New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should start with a heavy hitter... maybe Gimli... but if they start with Merry and Pip, I think it would make this line DOA...
If they started with a bad guy, it would be great!
Doubt they will top SS Hobbits or Gandalf... but hey... I'll take any 1/6 LOTR, if anything, as somebody mentioned, the outfits alone should be worth it...

So excited that Asmus will do the Lord of the Rings. I'd like to have a Gandalf figure hopefully with an exact likeness of Ian McKellen.
If they also do Éowyn, I'll want that too. :)

f4e18e67.jpg

Looking at our join dates, its hard to believe the switch was clear back in 2005! We've probably been Freaks for over a decade now with the EZ board days factored in! :google

Yeah, time flies when you're having fun. I joined in December of 2003 which I think from what Dave has said is not long after he started the board.

If they do a Merry,Pippin and Gimli...FOTR is done when you add the SS figures...Those three I would start out with if them...all of a sudden the SS figures would I guess be in demand...not to mention the Hobbit creating a stir too

How are the SS figures generally regarded? I just bought Gandalf off a board member here and was very pleased with it. Not Hot Toys quality, but still very nice. I wasn't as impressed with the looks of the other figures though. If Asmus does a line and it turns out well enough that I might want some, I would like them to redo some of them, I think. But I'm only judging by the pictures I've seen.

How are the SS figures generally regarded? I just bought Gandalf off a board member here and was very pleased with it. Not Hot Toys quality, but still very nice. I wasn't as impressed with the looks of the other figures though. If Asmus does a line and it turns out well enough that I might want some, I would like them to redo some of them, I think. But I'm only judging by the pictures I've seen.

I'm a bit biased b/c they got me into 1:6 but I think the SS figures are great with a little work. Some ppl have switched the out the Buck bodies to TTs. I've kept the original bodies but retailored the clothes b/c on some like Legolas and Faramir, the clothing was way too loose. I've also repainted them all and resculpted Aragorn and Legolas. Takes awhile but they turn out looking great IMO.

The SS figures for the price was fantastic!

I think the big issue people still have with these is the rubber hair sculpts on Boromir/Aragorn/Faramir, which they ditched by the time Gandalf came out. They were really weak, and hurt decent sculpts (especially for the time).

Looking over some of their previous works, I'm not feeling too confident about this. They really do look like ****ty customs.

Even if they borderline stink as long as they give us something to start with I think we can make them work. Starting strong with some orcs or ringwraiths is a must.

SSC was stupid for not releasing a figure like the Ringwraiths where similar to the Cantina band they could just slightly tweak them and release 9 different ones and some people would have bought them all. :lol Easy money maker if there ever was one and they FAILED.

I'm interested to see how this plays out, I still have my full set of Sideshow LOTR 1/6 Exclusives, and would love for another company to make more. Asmus is located in Australia, so I'm guessing they have some type of New Zealand hook up, because we all know New Zealander's can't do anything without Australia's help, right Murray?

rhysdarby.jpg

Somebody wake me up when some proto pics show up. Otherwise I'll be too busy with The Hobbit releases from Weta.

IF theyre smart, they'll go good guy, badguy.

Start with gimli, then a ringwraith, then Merry, then an orc, then Pippin, then an urik-hai, then random hero, and Sauron.

From there, make whatever :lol

please be better than the dante they made... please...
Dante looked like he was sculpted from a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back