New to 1/6, question about "long neck" head sculpts.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Android 20

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Looking to do a bash on a DID body but ran into custom painted resin heads from East Asia that are described as having a "long neck". I assume these heads will work fine on a 1/6 DID neck joint? Will they look awkward or is there enough clearance for the neck to lower down?

In which case what advantage does a "long neck" feature?

Example
Bruce Willis IN DIE Hard Custom Handmade Long Neck 1 6 Scale Figure Head | eBay

It might be saying the neck is longer than normal to accommodate for layered clothing - the more layers, the longer the neck needs to be to look right. In that case, it'd be an advantage...not sure why a Die Hard custom would need that though.

If the neck IS too long and looks like a giraffe, all you have to do is trim it down some. No biggie.

It might be saying the neck is longer than normal to accommodate for layered clothing - the more layers, the longer the neck needs to be to look right. In that case, it'd be an advantage...not sure why a Die Hard custom would need that though.

If the neck IS too long and looks like a giraffe, all you have to do is trim it down some. No biggie.

I see, thanks for the info. I guess just sand it down worst case. At this point I need to decide whether I trust their stock images for the paint work.

Back