New 12" Star Trek by Playmates (pic inside)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
USA Today has an article on the new Star Trek toys with a picture of the 12" figures. It looks like they will be using the same bodies that they used for their previous 12" Star Trek line. I am not that impressed with the head sculpts either, with the exception of old Spock. Maybe they will look better in person. Here's the link:
https://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2009-01-21-star-trek-toys_N.htm
Alan
3219052380_6ea009238c_b.jpg

It rather looks like they are using their old Trek 1/6 bodies with huge chests, molded boots, and limited articulation. Older Spock looks terribly old. Nimoy doesn't look that old.

Urban is the only one I can kind of see a likeness of. Here's hoping HT gets the license as well.

Urban is the only one I can kind of see a likeness of. Here's hoping HT gets the license as well.

Here's to hoping HT gets the licenses for all Trek, makes a few figures from the new movie, then delivers figures from Classic Trek, Trek films and TNG. A Hot Toys figure of Picard as Locutus :drool

Here's to hoping HT gets the licenses for all Trek, makes a few figures from the new movie, then delivers figures from Classic Trek, Trek films and TNG. A Hot Toys figure of Picard as Locutus :drool

I would buy Classic Trek figures from Hot Toys in a second. The only one I am considering from this grouping is old (Nimoy) Spock.
Alan

Heh. I just see nothing but kitbash fodder. If Chris Howes or anyone else creates custom heads this would make things a hell of a lot easier.

Ohhh, these don't look good at all. Too bad. It's funny that Mego/Diamond Select Retro Mego figures are still the best representation of this license. I wonder what good old Gene would think. :horror

I would love that! :banana

Heh. I just see nothing but kitbash fodder. If Chris Howes or anyone else creates custom heads this would make things a hell of a lot easier.

The good thing is the retail on these won't be high and the costumes look pretty good. Slap them on a better body, repaint, modify, or replace the heads and a couple of upgrades to the belts and you could have a pretty good custom/kitbash for a low price.

Back