New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://www.xbox360achievements.org...Reborn-in-GI-s-January-Tomb-Raider-Cover.html

Wow. We suspected that Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics had grand plans for a Tomb Raider reboot, but we never would have pictured it like this. Game Informer's cover for its January 2011 issue, boasting a huge Tomb Raider reveal, has an image of an altogether different Lara Croft, looking tough and stoic with a bloodied and muddied face.

On the back cover is a huge shipwreck and the skies are dark and grey as a storm rages in the background, indicating that things are going to be extremely treacherous and testing for what is essentially a brand new Lara as the Tomb Raider franchise starts from scratch, simply entitled 'Tomb Raider'.

“Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider,” said Crystal Dynamics' Darrell Gallagher. “This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other.”

Game Informer's exposé is a 10-page world-exclusive reveal that looks into the reinvention of Lara as a young and inexperienced woman who must go through some serious physical and emotional trauma as she fights for survival.

Game Informer's January 2011 issue will be hitting newsstands on December 11th.

jan2011coverb7477920.jpg

I'm loving the new look of Lara. LOVING IT!

But I hope it plays well and brings something new to the franchise. :pray:

Remember the first time they attempted at making the Lara Croft character darker and grittier? She wore all black in TR: Angel of Darkness. Now they bloody up her face and she's tough.

Did they have to reboot Lara Croft? Why not just make this a prequel? It's already established that Lara was in a plane crash (somewhere in some mountainous regions) and had to survive. Why change it to a ship?

Well, whatever, I'm still interested.

Last edited:
I'm in....it's just whether i buy it day one or wait for it to be $20.

Received the GI issue in the mail (another amazing cover btw)....sounds like they are going for more realism with everything including weapons....anything that will bring this franchise up from underwater I'm for.

I hope they update the clunky controls...I could hardly play Underworld after playing a game like Uncharted.

She should handle smooth and nimble..very acrobatic...but she doesn't.

I know people get sick of clone games that use the same mechanics of previous titles like all of the games that copied God of War, but I'm kind of hoping that they borrow a few gameplay mechanics from Uncharted for this one.

It's odd that the original Tomb Raider was ground-breaking at the time, and copied by many games. But, it just got bogged down by adding new features.

I've always been interested in the story, but I knew the games sucked (after the first one). I'm very interested in a reboot.

Back