New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be cool with hot toys doing the stuff sideshow didn't do. A great gollum, gandalf the white, saruman, sauron, orcs, etc. I know they'd only do a few, and I'd be ok with that. We know how they work, and so i wouldn't get my hopes up.

Unlike leaving us missing a dwarf and 2 hobbits.

Thankfully, all i'm missing now is paint on merry and pip, and i've completed my own, so neener neener sideshow.

Thankfully for you though, Josh, I don't think hot toys would come near the hobbit. They would do one dwarf, and be like.. ok.. we are done! :)

and it wouldnt ever be a dwarf we want.:pfft:

love this news..........i did wee a little cant w8.

bilbo.jpg

HT has said LotR/Hobbit isn't real big in Asia, their primary market. Its more a European thing. And Americans just want to buy everything :lol

Yeah that is true regarding regional preferences but is Indiana Jones that big over there either?

I thought Josh was kidding, I find this opinion rather odd. I don't want the Fellowship but they could do a fine job with a quintessential bad guy. Honestly most of the human characters would be a bit of a waste of their talents as I think the character designs are too one dimensional (sort of standard, fantasy based cliche at this point). Gollum, eh. Now that I think of it maybe only Gandalf would really suit them well, even a baddie wouldn't give them much to play with since its the human facial likeness that is so superb for them.

This is exciting news!! I don't care if the likeness/paint apps are meh. I'll resculpt/repaint them just like I've done SS figures. And to hear that they are determined to do multiple figures across all 3 films female and male, bad and good! And here all I thought I had to look forward to next year was Man of Steel. I'm going to go watch one of the movies now I'm so excited! Really hoping for Gimli and Sauruman!

Also from Asmus Toys Facebook:

Asmus Toys said:
THX everyone ! We will also pick up where Sideshow left, complete the Fellowship~!

Last edited:
I have a very hard time believing these guys actually have the LOTR license. They've done nothing but bootlegs and knock-offs for the past 2-3 years. I understand everyone has to start somewhere, but I highly doubt New Line would've looked at their past work and said "Yeah, that looks good, we'll give you the license"

Now that you mention it, the 2013 in the original post does sort of look like MS Paint work from 15 years ago.

Yeah that is true regarding regional preferences but is Indiana Jones that big over there either?

I thought Josh was kidding, I find this opinion rather odd. I don't want the Fellowship but they could do a fine job with a quintessential bad guy. Honestly most of the human characters would be a bit of a waste of their talents as I think the character designs are too one dimensional (sort of standard, fantasy based cliche at this point). Gollum, eh. Now that I think of it maybe only Gandalf would really suit them well, even a baddie wouldn't give them much to play with since its the human facial likeness that is so superb for them.

Nope wasn't kidding. I like the calmness of this section and the type of collector that we have here.

Come on you don't like guys using Paint and Photoshop to draw angles on figure's faces to make some point about something about the likeness ;)

Now that I think of it Gandalf would work for them. Everyone loves Gandalf. They could do a Gray and White outfit with switch out hair (gcrazy for gray, more calm and combed for white). HT could do a great job on tailoring as well. Throw in some awesome bit of environmental display stand. Also it may not be super crazy. McKellen seems to be an easier sculpt than Harrison Ford.

So they want to pick up where Sideshow left off? Starting a new line with Merry, Pippin, and Gimli is a good way to end a line with Merry, Pippn, and Gimli :lol

And I can easily see this section exploding this weekend when the Hobbit hits. Enjoy the peace and calm of the Shire before it turns into Helms Deep :rotfl

It's better than getting yet another Aragorn or Legolas who would usually be th "go to" characters to start things off. While I wouldn't mind those two again, I want to for once see a character that hasn't been done by sideshow before

And I can easily see this section exploding this weekend when the Hobbit hits. Enjoy the peace and calm of the Shire before it turns into Helms Deep :rotfl

I don't mind it. I've been here a long time now and I remember what it was like in the Ezboard days. So a busy section is ok but it will be due to the stuff Weta, Noble, Jerry V, and GG ate making for The Hobbit. Also, because of the stuff SS is making for Lord of the Rings not because the HT crazies.

I don't mind it. I've been here a long time now and I remember what it was like in the Ezboard days. So a busy section is ok but it will be due to the stuff Weta, Noble, Jerry V, and GG ate making for The Hobbit. Also, because of the stuff SS is making for Lord of the Rings not because the HT crazies.

Yeah, the EZ days were nice. Its amazing how the board has grown since then :google

Yeah, the EZ days were nice. Its amazing how the board has grown since then :google

It has changed a lot. Some good and some bad. I think if board years and dog years were calculated the same that makes me older than dirt. :lol

Looking at our join dates, its hard to believe the switch was clear back in 2005! We've probably been Freaks for over a decade now with the EZ board days factored in! :google

I wouldn't mind if hot toys ever got the LOTR license. But like BM said it prob wouldn't sell well in Asia. IMO I don't think SS likes 1/6 scale anymore. They have def dialed down their Joe line. Star wars doesnt put out that many human figures anymore. Most of their clones are extremely easy to make now. Interesting to see what they do with their new DC 1/6 figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back