New 12" Star Trek by Playmates (pic inside)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the ONLY thing I've seen so far that I would love to own:
PT-STEnterprise.jpg

I hope this is in scale to the DST ships and about the same if not better quality.
It does look like DST had a hand in it's creation.

About the ONLY thing I've seen so far that I would love to own:
PT-STEnterprise.jpg

I hope this is in scale to the DST ships and about the same if not better quality.
It does look like DST had a hand in it's creation.

I agree SM, DST did a great job on the Enterprise and I hope this is in the same scale. This would be the only thing from the new movie that I've seen so far that has raised my eyebrows.

In the episode "Shore Leave" Kirk runs into Finnegan, his old nemesis from the academy days and he has a shirt on that is like the ones in the new upcoming movie. Too bad They couldn't redesign their past attempts on TOS. After all these years, It's amazing that Mego still reins supreme for this license. Here's my new Retro Megos. I wish we had these in 1:6 scale.

IMG_9132.jpg

Yeah, Stickman-- Mego did these right back in the day and they're still ultra-cool even now. I haven't seen much improvement (if any) over Mego's Shatner headsculpt in all this time!

I don't remember them cloning Scotty in that episode? :rolleyes:
I was always crazed by the fact that they left Mccoy out from the TMP 12" series.

If high quality TOS action figures are made without the "name brand" packaging like "Air Ford One" by Brothers Production, will you guys be interested? (Acceptable head sculpts, high quality uniforms using "real" uniform cuttings, up to scale accessories, etc.)

I will post some pics of the DST Refit with the new Playmates Enterprise in a hour or so to show the scale(which are close), the new Enterprise is a pretty good toy though i wish they added more detail but, still is the best thing you can get currently from the new movie..and i will also upload some pics of my Bandai Enterprise from the old movies.

In the episode "Shore Leave" Kirk runs into Finnegan, his old nemesis from the academy days and he has a shirt on that is like the ones in the new upcoming movie. Too bad They couldn't redesign their past attempts on TOS. After all these years, It's amazing that Mego still reins supreme for this license. Here's my new Retro Megos. I wish we had these in 1:6 scale.

IMG_9132.jpg

Sticks!!!!!

Glad to hear you're still lurking around!

Ok, here are some pics starting off with the new Playmates Enterprise
2cei7u9.jpg

2z9jqpy.jpg

Art Asylum Enterprise 1701-Alpha with the new movie Enterprise together
zn7707.jpg

authxc.jpg

And this is the Bandai kit TMP Enterprise(favorite of the bunch) I also have the Enterprise E and Voyager kits by Bandai.
6qxter.jpg

2m3hjrr.jpg

dfx44.jpg

While I like the look of the Art Asylum ship next to the Playmates one, they are unfortunately not to the same scale... believe me, I wish the new Enterprise was roughly the same size but according to this https://www.experience-the-enterprise.com/ww/ it's 2500 feet long (as opposed to 1000 for the refit)

how long is that playmates ship anyway? I might be able to work it into one of my scale ship lineups.....

Well, if in fact the new Enterprise is one and a half times bigger then the old movie refit then, that goes to show how stupid the creators are for not getting the scale more believeable on the new ship.

2500ft is mental, thats like way bigger then even Excelsior and even bigger then Enterprise D by like 400ft.

Last edited:
Ok, here are some pics starting off with the new Playmates Enterprise
2cei7u9.jpg

2z9jqpy.jpg

Art Asylum Enterprise 1701-Alpha with the new movie Enterprise together
zn7707.jpg

authxc.jpg

And this is the Bandai kit TMP Enterprise(favorite of the bunch) I also have the Enterprise E and Voyager kits by Bandai.
6qxter.jpg

2m3hjrr.jpg

dfx44.jpg

It looks like you sneaked into my house and stole some of my models/toys. :lol

What I mean is I have those exact ships. The Bandai kit is my favorite, too. But there will always be a special place in my heart for the Art Asylum 1701-A. It's my favorite ship in the series and the first A I ever owned, aside from the Micro Machines Enterprise.

Today I received my F-Toys Classic Enterprise and Refit Enterprise. They are so small and so freaking detailed! I'll try to post pictures in another thread as I do not want to detract from the Playmates figures and ships.

While I like the look of the Art Asylum ship next to the Playmates one, they are unfortunately not to the same scale... believe me, I wish the new Enterprise was roughly the same size but according to this https://www.experience-the-enterprise.com/ww/ it's 2500 feet long (as opposed to 1000 for the refit)QUOTE]

According to multiple sources (including the Ex-Astris Scientia site) The Enterprise refit is 305 meters long:

fleet-chart-1060.jpg

The new movie Enterprise being 2500ft would make it bigger than the Enterpise-E. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Yea i refuse to believe the new Enterprise is that big, that makes the scale of even the shuttle craft way way off.

F-Toys? Futura?, i have to search those(if they are not Futura)..i have the Johnny Lightining Reliant(battle Damage),STIII Enterprise(battledamage),TOS Klingon D7 and Next Gen Enterprise D and Yesterdays Enterprise version..and this are pretty nice.

I remember the MircoMachines ones and i still have some stashed away somewhere, i remember the ships being blue-ish.

Last edited:
Wow, the Bandai kit is very nice looking... Gotta love the Enterprise, but I never seem to know what is the best one to buy.

Wish I could drop a grand on the MR version, but these may be the better option :lol

Just a few more pics of the Bandai and the Enterprise E from Bandai aswell and the JL Enterprise D
30c7yjb.jpg

307yfdd.jpg

zlxnyp.jpg

23ww6yf.jpg

1z5sw0o.jpg

Last edited:
They had small ships into Walmart today. I'd say they were 6 inches long. They were kinda nice though but not my thing.

They had small ships into Walmart today. I'd say they were 6 inches long. They were kinda nice though but not my thing.

Yea, those are the Hot Wheels ships and they are pretty lacking in paint detail compared the proto images they had up prior to release and they apparently are made poorly.

Back