New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winston with Slime Blower page on Mattycollector.com!!

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.229755800

T5816_fullsizeimage1.jpg
T5816_fullsizeimage3.jpg
T5816_fullsizeimage4.jpg

T5816_fullsizeimage6.jpg
T5816_fullsizeimage7.jpg

Kind of sucks that doesn't come with a ghost... and just the tripod trap though...

And here are Minimates RGB:

rgb_back.jpg

sam_egyptian.jpg

boogeyman_terrordog.jpg

janine_slimer.jpg

ray_egon.jpg

I was able to get a complete but loose 1/6 Peter Venkman on eBay for 41 bucks last week.

The Proton Pack and Ghost Trap are surprisingling good quality. I'm going to sculpt some aditional detail pieces for the pack and trap and repaint.

The Proton Gun is made from rubber so I will resculpt it completely so that you can actually have him hold it without it bending.

I'll have to alter the suit to fit more like in the movie.

The boots, gloves/hands, and head are all trash.

I have a custom Murray HS that I started years ago. Now I have reason to finish it :)

Will probably swap in a HT body.

$70 for a foam Stay Puft and a crappy cardboard diorama?!?! Screw you Mattel. It definitely looks like it's made from that cheap stressball material, which probably costs like 16 cents to make. I would bet the printing of the cardboard costs more.

And look--TWO douches and a hot chick. Thanks for canceling JLU assface.

Tell us what you really think Slade! :lol I hear you on the JLU front but you have to admit...Mattel did some pretty awesome figures. To have a complete collection would be quite the site to see. I might pick this SP up, he would look great next to the Minimates.

If he is in fact "stressball" squishy I will be pretty bummed and probably sell him right away... I like the full look of him in the box, but $85(w/ shipping) will be a lot a cash for a stress reliever...

Hell, i know i place on the other side of town that i can pay $25 bucks for a stress reliever. :p

M.

News from Matty, updated calendar:

Matty's News

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#GBLineThruOct

Updated Ghostbusters™ Release Schedule
May 23, 2011
Ghostbusters™ Fans,

Thanks to you, loyal Ghostbusters fans, it’s been the line’s best year yet and it ain’t over yet! I’ve got great things planned for 2011, 2012 and beyond so you’ve got a lot to look forward to.

Now about the release schedule… Because the team wanted to do right by our Winston Zeddemore with Slime Blower figure, it made the schedules to slip a bit. But never fear… there will definitely be a total of six subscription figures released throughout 2011, plus, of course, the seventh: the Club-exclusive Marshmallow Mess Ray figure that shipped to subscribers in March! At press time, here’s what’s coming and when through October:

June 15
Ghostbusters 6" Winston Zeddemore w/ Slime Blower
with Tripod Trap (Club Ecto-1 figure)

July 15
Ghostbusters 2 Movie Masters® Mega Figures 2-Pack with
12” Winston Zeddemore & Peter Venkman

July 20 at SDCC
Ghostbusters SDCC 22" Stay Puft Figure

August 15
Ghostbusters 6" “Ready to Believe You” Egon Spengler
w/Library Ghost (Club Ecto-1 Fig)

October 17
Ghostbusters 6" Ray Stantz with Cinema Ghost (Club Ecto-1 Fig)
Ghostbusters 2 Movie Masters® Mega Figures 2-Pack
with 12" Ray Stantz & Egon Spengler
Something you’ve been waiting for that I can’t announce yet!

We still have one Ghostbusters 6" Club Ecto-1 figure to reveal for 2011. That figure will ship in December and be revealed at SDCC along with the first 2012 figure! Just keep in mind that like what happened with our original Zeddemore sale date, various issues (like a potential fourth reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants or a mass sponge migration, for example) can cause things to get switched up so the schedule isn’t final until, well, it’s final. I’ll be sure to keep you updated because there are tons more great toys coming!

—Matty

Just received Winston with Slime Blower yesterday!!
Such a great figure, the Slime Blower looks amazing!!
And the new head-sculpt is great!
I just wish he came with a ghost, not just the tripod trap...
still, a really nice addition to the collection!

SDCC Voucher Pre-sale info!!

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#2011SDCCSalesAnn

Matty's News

7/11 SDCC Voucher Pre-Sale & 8/1 Post-SDCC Sale
June 23, 2011
Toy Fans,

Awhile back we told you that thanks to great fan feedback in 2010, we’d once again be holding a voucher pre-sale for products to be picked up at SDCC. Those same products (with a couple of variations) will also be available for sale here on Matty Collector.com on August 1st, just like last year. SDCC is barely a month away and all our ducks are lining up nicely, so here are the details (if you participated in these sales in 2010, they’re set up the exact same way so you already know the drill).

7/11 SDCC VOUCHER PRE-SALE

Be here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 7/11 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET).
Choose the items you want and add them to your cart. There’s a purchase limit of 6 per person on all products.
Your credit card will be charged and a confirmation email (voucher) will be sent.
Bring your voucher, the credit card you used for the transaction, your identification, and your Comic-Con badge to a pre-determined location at or near SDCC (to be announced).
Pick up your product between open of show Thursday 7/21 and close of show Saturday 7/23. We’ll email you the location and pick-up times prior to the convention.
If you’re only attending Comic-Con on Sunday 7/24, this option is not available to you.
If you don’t pick up your product by the end of the show on Saturday, your product will go into the products available for sale at the show on Sunday. You may be able to purchase it then, but there are no guarantees.
All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS so be sure you can personally pick up your purchase(s) at SDCC!
Products cannot be shipped. This option is for pick up at SDCC only, and only available to SDCC attendees (badges will be required).
Like last year, there’s a limited amount of each product available for pre-sale. It’s first-come, first-served and there are no promises you’ll be able to purchase a voucher for every product. But once you’ve got your voucher, you’re guaranteed to get your product – including Swamp Thing with Un-Men!

Here’s what we’ll have available for pre-sale (click here to see images and read the descriptions):

Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ($70)
Masters of the Universe® Classics Queen Marlena™ Figure ($25)
Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron ($30)
DC Universe Swamp Thing (plus Un-Men) ($30)
Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber ($20)
Hot Wheels® Back to the Future Time Machine Vehicle ($35)
Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle ($20)
MOTUC Polly Pocket™ Collection ($20)
Monster High™ Ghoulia Yelps™ Doll ($20)
Green Lantern Kilowog ($25)
Carol Ferris Barbie® Doll ($35)
If you miss this sale or the product you want is sold out for pre-sale, we’ll still have these products available for purchase at SDCC on a first-come, first-served basis.

8/1 POST-SDCC SALE AT MATTYCOLLECTOR.COM
Not going to SDCC? We’ve got you covered! We’ll have limited quantities of your most-wanted products available here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 8/1 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET). We're working out the details and will have the final list of products soon but we'll definitely have everything from MOTUC, Ghostbusters and DCU. Please note that Swamp Thing won’t have the Un-Men and Queen Marlena will be packed as Captain Glenn™ Heroic Galactic Adventurer™, but she’ll still have all the accessories you need to transform her into Marlena.

That’s everything for now! As far as reminders go, I send emails so click here to register and I’ll send them your way. You can also find reminders on Facebook, Twitter, and in our Fan Forums.

—Matty

I recently picked up a set of the Real Ghostbusters minimates and I just noticed that Samhain is listed as Sam Haim on the packaging. Damn, does Diamond not proofread or check this junk before they print packaging. I always find typos on their packages.

Is Sam Haim related to Corey Haim?

Back