New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a larger more detailed pic...

picture.php

i wish it had some mixed media, like fabric and the face is definitely off...

I think both Neca and Diamond did a better job on the likeness...
oh well, might still get it... it's way to awesome methinks... :D

Forgot to mention 8 X Astro's custom elbow pads too! :yess:

Just received my 8 pairs of Newline Black boots yesterday! :yess:

Now I'm a step closer to completing my set of 4 custom 12" GBI guys...with 4 extra pairs on deck for the GBII set. :clap

Here's my checklist --

1. Mattel Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore and Spengler 12" figures
2. Spencer sculpts of Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore and Spengler (currently with J. Small for paint-up treatment! :rock)
3. 8 X Newline black boots (4 for GBI, 4 for GBII)
4. 4 X canvas web-belts (for GBI, need 4 more for GB II)
5. 4 X HT USMC II MEF Tan Flight Suit (need 4 more for GBII)
6. 8 X Astro's custom elbow pads

Also still need 4-8 narrow-shoulder TT's, and maybe something better to replace the gloved hands as well.

Anyways, almost have my full recipe together. Will post pics as it all starts to come together...stay tuned. :hi5:

Personally, I think it's based on Stay Puft's appearance in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, instead of the movie.

It appears he has no eyebrows...

M.

That's one of the things that bother me a bit...
as well as the overall features... they should be more prominent...

stay-puft.jpg

Personally, I think it's based on Stay Puft's appearance in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, instead of the movie.

That would make no sense considering it's supposed to be in-scale with the movie figures, not the RGB Mego style ones...

He can't be in scale with the action figures - he'd be over 6 feet tall!

As you can see from this image, the animated version also omitted the eyebrows:

staypuft.gif

Last edited:
From wikipedia:

Stay Puft is the large white obese human-shaped figure made of joined marshmallows. He wears a white sailor hat with a red ribbon attached on top, and a blue hatband. Around his neck is a blue traditional sailor's collar and a red neckerchief. His exact to-scale height in the movie is 112.5 feet tall[3], while his height in the novelization of the movie is given at 100 feet. Other sources not affiliated with the Ghostbusters franchise estimate sizes as 130 feet[4] up to 500 feet.

A 6-inch action figure is roughly 1:12 scale. So, even at his smallest height (100 ft.), a 1:12 scale figure would be over 8 feet tall in real life. Even wearing a Stay Puft Hallowe'en costume, you still wouldn't be in scale with the action figures. Maybe the Minimates, but that's it.

He can't be in scale with the action figures - he'd be over 6 feet tall!

Ok maybe not in scale but it's intended to go with that line, as I said, it's not intended to be part of the RGB line...

And despite that, the head shape is still a bit too elongated and the features a bit off IMO...

EDIT:

Found some screenshots of the AOTS segment...
I'm relieved, it looks so much better here!!!
It does have eyebrows and the features are indeed more pronounced than the Matty picture shows... :rock!

Untitled-8.png

Untitled-11.png

And you can see the scale here,
yes it's not the right scale, but it's MASSIVE still!!

Untitled-5.png

I want one... :drool...

Untitled-2.png

And a Stay Puft too!!! :naughty
:lol

Last edited:

$70 for a foam Stay Puft and a crappy cardboard diorama?!?! Screw you Mattel. It definitely looks like it's made from that cheap stressball material, which probably costs like 16 cents to make. I would bet the printing of the cardboard costs more.

And look--TWO douches and a hot chick. Thanks for canceling JLU assface.

70 Bucks is a bit high but it's still a pretty awesome looking set I think!
Having that great looking diorama with sort out your whole Ghostbusters display!
Looking forward to this Exclusive more than any other.

People with scale issues need to just make a Stay Puft costume, dress up in it, and attack their figures themselves. Meantime, this will make a great addition to my GB display.

People with scale issues need to just make a Stay Puft costume, dress up in it, and attack their figures themselves. Meantime, this will make a great addition to my GB display.

This is the Ghostbusters display!
all the figures are gonna look so cool up against this! :)

Back