NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it today in person, looked good, not as good as I would have hoped hut good nonetheless. Head ddn;t eem so small in person, quite a good likeness, paint could be better and I just wish the suit was a little nicer and fit a bit better especially in the shoulders. Still don;t like the cat, it's nice overall I think Enterbay's seems better but I will reserve until I see in hand pics of both, I thought i was going to order Enterbay but its still the best idea to wait until a Freak actually owns one and can take pics.

Mine is suppose to arrive today. It is 4:30 and I am still waiting. Seems like when I am expecting a package that I am excited about, UPS takes forever.

That is the dang truth! Like that Tom Petty song says, "The waiting is the hardest part".

Saw it today in person, looked good, not as good as I would have hoped hut good nonetheless. Head ddn;t eem so small in person, quite a good likeness, paint could be better and I just wish the suit was a little nicer and fit a bit better especially in the shoulders. Still don;t like the cat, it's nice overall I think Enterbay's seems better but I will reserve until I see in hand pics of both, I thought i was going to order Enterbay but its still the best idea to wait until a Freak actually owns one and can take pics.

If you're on the fence, I think that's pretty smart. I'm totally sold on the HT Don, I must be the one person whose coat shoulders look totally proper. Just basing my opinion on the few pics Enterbay has shown, I think their Don's head looked too puffy. Nut that I am, I really want Enterbay's Dragonball figures, though.

This is pretty much the greatest figure ever. The ONLY disappointment is that the backdrop doesn't fit in my Detolf.

I realized you could tighten the screw on the bottom of the chair, so that helps. The Don had trouble sitting up in his chair cuz it would always flop backwards.

Coolest action figure of a guy playing with a kitty EVER!!

Oh no! So many of us have Detolfs!

Too tall? Too wide? Other?

From what I heard the backdrop is about 16.5" tall whereas the Detolfs maximum height is 15"

Sucks, I really didn't want to have to display this one on top of the Detolf but it looks like I have no choice.

Is the chair back heavy, meaning does the back make it always want to lean way backwards?

- Alan

It's not back heavy, it's just that when you put the figure in the chair it has a tendency to lean enough where the figure's feet don't sit flush on the ground....less than an ~ 1/2 inch BTW. But as mentioned earlier, a simple tighten of the screw fixes that right up.

Are you guys going to display with or without the backdrop?

Honestly, I'm leaving the backdrop in the package for it's own protection. I have most of my HT figures posed on my desktop (large office type of desk) so I really don't have room for the backdrop anyway. I do have the Don on the carpeted base, though.

Honestly, I'm leaving the backdrop in the package for it's own protection. I have most of my HT figures posed on my desktop (large office type of desk) so I really don't have room for the backdrop anyway. I do have the Don on the carpeted base, though.

Drizzle, did you ever post pics of your setup? Sorry I have the memory of a senior citizen. :D

If you have the exclusive hat, a nice way to include it in your display is to hang the hat on one of the chair's top corners. That's what I did.

Drizzle, did you ever post pics of your setup? Sorry I have the memory of a senior citizen. :D

No, I haven't! Give me a few minutes, I'll snap a pic of my desktop and post it here. :D

desk.jpg

And there it is. Sorry the Don looks so small, just thought it might be neat to show off the whole desktop.

Last edited:
Thanks Drizzle, that actually looks awesome .............. i'm now more intrigued by the case holding your TDK stuff :D Do you have some sort of scene setup inside?

Sorry I like pictures :D

Thanks Drizzle, that actually looks awesome .............. i'm now more intrigued by the case holding your TDK stuff :D Do you have some sort of scene setup inside?

Sorry I like pictures :D

It's cool, thanks! Yeah, it basically looks like an old warehouse inside. I have both my Harvey Dents, Batman, and original Joker with BR head in there. I'll try to take some pictures of it sometime soon, and make a thread in the general section. :D

That's a cool setup, Drizzle! What is the figure (in the yellow outfit) sitting next to your laptop? I can't be sure but is that a repainted BR Joker grinning head?

No, I haven't! Give me a few minutes, I'll snap a pic of my desktop and post it here. :D

desk.jpg

And there it is. Sorry the Don looks so small, just thought it might be neat to show off the whole desktop.

Back