New 12" Star Trek by Playmates (pic inside)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are children's toys.

most people would think what you collect are children's toys, they'd be wrong of course, just saying, I don't think really see the logic in calling them children's toys and hot toys and sideshow isn't. the only difference between the two is quality. However they are star trek figure, I doubt many ten year olds are into star trek, this will be bought by the adult star trek fan base who will buy anything the name star trek on it.

For what they are I guess they are fine... but like Denger mentioned I don't see much of a kids market for this film so I think resources would have been better directed at collectors. Although, seems high-end Trek merchandise never does that well so maybe this is what we will get.

But if HT made classic Trek figures I'd gladly pay the $125+ price tag for Kirk and Spock, maybe more if they were made.

I think the weave of the fabrics on the barbie figs look wicked, but is that a good representation of the film?

most people would think what you collect are children's toys, they'd be wrong of course, just saying, I don't think really see the logic in calling them children's toys and hot toys and sideshow isn't. the only difference between the two is quality. However they are star trek figure, I doubt many ten year olds are into star trek, this will be bought by the adult star trek fan base who will buy anything the name star trek on it.

I think ten year olds may be more involved after the new movie is released.

SnakeDoc

most people would think what you collect are children's toys, they'd be wrong of course, just saying, I don't think really see the logic in calling them children's toys and hot toys and sideshow isn't.

I'm not sure they'd be THAT wrong. Ultimately -- they're all toys. Some are nicer, higher quality, more expensive, for richer and bigger kids ... but they're all action figures.

SnakeDoc

I'm not sure they'd be THAT wrong. Ultimately -- they're all toys. Some are nicer, higher quality, more expensive, for richer and bigger kids ... but they're all action figures.

SnakeDoc

Excuse me, but mine are dolls!

Toys are 100% hard plastic and articulated. Dolls have clothing. :)

it's too bad that there isn't a big adult market for Star Trek - it really would be great for some high quality 12" figs. Original series, TNG, or the new movie, i'd take any of them!

Hmmm...not very inspiring photographs.

Holy crap! :horror I just saw the fugliness of the Barbie dolls. My eyes!! My eyes!!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I wondered what Dylan McKay had been up to all these years. Turns out he's been captain of the Enterprise.

A Hot Toys TNG line would be a dream come true. My only fear is that we would get only 4 crew members...

Yup, and you know darn well one of them would be.........

wesley.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

These are going to warm the pegs forever. and probably the smaller ones too

Heh. I just see nothing but kitbash fodder. If Chris Howes or anyone else creates custom heads this would make things a hell of a lot easier.

I might get one just for the costume.
I don't see anything useful here from Playmates. The figures are a bit bigger than other 1:6 so the unis are kind of big. The accessories from the previous 12" Playmates line were too big for their own figures let alone any others.

The Barbie ones are worse!

The figures bodies I'd rank equally sucky, but uniform wise, i'd go with the Barbie versions. The TOS ones, while Kirk's shirt wasn't material accurate, fit better than the old Playmates versions.

Back