New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First they need to do what we don't already have. Then make the others. The one I want the most but is a secondary figure would be a Rohirrim royal guard.

My top picks would be:
Gondorian Soldier
Rohan Royal Guard
Helm's Deep Uruk Hai
Galadhrim Archer
Easterling
Amon Hen Uruk Hai / Lurtz

I thought the DID figures were great when they came out way ahead of there time.I bet you could bash some good figures out of them i remember they had some great accessories and clothing.

I thought the DID figures were great when they came out way ahead of there time.I bet you could bash some good figures out of them i remember they had some great accessories and clothing.

I bought a custom Gimli off someone and he used the DID clothing I believe, it looks great.

I'm currently more inclined to get LOTR/Hobbit statues than articulated figures.
I feel like it's the more proper way to represent LOTR/Hobbit characters.
Can't explain why.. :lol

What sucks is that DID also had proto's of Orcs and Saruman but they were never produced. Don't know why though.
I'm currently more inclined to get LOTR/Hobbit statues than articulated figures.
A lot of ppl feel that way

So no actual characters? :lol
Oh, absolutely! Would especially like to see those from Rohan and Rivendell. Just not my first priority, is all. (despite their assurances, I'm not expecting this line to go on forever)

And quite honestly, I'm in zero hurry to see a repeat of any character Sideshow did. I have a complete custom Fellowship, so don't really need Merry, Pippin, or Gimli either. I realize I am probably in the minority on this, of course.

Agree on this, dunno why either, nothing against AF and HT and Enterbay make great stuff but like LotR more in heavy, sturdy polystone for some reason.

While polystone is the more traditional medium for LOTR high end collectibles, I have to say that my 1/6th scaled figures are right up there, as impressive pieces.

I do have to admit that I had to repaint a few headsculpts (Aragorn and Faramar) in particular, in order to take them to the next level. Also, by adding my custom Gimli, Pippin and Merry to the collection, I have a compete "Fellowship Nine" which was always a goal of mine.

I have a very hard time believing these guys actually have the LOTR license. They've done nothing but bootlegs and knock-offs for the past 2-3 years. I understand everyone has to start somewhere, but I highly doubt New Line would've looked at their past work and said "Yeah, that looks good, we'll give you the license"

This surprises me as well... but I'm curious to see what they are able to accomplish with his line.

Sent Asmus an email to get some kind of timeline and this is what I got back.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your great support and anticipation. We are working on several characters simultaneously at moment. It is expected at the end of February we will start a full sequence of promotions for the next two years.

The Lord of the Rings project is scheduled to be a 5-year program, including a complete series of characters and creatures. We are just excited as you are.

Please keep following our facebook fan page or website and give us any suggestions or comments at will.

Best regards,
Asmus Toys

Very interesting then. If these are good enough I will get a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back