New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have supported the GB line since day one. I have subbed every year. The year my sub was canceled all of the other subs got extensions to see if they met minimum requirements but not GB. Of course they then upped the day of sale price from the cheaper sub price.

They didn't give us a base, proton streams and removable packs as stranded even though the base and proton stream was tooled.

They had to use 80% of the entire year's budget (keeping in mind Mattel is the largest toy manufacture in the world) to tool ONE brand new figure a year out of SIX.

Constant delays in the release schedule. One 100% new tooled figure had to remove all articulation from it and made it a con exclusive.

The worst insult was they were making crap and WE the FANS were blamed for not buying it. Clearly it's the fans fault for not buying this garbage.

I'm tired of Matty's lies and BS. The sooner they lose the license the sooner somebody else can pick up the license and make good products.

F-U Matty!

Are the designers at Mattel really that dumb to not think ahead of possible vehicles?

I can only surprise that they did it intentionally because it would then force people to buy the team all over again if and when the Ecto was released. I'd say it backfired big time though. Not having removable packs reduced the value of these figures, and since they were $30 after shipping that extra bit of value would have helped people who were on the fence to pull the trigger on them. Also the fact that people now need to buy new $25 figures to interact with the Ecto is definitely turning interested buyers away from it.

I think Mattel should throw in those packless GB figures for free as a pre-order bonus. That's why people pre-order, not because they are being threatened every year.

This absolutely. There's currently no benefit in pre-ordering other than the fact that you're helping to get it made. There's not even a $5 savings in buying the car and figures as a set. Matty's greed is ridiculous. They expect people to pay $25 each for figures that are barely different from what they already have? They couldn't even be bothered to fix Ray's head, nor throw in a pair of ecto goggles for him.

OK, meter has been updated...
this isn't happening... :(

Ecto1_600x600_8_1.jpg

Anyone on the fence Scott had this to say in an ask Matty

"if you are unhappy with the progress or what you see we can arrange to cancel. But keep in mind if you cancel you can't get back in!"

So really there is no harm in pre-ordering. Even if you don't want one you can pre-order to help the rest of us out and just cancel.

Then what's the point of reaching a goal?
So if they reach the goal and let's say 25% aren't happy with it and cancel it's still getting made?
Was this just to gauge if there was interest?

There is interest. I'm just not interested in the bull**** way of producing these pieces.
I don't want to order then decide if I like it once it's produced. Show what it's going to look like. Don't tell it might have this or that, but it could lose this or that.

Then what's the point of reaching a goal?
So if they reach the goal and let's say 25% aren't happy with it and cancel it's still getting made?
Was this just to gauge if there was interest?

There is interest. I'm just not interested in the bull**** way of producing these pieces.
I don't want to order then decide if I like it once it's produced. Show what it's going to look like. Don't tell it might have this or that, but it could lose this or that.

If it reaches goal they don't really have a choice, they'll have to make it regardless of how many people cancel later on. They apparently feel they can keep people from cancelling with their standard Matty fear tactics "If you cancel you can't ever buy one from us". If you have even the slightest bit of interest there's no harm in pre-ordering. Better to help get it made and decide you don't want it than to do nothing and then wish it had gotten made.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/matt...o-pre-payment-required-more/10151639212063401

"You will have the chance to cancel if you don’t like how the toy is developing and you don’t have to pay a dime up front! Your credit card will be authorized for zero dollars just to make sure it’s a valid card but you won’t actually be charged until it ships. There’s no risk but the pay off on finally having an Ecto-1in scale to your 6” line is huge!"

Well... this won't happen... so bummed about this... :monkey2
With one week to go... seems highly unlikely...

Between that and how beetchy the Ghostheads are, no chance of it getting enough backup

Ecto_600x600_v8.jpg

Back