end of the vid. he also says youre a croft after she says shes not able to do any of this....................either its a prequil or its her sister we never knew about. she looks crazy young. this is the first time im in this discussion. correct me if you guys talked about this already. ive given up on tomb raider after the extremely short underworld game. then the series took a dump IMO.
I could be wrong, as it's been a while since I've played the games, but her father was supposed to be this grand explorer and all, right? So, perhaps that's what the "you're a Croft" was referring to?

unveiled box art

557737_10151254350871023_761047143_n.jpg

Don't know where this will end...I adore Lara for what she really was. I am very puzzled about this. From what I 've seen this is not "Tomb Raider". It's an amazing game don't get me wrong but still not "Tomb Raider". Hope I 'll eat my words though.

Don't know where this will end...I adore Lara for what she really was. I am very puzzled about this. From what I 've seen this is not "Tomb Raider". It's an amazing game don't get me wrong but still not "Tomb Raider". Hope I 'll eat my words though.

It does seem more then a little odd to reboot a title called Tomb Raider and not feature a single Tomb. This sounds more like an episode of Man Vs Wild. Tomb Raider envokes the idea of a great adventurer actively setting out to find a lost artifact and get it. Not surviving a boating accident in the woods. The game looks great but the concept isn't making sense atm.

I imagine the stranded on an island with crooks thing is the setting more than the whole story, i bet they're searching for something and she then searces for it to get there first amd thats what starts her career as a fortune hunter

O no here we go. What makes you think it isn't tomb raider?

Tomb Raider is all about that lonely and isolated sense of pure exploring. The thrill of ancient and inhabited tombs and the risk of that few thrown beasts and mythic beings.

Here from what I 've seen so far (which may not be a fair sense of the game but still this is what they give us) I am puzzled about all that consecutively battles against many villains, I see hunting for food or whatever (lol really Square and Crystal? Hunting? Are you for real?) and in general I see sequences in the trailers that drive me straight to Uncharted. It feels so Uncharted-ish.
Now Uncharted series are among my favorite PS3 games but they 've done harm to other ones like this "Survivor is born" because they affect them but in a bad way.

Tomb Raider has started a unique series of games, it has it's own identity which was raped so many times in the past but still had a unique feeling. I don't want to see it get ruined like for example "Resident Evil".

This is a reboot. She's like in her late teens early twenties and also she even said in a trailer she hates tombs. So in this game we will see her evolve into the Lara croft we know. Don't forget uncharted was inspired by tomb raider. This game doesn't even look as scripted or as linear as uncharted.

This is a reboot. She's like in her late teens early twenties and also she even said in a trailer she hates tombs. So in this game we will see her evolve into the Lara croft we know. Don't forget uncharted was inspired by tomb raider. This game doesn't even look as scripted or as linear as uncharted.

Man I hope you are right. These are though my feelings from what I' ve seen so far.

Yes Uncharted was also inspired by Tomb Raider but this is a case where we see how true inspiration can evolve.

But again, hope your optimism will come true.

Back