New to collecting batman please help.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graeme1987

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am in the UK and new to this collecting lark . I love batman especially the dark knight triolgy so want to pick up some accurate figures.

Can anyone tell me the best batman figure pref 12" and of course Christian bale version

Joker (heath ledger) am torn between dx01 and 2.0 bank robber or dx11 ??

Sorry to be a pain but also what price I should expect to pay on the secondary market would be helpful. Sorry to ask so many questions . Hope you can help me and thanks in advance for any comments

First of all welcome!

As for Bale Batman it depends on which suit version you like best, if it's the TDK / TDKR suit, the figure that comes with the new Hot Toys Armory is the best 1/6 stock figure to date for sure!

The Joker DX11 is pretty much the most iconic with the purple coat and it's great right out of the box as well and comes with lots of accessories but if you like the opening scene suit better and the iconic clown mask, go for the bank robber 2.0.

Hope that helps you a little.

Hot toys batman Armory is the best Batman. DX11 Joker is the best Joker. Have fun!

I started collecting last year and first bats was 89 Keaton and 89 Batmobile. I have DX01 joker, DX02 bats, Toyfair Bats, Bank Robber Joker 1.0, DX11 joker,and DX12 bats and Armory coming next week. I would go get DX12 since armory came out people are starting to dump theirs, or spring for Armory with Bruce and have a great center piece. DX12 bats sonar eyes really cool looking, but doubt it will be used much. For Joker DX11 for sure. You get the most bang for your buck. Great diorama with the interrogation table. BR Joker 2.0 just not worth the price,hence no purchase for me yet. Just my 2 cents from a bloke across the pond. Also you are entering an addictive and expensive hobby. Cheers mate!

If you're interested in the Begins suit Batman, I'm selling mine currently. I'm within EU (Netherlands), so shipping would not be high, and there are no import fees or taxes. Here's the link: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...hot-toys-mms67-tdk-oc-batman-begins-suit.html

Good figure also. I wanted all 3 movies represented in my collection since suit changed. Do not forget to tell him about the ankle problems with toy fair bats so if yours has busted ankles he won't be like WTF! Just my advice. I sold one on eBay and listed as having typical ankle problem and buyer then tried to demand money back and said I was selling broken figures.

I hope they ruled in your favour since you were up front about it.

I emailed the buyer and also called eBay. I told buyer if you did not do your research or ask me what I meant by typical ankle problem was not my fault. My buy it now price reflected the damaged ankle problem. Some scumbag told me the ankles were fine, so I bought the one I sold to upgrade mine that had one busted ankle joint. I made 40.00 over what I paid, so that helped the sting of getting burned.

Thank u for all inputs . I have seen prices on eBay and boy is it expensive . Think I will have to get the dx 11 joker and prob get the batman with Alfred. What about bane and catwoman . What's a good price on them ? are they any good?

Just so you know, nothing else from the Dark Knight trilogy is currently up for preorder but there hasn't been a Batman Begins suit figure since 2011 and there's never been a DX Begins (i.e. with moveable eyes) so chances are good that there will be one. It's also possible that there'll be a Ra's Al-Ghul figure sooner or later as the oner of Hot Toys, Howard, mentioned they might do him sometime, possibly as an exclusive.

I'll leave those who know about Bane and Catwoman to answer those questions.

Thank u for all inputs . I have seen prices on eBay and boy is it expensive . Think I will have to get the dx 11 joker and prob get the batman with Alfred. What about bane and catwoman . What's a good price on them ? are they any good?

Good choice! You did good!:clap

Bane is excellent, but I wouldn't pay more than $300 for him. I don't own the Catwoman because I don't like her.

:goodpost:

Not to say that the figure I'm selling isn't completely problem free, but I've explained all of it in detail in the thread as well.
IMG_1325_small (1).jpg
:rock2

Dayum, that looks really nice man.

I would not pay more than 325.00 for bane. I got him used for around 250.00 USD. I bought Catwoman new and sealed in shipper for around 215.00 shipped. She looks just like Anne Hathaway. Dead on. Glad I got her. If you could score her for around 275.00 great buy. Two Face is not worth the crazy money people are asking.I paid 425.00 usd for him, but I am kind of a completest though.

Timewalkertoys.com has AC Play's 1/6 scale City Prosecutor Set features a unique and realistic character head sculpt, blue suit jacket and trousers, white shirt, tie, leather belt and shoes, and a coin. You can buy both versions plus a two face head and still be cheaper than buying hot toys version. I preordered blue suit to have Dent displayed with 2 face. Also Lucious Fox 2nd version up for preorder. I have the CEO first Lucious and he looks great. Also S.W.A.T. Gordon is nice, but since 2 pack coming with Gordon, Blake and Batsignal pass unless you can get him for mis 200's. Collecting this line is a slippery slope.

I started late also and bought DX11, DX12, Catwoman and Bane.
What I paid for them
DX11 $300
DX12 $220 shipped
Catwoman 230 shipped
Bane $310 shipped
Came out to a little over a grand. Im passing on Two Face unless it gets a rerelease or I get a cray good deal on it. Im going for BR Joker 2.0 next and then the armory with Al and Bruce and that will be my Nolan collection unless HT releases a Ra's and rereleases Two Face and Scarecrow.

Better carbon fiber detailing on the back of the legs.

The Leg plates are a bit "shinier", whether that's better or not is debatable.

Some say the carbon fiber is also more clear, don't know yet for myself.

Back