NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if there are any rumblings of Neca doing an accessory pack for this? Like the flamethrower etc?

Agreed! I find this to be pleasantly surprising considering how quickly this figure went from initial reveal to actual release.
It's kind of crazy, I swear when the figure was fully revealed, it had to have already been fully produced and on a boat over here gauging from how terrible shipping has been.

Does anyone know if there are any rumblings of Neca doing an accessory pack for this? Like the flamethrower etc?
They will almost assuredly do at least one more MacReady figure if not two. I doubt they'll do just an accessory set. I suppose they could pack additional items in with Thing monsters though.

Neither of these head sculpts were included with the US Outpost 31 release. We have not seen the last of R.J. MacReady, peeps. Buy them all. I will.

Attachments

• 185562020_323144349219526_2968005197482971204_n.jpg
    185562020_323144349219526_2968005197482971204_n.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 74
By the way, for anyone second guessing a purchase for ole Mac, just remember...this is what Sota gave us. The factory paint apps obviously destroyed whatever sculpt was there. The NECA figure is actually quite nice, and I am looking forward to more.

Attachments

• mac sota.jpg
    mac sota.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 101
  • mac sota.jpg
    mac sota.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 95
Pretty much as expected, NECA replied to a tweet saying they're just getting started on The Thing and they'll have more stuff this year and next for the 40th anniversary.

Someone asked NECA yesterday if they should bother hunting down the old McF Thing figs to round out the MacReady release. NECA advised against that, which is wonderful news!

Yeah no luck at all at or outside of Target. The app says two stores in my area (out of about a dozen) have it in stock. But of course when I went to check they indeed did not. So far it’s only an eBay exclusive.

Still haven’t found MacReady either. It’s so weird because my Target got the other exclusives. Unless NECA did a shorter run of this figure or something.

He sold out really fast at my Target, I was just very lucky that I was there the morning they were put out. Never saw him since.

Back