NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm holding of because we know they have more versions coming. I'm gonna wait until I see all 3 before buying one.

Version 2 of MacReady.

E6rRCiAWQAIFgpp

Looks that way. I'll get it, but I hope he come with more stuff to justify this.

I'm very disappointed we got no reveal of the the Thing itself today.

**** sake. They should have had at least one of the creatures to show. They're using the delay to the films 40th anniversary as an excuse.

The truth is they devote most of their time to Turtles now and didn't delegate resources to the Thing so they churned out an easy Mac redo.

I didn't get Mac before, so I'll definitely get this one seeing as it comes with the flamethrower, have to agree with @Johnny Utah tho Neca is becoming very stale with their turtle obssession, I was hoping to see some Things and Bruce from Jaws yesterday since they were supposed to reveal some "monster madness" and was left disappointed.

I was pretty much like that anyway. They have found their Iron Man. Even grails like the Thing aren't treated with respect as a result.

I wish someone would just inform the masses (including us toy folk) that the reason a lot of product is delayed, and there is no current shipping calendar is because of the bottleneck at US Customs. There are containers upon containers packed sky high of product that is in backlog hell. Just waiting to be unloaded. I've someone I am close to in the post office service. They explained a lot of the delays and shortages people are experiencing is due to a lack of staff unpacking product. I am sure NECA is no exception. I would be willing to bet a dollar to a donut that Jason part 7 and other figures are languishing in a US port stateside right now.

I was pretty much like that anyway. They have found their Iron Man. Even grails like the Thing aren't treated with respect as a result.

I just don't see this as being treated with disrespect. A bunch of people, myself included, were thinking of buying multiples of the regular MacReady figure, so this just makes it easier to get another one and not have doubles of every single accessory.

Will buy different versions of Macready. Norweggian camp, Blood test with flamethrower. Final battle. Maybe even a kennel version if they make a dio with the monster. Thinking about doing minidioramas

I've generally given up on the idea of dioramas. I had been buying multiples (more than 2) of many figures from Aliens for example for theoretical diorama purposes. But I realized in the last couple of years that the calibre of diorama I'd want I can't make myself, nor am I ever likely to commission someone else to make them - and heck I don't even have the space so I don't know what I was thinking.

I still buy each variant of a given character of interest that NECA makes however. As long as they can look different from eachother on the shelf - which even these two very similar Macreadys can due to the accessories and different heads. I'll display the first figure with the hat head and Flamethrower Mac with the full luscious splendor of his hair on show.

I will also get the new MacReady because I love the IP, but I do not think what the NECA is doing is ethical. All these accessories (flamethrower, petri dish) should be part of the first ultimate edition.

Every action figure company re-uses parts, makes multiples of the same character, and does variants. Sometimes the only difference is a splash of paint or a new head. It's the nature of this business. It's why some people only collect a single character like Hulk or Batman. These companies are in it to make a profit. The IP licenses are costly. Being angry at a company because they do these things isn't going to solve anything. If we don't like the variants, etc....just skip them. These things are $30 each. I could understand the frustration if they were Hot Toys prices. But as these figures cost about the same as a dinner date at Pizza Hut, which is gone in less than 12 hours, its really not a big deal. They crammed a bunch of crap in the first release. It was worth $30. The second release has a lot of stuff crammed in it. It will be worth the price of admission too. As will the third one, the fourth one, the fifth one, etc.......cause there's definitely going to be more.

Back