New TMNT movie by Seth Rogan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh I honestly don’t care about that. She changes in each iteration they come out with. I don’t know why they made her obese but she’s a fun character. In the 03 series she was a red head and in the 2012 series she was a teen. She never is consistent

The animation style looks great, I would have preferred this style for the spiderverse films.

I was thinking it was the Spiderverse style since that's the new rage, but it's different?

I was thinking it was the Spiderverse style since that's the new rage, but it's different?
Much rougher around the edges than the Spiderverse animation. Almost looks like unfinished concept art. For example, the explosions look like a child has scribbled a big mess on a piece of paper. It looks fantastic!

Overall I enjoyed the film. It's definitely a kids film with just enough in it for adults and plenty for TMNT fans.

Turtles are done well. A few things here and there I'd do differently but that's personal opinion.

Jackie Chan's Splinter was the standout for me. Closely followed by Ice Cube's Superfly and the other mutants.

Soundtrack is awesome.

A huge improvement over Bay's turtles. This universe of TMNT has lots of potential.

Stay for the mid-credits scene. 👀

Eh I honestly don’t care about that. She changes in each iteration they come out with. I don’t know why they made her obese but she’s a fun character. In the 03 series she was a red head and in the 2012 series she was a teen. She never is consistent

That's always the line in question whenever these IP retreads surface: which characters are "acceptable" to change? How much can you change on a character before it ceases to be that character?

n8LanAs.jpg

Going to see it on Sunday. It’s definitely Spider-Verse inspired in it’s animation, as was Puss in Boots The Last Wish.

The director is one of the directors of The Mitchells vs. the Machines, which was a really good animated movie. I’m not the biggest Turtles fanboy but it does look fun.

I'm so old. I'm so old and out of touch with the "youth" of today.

Watching clips of this movie makes me feel like the guys in the "21 Jump Street" remake. I just don't get what kids are into these days at all.

I don't like this style of animation. I don't like how ugly every single character is. I can't fathom why kids would want to watch a movie with such ugliness, but then again, when I was a kid I collected Garbage Pail Kids and my parents thought they were repulsive. And they were!

I can't believe I started out the same age as Bart Simpson in the 80s. Then over the years I became Homer. Now I'm pretty much Abe Simpson, all the time, about everything.

On the other hand, does anyone really WANT to be in touch with the youth of today?

1689606992686-untitled-design-37.jpeg

You don’t have to remind us you’re old in every post😂😂. Believe us . We can tell. And you seem to be in the know with the youth today if you know who that is.

She’s making money too tho. I’m about act like an npc on live to and make 30k a night. Times is hard. College ain’t it no more. Lol

That's always the line in question whenever these IP retreads surface: which characters are "acceptable" to change? How much can you change on a character before it ceases to be that character?

n8LanAs.jpg
They are teenage.
They are mutant.
They are ninja.
They are TURTLES.

It was pretty good. Certainly not my favorite iteration of the turtles, but I didn't go into it expecting it to be.

As others have said Splinter was very much so the standout of the film. Great version of the character. The turtles themselves were less offensive than I thought they were going to be, Donnie's voice is still pretty bad but oh well. The dynamic between them was great, but the individual characterization of them was lacking-- also not a fan of having Leonardo have a crush on April(hated it with Donatello in the 2012 series, hate it here, too.)

April was alright. I think she was surprisingly funny at times, but I still think her character works far better when she's older than the turtles and plays a more maternal role.

Baxter was wasted. Most of the "villains"(can't really call most of them that tbh) outside of Super Fly felt like afterthoughts. Like Seth Rogen just wanted to throw a bunch of nostalgic mutants on the posters but didn't think to give much substance to any of them. Mondo Gecko was cool but that's about it. Bebop, Rocksteady, Gender-flipped Leatherhead, etc. didn't do much of anything other than have a few lines.

The movie itself looked great, the style and animation itself was awesome BUT some of the character design choices themselves were really off-putting. Some of the ugliest designs I've seen in anything tbh lol. Which hey, I guess is intentional but eh. Soundtrack also could have been a lot better.

It'll be interesting to see where this universe goes. It's important to remember we'll most likely be seeing the tv series premiere before any sequel to the movie.

After seeing this it was okay…but as a TMNT purist…you can see TMNT is not a standout without Shredder and the Foot …sorry :chase

It was pretty good. Certainly not my favorite iteration of the turtles, but I didn't go into it expecting it to be.

As others have said Splinter was very much so the standout of the film. Great version of the character. The turtles themselves were less offensive than I thought they were going to be, Donnie's voice is still pretty bad but oh well. The dynamic between them was great, but the individual characterization of them was lacking-- also not a fan of having Leonardo have a crush on April(hated it with Donatello in the 2012 series, hate it here, too.)

April was alright. I think she was surprisingly funny at times, but I still think her character works far better when she's older than the turtles and plays a more maternal role.

Baxter was wasted. Most of the "villains"(can't really call most of them that tbh) outside of Super Fly felt like afterthoughts. Like Seth Rogen just wanted to throw a bunch of nostalgic mutants on the posters but didn't think to give much substance to any of them. Mondo Gecko was cool but that's about it. Bebop, Rocksteady, Gender-flipped Leatherhead, etc. didn't do much of anything other than have a few lines.

The movie itself looked great, the style and animation itself was awesome BUT some of the character design choices themselves were really off-putting. Some of the ugliest designs I've seen in anything tbh lol. Which hey, I guess is intentional but eh. Soundtrack also could have been a lot better.

It'll be interesting to see where this universe goes. It's important to remember we'll most likely be seeing the tv series premiere before any sequel to the movie.
Yeah Donny’s tween voice was really annoying..but it was a revamp and a new start…but the sequel better have him have a more mature voice or recast the kid

I know it’s NY based…but there is only so much I can stand with soundtrack based songs covering rap.. it’s 2023 for crying out loud

This film is strictly made to be an appeal to the new generation of TMNT fans and for the purists…if they really loved this..well..to each there own

But hands down , this does not standup to ATSV like people are saying…Spiderverse was on a mountain with just the story. Alone .sorry critics to praised this new TMNT flick

Last edited:
I thought the music in this was pretty good. Also I noticed this film has more cursing than the 1990 movie 😂

I thought the music in this was pretty good. Also I noticed this film has more cursing than the 1990 movie 😂
Eh it got too repetitive by the final act and they overkilled it and yeah you are right about the cursing :LOL:

I think aside from Spiderverse…I think Hollywood overhyped a lot of the movies… I liked Flash, but it didn’t deliver in the box office, TLM was disappointing…Transformers is Transformers and Barbie was good but a bit one sided in the theme of we all know what they were saying and now TMNT is too different that the story really lacked substance

This wasn’t the summer for superheroes to shine …movies like Oppenheimer and MI were the real winners IMO with exception of Spiderverse

Last edited:
Back