New 1/6th suit at Toys2.net (Hot Toys Tony Stark jericho suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember i modded mine a lot, out of the box on a regular truetype it's atrocious.

I think you did an excellent job getting the suit to look decent with the Stark head. Your pics are the best we've seen and your Wayne looks good too. Still haven't gotten mine - an unusually long wait after Toys2 declared it shipped on monday. Normally if Toys2 ship something to me at the beginning of the working week I have it by the end of that same week. Now it'll be tuesday at the earliest because of a bank holiday weekend.

I think you did an excellent job getting the suit to look decent with the Stark head. Your pics are the best we've seen and your Wayne looks good too. Still haven't gotten mine - an unusually long wait after Toys2 declared it shipped on monday. Normally if Toys2 ship something to me at the beginning of the working week I have it by the end of that same week. Now it'll be tuesday at the earliest because of a bank holiday weekend.

My guess is that he sent it "Small packet airmail" as opposed to "Expidited Airmail" Typically larger items go Expidited whereas the smaller stuff can pass for a Small Package.

Did it come with tracking?

You can't track these from Toys2, its says so when you check out. For me took about the same amount of time as UPS one calendar week after ship notice.

As promised:Overall The pics make it look decent enough and it is decent with all of the modifications for sure, but it doesn't look very good in a million different poses (including the Jericho Missile Pose) like Bruce Wayne did when I gave him the Century Hobby Toys2 suit. In fact it was hard to get even one pose it looked good in.

Well, it is a shame that Hot Toys's suit is not cool like the Century Hobby' suit. This last one is most amazing suit I have ever seen it.

As promised:Overall The pics make it look decent enough and it is decent with all of the modifications for sure, but it doesn't look very good in a million different poses (including the Jericho Missile Pose) like Bruce Wayne did when I gave him the Century Hobby Toys2 suit. In fact it was hard to get even one pose it looked good in.

The problem is it is a lot of work and takes like hours of fiddling to get it to look somewhat decent unlike the Toys2 suit which took no fiddling or modding at all and was perfect, and looked good posed in a million different ways, jacket on or off.

Even the glasses look decent in these pictures but they're not. they're ridiculous.

Here's exactly what I did to mod it.

1) Shaved down the chest a little and the shoulders a lot. almost nothing is left there other than the joints that connect it to the body and bicep.
2) Glued the collar shut because it would not stay shut for the life of me.
3) Swapped out the belt with my spare Bank Robber Joker belt because it was a lot stronger. It looks really bad without the coat, the waist was so big that in order for the pants to shut they have to be bunched up like crazy with all this extra material in the waist.
4) the watch and glass is from James Bond. I'm going to try and find one of the On the Rocks glasses from Dr. No set but I can live with the Martini if need be. He's drinking a refreshing glass of handsoap.
5) The phone is the Nokia that came with the spy 7 set (Daniel Craig) I want to replace it with something more modern and replace the horrible glasses.
tonypics.jpg

can you take some pics of the modded area? this looks great its like a perfect fit!

I'm a little late to the party, so bear with me. I'm in the process of collecting the parts I need to make my Tony Stark figure but I've got a question about the type of True Type body I should be buying. I already know I should get the new narrow-shoulder version, but which one's skin tone matches up best with the head? Caucasian, Asian or other?

My guess is that he sent it "Small packet airmail" as opposed to "Expidited Airmail" Typically larger items go Expidited whereas the smaller stuff can pass for a Small Package.

Did it come with tracking?

You were right. Just got it today, sent by ''small packet''. I've yet to dress my figure though as I'm in work. I think its going to feel like a long shift.

I'm a little late to the party, so bear with me. I'm in the process of collecting the parts I need to make my Tony Stark figure but I've got a question about the type of True Type body I should be buying. I already know I should get the new narrow-shoulder version, but which one's skin tone matches up best with the head? Caucasian, Asian or other?

My friend, you need a caucacian color TT.:D

You were right. Just got it today, sent by ''small packet''. I've yet to dress my figure though as I'm in work. I think its going to feel like a long shift.

Yeah that what I figured, it also sometimes takes a little longer than an expidited package. I'm glad you finally got it, now we need some pics :D

After work that is :D

I haven't posted pics of anything in a long time - it always seems like a lot of work, uploading to a host site then linking etc. It makes me a very boring forumite though. Maybe I'll give it a go. :D

The suit is just too big for the Stark head. That seems to be the core of the problem as far as I can tell after putting mine together. I really don't think a smaller body is going to help. Maybe it could make the shirt collar easier to position in a way that doesn't make his neck disappear but the suit just looks too big for a HT head - same as the Saturday toys suit. The 3-piece I got at Toys2 for bruce wayne is the best fit of all the non-MMS associated suits I have.

I don't think the suit it too big, it can barely fit on the truetype. I think it's mainly that the Tony head is too damn small, there's virtually nothing we can do, with his head and neck swapped out on the awesome Toys2 Bruce suit it looks no better.

widdling down his shoulders to kingdom come help a lot, I know you guys would like the pics of how it looks underneath, i was dumb, i should have thought about that, i'm willing to re-fiddle him back together if I show it so bear with me a few days when I have time!

The Stark head is no smaller than any other HT head though. Not sure how that affects either argument but thats a fact anyway.

Back