New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats subject to debate though. He probably had the most embarrassing death. He was from the best movie and took out top military guys but his kills were all basically sniper shots or death blows by the wrist blades to put fatally wounded prey out of its misery.

you have a point. I think a film that strictly follows the frame work of the original with some more creative kills and a more glorious death at the end could surpass the original. You would also need a better cast of action stars similar to the original. I mean if they can squeeze 10+ action stars in to an expendables film I think they could produce altleast three or four in a serious predator sequal.

And none of that is canon.

Predators just don't kill pregnant women because that's not fun. They won't kill an unarmed wounded person because that's just cheap.

They like a challenge. They love the idea that whatever they're hunting CAN and COULD kill them.

But all this BS about them having this honor code always bugs me. I used to love it when I was younger, but it's just so silly now. Plus it goes against the first 2 films.

If the Predator really believed in honor, why is he always invisible? That's not honorable. Sniping people from a far distance under cover is as far from honorable as you can get.

Based on what? What is canon and what isnt? It says What we know from the movies and what we know from the comics/books.

If you look at the first movie for "canon" then it is true. P1 uses the same level of force that Dutch and Co. use. They have camo on, P1 has his "camo" stealth. They have projectile weapons, the P1 has his. Hes matching them. When Billy stands on the log and decides to go 1:1 with P1 with his machete, P1 uses his blades. When Dutch is bare boned, no weapons no camo, The P1 takes him on 1:1 fist to fist. He even takes off his helmet to face him face to face. Its highly based on honor. You take away the Predator Code/Honor they are nothing more than a bunch of Alien Monsters. The Code/Honor system is what makes them so damned interesting.

Berserker n crew are a different yautja type altogether...they are as the filmmakers described as wolves are in relation to domesticated dogs.

Doesnt mean they can or cant go by the same set of "laws". Some things may be different but the core laws have to play into effect some way or another. Maybe that is why there is that "blood feud" after all, because those Super Predators stopped playing by the rules? Who knows. :dunno

Canon is the films. Only the films. The comic books, and novels all contradict each other too much. And since there is no "George Lucas" overlord to tell us what is and what isn't canon, it's just best to keep the films the way they are. The books are all ____ing stupid any way.

I think the fact that they're space hunters who are fairly intelligent, and cunning makes them far more interesting then space samurai.

And taking off all the gear, and just getting down and dirty with the prey entertained the Predator. He seemed to get off on the idea of beating the ____ out of this guy. He gave him respect. They do give respect. Perhaps a touch of honor. But they're not creatures who have this silly little code book. I never liked that. They hunt the same way we hunt. Pretty much almost exactly.

Doesnt mean they can or cant go by the same set of "laws". Some things may be different but the core laws have to play into effect some way or another. Maybe that is why there is that "blood feud" after all, because those Super Predators stopped playing by the rules? Who knows. :dunno

That was the point. They killed everyone. Armed, unarmed...threat, no threat. They were just murderers who didn't enjoy the thrill of the hunt. They didn't care about sport.

Based on what? What is canon and what isnt? It says What we know from the movies and what we know from the comics/books.

If you look at the first movie for "canon" then it is true. P1 uses the same level of force that Dutch and Co. use. They have camo on, P1 has his "camo" stealth. They have projectile weapons, the P1 has his. Hes matching them. When Billy stands on the log and decides to go 1:1 with P1 with his machete, P1 uses his blades. When Dutch is bare boned, no weapons no camo, The P1 takes him on 1:1 fist to fist. He even takes off his helmet to face him face to face. Its highly based on honor. You take away the Predator Code/Honor they are nothing more than a bunch of Alien Monsters. The Code/Honor system is what makes them so damned interesting.

I'm glad you touch on the importance of there honor code. I often feel this is why we are all so ridiculously obsessed with predator. I meen come on its a monster with a code

But all this BS about them having this honor code always bugs me. I used to love it when I was younger, but it's just so silly now. Plus it goes against the first 2 films.

If the Predator really believed in honor, why is he always invisible? That's not honorable. Sniping people from a far distance under cover is as far from honorable as you can get.
I've grappled with this a bit myself. They won't kill an unarmed woman, but Predator has no problem shooting a guy in the head as he is crawling around and trying to sneak up on the Predator. Or shooting an injured, harmless man in the head as he's being carried away.

What I figure is that this was originally intended to be an analogy to contemporary human hunters. They want "challenges" of a sort, but only to an extent. There is not a genuine threat to their life in most cases, but they still want to feel that adrenaline rush of connecting with something akin to what their early ancestors felt when they went out hunting. The refusal to kill unarmed prey is similar to a human refusing to kill a wounded buck. It creates a code of sorts, but seems pretty arbitrary when you consider that a healthy bucks pose no more threat to them than an injured one. It just presents a bit more of a challenge.

McTiernan sometimes added touches to his films that delved a bit below the surface level (not too deep, but. . .) and this may have been one of those cases. Of course, the Predator franchise jumped the shark right after P1, so I'm not taking any of those other movies into account here.

I'd love that to happen and the more I look at the Wolf the more I want a big 1 4th and it would be great to redo ours and see him come out with P2, and the Elder. Hopefully Tsang will do a great job on the HT one. I'm so hoping he will improve because even though I think the Predators sculpts are great but they still need to be more accurate. I can't wait to see these new HT figures and one thing for sure is these will be way better than those way skinny ones from the past. I've always liked the larger scale way better than 1/6th.

Tankman, have HT 1/4 Announce any influence one the 1/4 Plans of Neca ?

Are a Neca 1/4 City Hunter are dead ?

Thats Exactly why he looses bad ass points.

It's a better way to die then getting hit in the head by a tree stump.:lecture

All preds die in the movies so a progression of getting injured and slowly meeting their end is better then being fine one second then dead the next. Like the tree stump ending the game for the first pred.

I've grappled with this a bit myself. They won't kill an unarmed woman, but Predator has no problem shooting a guy in the head as he is crawling around and trying to sneak up on the Predator. Or shooting an injured, harmless man in the head as he's being carried away.

What I figure is that this was originally intended to be an analogy to contemporary human hunters. They want "challenges" of a sort, but only to an extent. There is not a genuine threat to their life in most cases, but they still want to feel that adrenaline rush of connecting with something akin to what their early ancestors felt when they went out hunting. The refusal to kill unarmed prey is similar to a human refusing to kill a wounded buck. It creates a code of sorts, but seems pretty arbitrary when you consider that a healthy bucks pose no more threat to them than an injured one. It just presents a bit more of a challenge.

McTiernan sometimes added touches to his films that delved a bit below the surface level (not too deep, but. . .) and this may have been one of those cases. Of course, the Predator franchise jumped the shark right after P1, so I'm not taking any of those other movies into account here.

You hit that on the head. With a giant log.

Also, the Predator really isn't that tough. All you gotta do is get it pissed off, and cocky, and you can pretty much blindside him.

95% of all the Predator deaths came from that reason. :lol

Canon is the films. Only the films. The comic books, and novels all contradict each other too much. And since there is no "George Lucas" overlord to tell us what is and what isn't canon, it's just best to keep the films the way they are. The books are all ____ing stupid any way.

I think the fact that they're space hunters who are fairly intelligent, and cunning makes them far more interesting then space samurai.

And taking off all the gear, and just getting down and dirty with the prey entertained the Predator. He seemed to get off on the idea of beating the ____ out of this guy. He gave him respect. They do give respect. Perhaps a touch of honor. But they're not creatures who have this silly little code book. I never liked that. They hunt the same way we hunt. Pretty much almost exactly.

OK. "Films only" then. I still got that the Predator species has a code of honor just from watching the first two films. The P1 got cocky at the end and it was his ultimate failure. And in admitting defeat, sacrificed himself because he failed. He obeyed the rules of the hunt. P2, after Harrigan defeated the City Hunter, the Elder presented him with a gift to honor his win. To honor the code of the hunt. This is obviously shown in both original films. I didnt need to read any of the books or comics to figure that out. Just because you dont like the honor/code bit does not mean its not there. They hunt similar to Humans sure, but that is their entire lifestyle/belief system. Its ALL ABOUT THE HUNT.

No, he was running from the best cop L.A. has ever seen.
A true, muscled up badass, who has taken out dozens of armed men throughout his life...Danny

Exactly :lecture. Yes Danny was no Arnold, but l think he was a great choice. People sum up Pred 2 by saying "it's a pred movie where the pred gets killed by an old black guy", Well maybe to a degree, but most people saying that would get their ass kicked by him in a fight at that time.

And in admitting defeat, sacrificed himself because he failed. He obeyed the rules of the hunt.
I'm pretty sure he blew himself up as a revengeful, last ditch effort to kill Dutch. Hence the maniacal laughter :lol But also to remove evidence of his existence on the earth, which could have been a kind of honor thing, trying to keep humans in the dark so that future hunters wouldn't have a disadvantage from humans learning their biological weaknesses, reverse engineering their weaponry, even discovering where they come from in order to theoretically launch attacks against their home planet, etc.

P2 doesn't count to me.

I'm pretty sure he blew himself up as a revengeful, last ditch effort to kill Dutch. Hence the maniacal laughter :lol But also to remove evidence of his existence on the earth, which could have been a kind of honor thing, trying to keep humans in the dark so that future hunters wouldn't have a disadvantage from humans learning their biological weaknesses, reverse engineering their weaponry, even discovering where they come from in order to theoretically launch attacks against their home planet, etc.

P2 doesn't count to me.

Oh I agree it was a last ditch effort to kill Dutch, but I think its also kinda a Predator Code/Rule that if you fail during the hunt: You go BOOM.

He seemed mortally wounded, though, so it was also more humane than him just suffering for awhile before dying anyway. In that sense, he is. . .sort of rewarding himself. :lol

I'm not denying that this may been the rationale behind Predator behavior in other films. But in P1, I don't see any evidence to suggest that you kill yourself if you fail to succeed in the hunt.

He seemed mortally wounded, though, so it was also more humane than him just suffering for awhile before dying anyway. In that sense, he is. . .sort of rewarding himself. :lol

I'm not denying that this may been the rationale behind Predator behavior in other films. But in P1, I don't see any evidence to suggest that you kill yourself if you fail to succeed in the hunt.

None at all. All that nonsense came after Predator 2. And those stupid Yautja Novels.

I just dont like badass being thrown around with him when his feats of badassery are taken away at the end by him showing how truly green he was therefor making his prior kills look more like reckless assaults because now you have seen him under pressure you do not think he could actually pull it off.

And yeah Harrigan was an awesome cop. I am not treating him like a normal guy. But P2 had all the cards in his favour but he pissed them all away out of either stupidity or recklessness which is why it grinds my gears all the times he has praised for being the most bad ass.

Young and or just cocky people do this all the time, plus every pred has to die in the movies and this is a good way of making mistakes that lead to that. Every pred needs to screw up somewhere along the way to end up dead at the end.

I feel the predators get worse and worse with each sequel, with exception to the wolf predator who was pretty badass..

Wolf Predator was the stupidest pred design of all, very ugly, not to mention he comes form the worst film of all of them. Enough said.

There are only 2 pred movies to me, 1 and 2. Same with the Alien movies, there are only the first 3 and for me they end there.

.I do believe he got spooked and felt safer running back to the clan, but I also believe half of it was to show off..always got that feeling.

I don't think so. A pred would show off with a bag of skulls not a missing arm, beat up and full of bullet holes. That's a quick way to get made fun of.

Back