1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an iphone shot of OT's early version pieces (head and shoulders) on the left compared to his most recent versions on the right. The headsculpt has seen minor tweaks, with the biggest changes being the custom made eyes and mouthplate. The shoulder pads are now a bit larger and cover more upper arm area leaving less gaps. The differences are subtle, so an upgrade if you have his earlier versions may not be necessary. But I had several bodies, so I wanted a few extra to tinker with. I'm of two minds. I like the new larger size, but I still like the somewhat more rounded shape of his prior pair, though perhaps the new shape is more accurate. I still need one more custom cape.

Hopefully some of these pieces can be easily transferred to future bodies from HT and IA. I mean the new sculpt really is top shelf, and given it has his own version of PERS, I don't see it becoming obsolete any time soon.

IMG_2832.JPG

Last edited:
Okay so after some trial and error, the best approach for me has been to replace the two elastic pieces inside the torso armor with one single piece of 1/4 inch elastic, essentially connecting what was once two pieces of elastic. This joins the elastic to both sides of the torso armor. Then I attach the shoulder pad to this. Let me get a pic.
Thanks for this. Gonna give it a try with the shoulder pads. Did you source your replacement elastic bands from anywhere in particular? Seems to match with the ones used on the figure perfectly in terms of thickness and size.

Yeah, I ordered from Amazon. It's 1/4 inch wide. It's just a tad wider than the stock elastic, which was roughly 3/16 in. But the 1/4 gives a bit more surface area to work with, and is hidden under the armor anyways. Here's the product link: Amazon.com

Another trick for proper alignment is to get the elastic glued onto the chest/back plate first and put it on the body. Then place the shoulder pad on it and get it into a position you like. Then use some tape to secure the pad in place. Next remove the armor, and glue the elastic to the underside of the shoulder pad while it's still taped in place on the chestpiece. Once the glue is dry you can remove the tape. Everything should line up nicely once you put the armor back on now.

Once you get then hang of it, it's pretty breezy. Plus, you only need the smallest dab of superglue to affix the elastic to the plastic, since it adheres so well. Which also means if you need to pull if off and try again, there's not much mess.

Thanks for this. Gonna give it a try with the shoulder pads. Did you source your replacement elastic bands from anywhere in particular? Seems to match with the ones used on the figure perfectly in terms of thickness and size.

Here's an iphone shot of OT's early version pieces (head and shoulders) on the left compared to his most recent versions on the right. The headsculpt has seen minor tweaks, with the biggest changes being the custom made eyes and mouthplate. The shoulder pads are now a bit larger and cover more upper arm area leaving less gaps. The differences are subtle, so an upgrade if you have his earlier versions may not be necessary. But I had several bodies, so I wanted a few extra to tinker with. I'm of two minds. I like the new larger size, but I still like the somewhat more rounded shape of his prior pair, though perhaps the new shape is more accurate. I still need one more custom cape.

Hopefully some of these pieces can be easily transferred to future bodies from HT and IA. I mean the new sculpt really is top shelf, and given it has his own version of PERS, I don't see it becoming obsolete any time soon.

View attachment 680995
i think the 1rst ver. looks better

if only OT wasn't so troublesome to deal with

It's a tough call for me. Though I hear what you're saying. But, to me at least, the revised pair do appear more accurate in size compared to the film suit. In hand they're no bulkier, just about 15 percent longer. The bulk is just in how they're positioned. they fit/lay identically to the older pair. Once the cape is installed they look nearly identical. On the film used suit, the pauldrons definitely cover more of the bicep plate, which the newer pair from OT do much better given the slightly lengthened shape. I think HT's bicep plate is just too thick and wonky, and sticks out funny compared to the actual suit, which throws off the silhouette.

852acfbda0826608613ba3627b4b223d.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

So I took all my extra DX19 and OT custom bits and made another figure. This time I modded a spare DX19 head to fit the OT neck. The new shoulders and neck do help the HT head look more believable, though not my favorite compared to OT's. I've also went down the torso of each to the crotch centering and regluing down plates so they sit more flush and properly aligned. So now I've got a whopping three HT/OT bodies, but I honestly just like modding these for the fun experience of it. So now I guess I've got back ups, lol.

I think, if anything, I'm looking forward to HT's new version so I can steal the gauntlets and hands for a more accurate TDKR look.

DSCF6286-2.jpg

DSCF6277-2.jpg

DSCF6272-2.jpg

Love your BaleBat pics Rory

fantastic work with those mods , probably you have the best batman on this forum

my dream is to get one of those 1/4 scale neck and sculpt from OT but to be honest I dont see that happening any time soon

The 1/4 scale OT bits are a beauty man. It's my favorite 1/4 figure at the moment. Once I had the initial mods done to it, I didn't touch it for fear of spoiling a one of kind piece. The headsculpt is bonkers.

Love your BaleBat pics Rory

fantastic work with those mods , probably you have the best batman on this forum

my dream is to get one of those 1/4 scale neck and sculpt from OT but to be honest I dont see that happening any time soon

Just picked up a DX19 re-release for $160 but does have some scratches on the leg and the hands have been trimmed down .
Anyone have any recommendations on covering up the scratches ?
I may just wait to pose it on the Bat-Pod once I can get one .
View attachment 689869View attachment 689871
Check if you can take it off with water if not a quick paint job with an airbrush will be enough

Back